Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 22, 2003, 12:35 PM
Leading the Freedom Fight
Anywhere theres a need for a Hero!!!
Joined Feb 2003
16 Posts
Ha, you bit!! I knew that this would draw you out into the open. No more hiding behind trees and such like you did on our last outing in your own territory. Your coming into my territory now and your hide is mine Herr Baron, See you on Sunday!

Oh by the way, The rootbeer sounds like a great before flight beverage. I'll take you up on that one.

Col. "Snoop Dawg" Snoopy
Col. Snoopy is offline Find More Posts by Col. Snoopy
Last edited by Col. Snoopy; Sep 22, 2003 at 12:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2003, 12:59 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,579 Posts
Mike,

You keep mentioning "Sunday", what about Saturday in Half Moon Bay? You inlanders afraid of the coast and sea water? There is no shark here!

Brian, an EAJ.
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Sep 22, 2003, 05:31 PM
Reno, NV, USA
Joined Mar 2001
322 Posts
Camping at Half moon bay

Camping at Half Moon Bay

Per this website, the campgrounds are closed.

Can someone confirm that there is overnight camping with shower facilities there, or somewhere nearby?

I'm sure it would make it easier for those out of state, such as myself to plan a few nights at BAD.

thanks! Phil
phil@kitesplus.com
PhilK is offline Find More Posts by PhilK
Old Sep 22, 2003, 06:56 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,369 Posts
Dear Brian:
The Dr 1 will not be flying at Half Moon Bay as it will be getting waxed and polished for it's fight on Sunday with Snoopy. However the Funky Chicken will try and come and soar with the seagulls on Saturday. I will bring some stuff to swap or sell. I need to make room for some upcoming reviews. I'll be taking a Voltair Cube for sale at Devil's Mt. but will probably not be bringing it to HMB. Will bring an Alycone glider RTF and a nice two channel 2-meter glider for sale as well as a 110" Elipsoid RTF. I'll also bring a couple park flyers for sale but not sure which ones yet. Probably bring a Viper Twin and a Spitfire kit. If they don't sell at HMB I will bring them to Devil Mt.
Both of these events are enjoyable because of the good people that put them own!
Brian, if you can make it to Devil Mt. I will try to protect you from Snoopy who crashed landed into your arm a few years ago when he was only a first Lt.
Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2003, 07:38 PM
KLH
Pack Rat
Hayward CA / Valley Springs CA USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,778 Posts
Phil
There used to be a private camp ground in the same general area called "Martin's Beach". Don't know if it's still in operation though. Maybe one of the locals can chime in here and give you Reno guys a hand. Sorry I can't be of more help, but per our phone conversation of last night Karen and I will be out of town for the next few days. Hoping to be back by Fri, but maybe not until Sat. If I don't see you at HMB I'll see you guys on Sun. at Devil Mt.

Kern
KLH is offline Find More Posts by KLH
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:22 PM
Reno, NV, USA
Joined Mar 2001
322 Posts
Camping at Half moon bay

KLH:

Thanks, I found a place called Pelican Point RV Park which is only a few miles south of PAM.

And they have showers, which is of significant importance to me.

They allow tent camping, and have actual RV spots too.

First come, first serve.

Pelican Point RV Park
1001 Miramontes Point Road
Half Moon Bay, CA, 94019
Phone:(650) 726-9100

thanks! Phil
PhilK is offline Find More Posts by PhilK
Old Sep 24, 2003, 12:44 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,057 Posts
...still holding my breath to attend....

I've dodged three, count 'em, THREE threats to my attendance of BAD this year already. I'm coming in low, beneath the radar. Flight plan is still looking good.... ETA 0800 on Saturday. Bonzaiiiii!!!!

Hey, what's the schedule for the event on Sat? Is it just gonna be open flying, or will there be categories like speed/scale/EDF/open/etc?
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2003, 01:41 PM
Concord, CA, USA
Joined Dec 2000
328 Posts
Devil Mountain, Sunday, Sept 28

Hi, I'm CD.

Raffle this year is looking good. Includes a 6 ft span World Models Piper Cub, fully assembled with Jeti 45 brushless motor and 40 amp controller and servos. There are other aircraft also being raffled. Our local hobby shop, Mike Mann's Hobby Town, Hobby Shack, and Dymond Motorsport have been particularly generous. Registered pilots get a ticket with there registration. Additional tickets are $1 each.

This year DVRC is opening the field for camping Saturday night. Our camping facilities are minimal, no showers, no flush toilets, limited running water sometimes. In fact, the field is on city land and normally the gates are locked, which would keep non-members from getting in, but two DVRC members (Phil Young and Jack Schonberger) will be camping out over night. They are planning to leave the gates closed but unlocked by 4:00 PM. (We have to keep the cows in), but if you have trouble getting in, you can contact Phill at (925) 519-8516.

I'll be at the first half of the BAD in Half Moon Bay on Saturday.

Look forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

Chuck Hill, (925) 685-1546
ChuckHHill is offline Find More Posts by ChuckHHill
Old Sep 24, 2003, 04:03 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie P
...still holding my breath to attend....

Hey, what's the schedule for the event on Sat? Is it just gonna be open flying, or will there be categories like speed/scale/EDF/open/etc?
Ed

There is a small airport in HMB that you can land on
or the really small one that we fly on!

No formal event, just fun fly. Hope to see you there.

Brian,as EAJ
Old Sep 24, 2003, 05:33 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,369 Posts
I will be covering BAD for Ezone so I will definitely be making both events but I will be mostly taking pictures and a few videos for the article reviewing the events for Ezone. I will be bringing a few planes for sale as posted earlier.
I will of course still have to kill Snoopy on Sunday but other then that I will be more cub reporter then pilot. Mike
PS to Brian: We inlanders don't fear the sea as much as coastal guys fear the valley heat in July. Baron Von Herr Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Sep 24, 2003 at 05:38 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 05:52 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,579 Posts
I may be going to the Sunday Baron/Snoopy Airwar, now only if I can remember where did I put my suit of armor...? Or if I spray Armorall on my arm, will that protect me from Snoopy's prop blade?

I better take out a life insurance just in case....

Baron Von Heer, no problem with heat, just the humility....errr...humidity I can't handle.

Brian, an EAJ
Old Sep 24, 2003, 05:53 PM
Joined Feb 2003
16 Posts
Me thinks you've been hitting the "Root Beer" a little too heavily lately von Baron. "Snoop Dawg" will have to take you down again! And a rightous spanking it will be!!
Old Sep 24, 2003, 05:56 PM
Joined Feb 2003
16 Posts
You posted before I could get this in Brian. Remember, lightning only strike once in the same place.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 05:56 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,369 Posts
Hey I only talk trash to Snoopy because I know he loves to go through the trash can and he loves it when he finds those treats intended for him.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2003, 06:00 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
I think you had better not get him all riled up Mike. You're just going to make things worse for yourself!

He's going to be a bear to be around for the rest of the week after this round. Maybe I should threaten to take a vacation and let him find someone else to tune the "Pup". Nah, like that's going to happen. I'm in there for the duration.

BTW, bring along an extra Root Beer for me as well, OK?
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG