RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2003, 08:30 AM
Size Matters!
San Francisco Bay Area
Joined Dec 2002
2,654 Posts
Flybyguy,
There is RV/camping in HMB in town right at the beach. I don't know the name of the park though. You could shuttle down??
RocketRob is offline Find More Posts by RocketRob
Old Sep 09, 2003, 11:49 AM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie P
The PAM flying site link is dead. Is there a new one? Thanks
Sorry, Eddie, The web host is ??? We are looking for a new one.

Brian
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Sep 09, 2003, 10:17 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,303 Posts
Brian, send RC Groups "General Manager" Jnowell an email. We can probably host your club website on this server.
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Sep 09, 2003, 11:30 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,586 Posts
Greg,

Thanks, I will forward the message.

You are coming, aren't you?

Did you check the http://BayRC.com It is hosted by the RCgroup.

Brian, an EAJ
Old Sep 12, 2003, 02:37 AM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,586 Posts
Eddie and all,

the Peninsula Aeromodelers site is up again.

Brian, an EAJ
Old Sep 12, 2003, 11:14 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,192 Posts
Very nice runway complex! This should be a great event
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2003, 02:09 PM
Go Giants!
San Mateo, California, United States
Joined Jun 2002
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketRob
Flybyguy,
There is RV/camping in HMB in town right at the beach. I don't know the name of the park though. You could shuttle down??
Do you have a phone number?

Any idea how far the camping is from the flying site?

Thanks,

Brian
Flybyguy is offline Find More Posts by Flybyguy
Old Sep 14, 2003, 09:47 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,303 Posts
Speaking of camping, we discussed this at the DVRC Board meeting yesterday. We'll be having a campover Saturday night at DVRC field, home of the Devil Mt. Meet on Sunday. If this sounds like something you'd like to participate in contact Chuck Hill, ChuckHHill@aol.com for more info. See you all there!
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Last edited by GregG; Sep 14, 2003 at 10:31 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 10:17 AM
Size Matters!
San Francisco Bay Area
Joined Dec 2002
2,654 Posts
The HMB camping is at "surfers beach". Just north of Half Moon Bay - South of the HAF airport - i think it is a state park?
RocketRob is offline Find More Posts by RocketRob
Old Sep 20, 2003, 10:39 PM
Leading the Freedom Fight
Anywhere theres a need for a Hero!!!
Joined Feb 2003
16 Posts
I was out today testing the new "Super Secret" power plant that my mechanic has been developing for our plane this past month. I think we have a winner here!!! This Puppy and his Pup are all tuned up and ready to shoot a few more holes in that Red Triplane that my nemesis "The Baron" has been flying. Actually, after that last shooting spree I was surprised his plane still managed to fly back to the ground without dropping out of the sky. You'd think that with all of those bullet holes it would have lost a tremendous amount of wing area and add loads of drag.

We've also installed a new auto cannon just for this weekend. Hey Baron, are you out there? You aren't going to chicken out are ya? Hope to see you there! (through my gun sights that is)

Col. Snoopy
Col. Snoopy is offline Find More Posts by Col. Snoopy
Old Sep 20, 2003, 11:22 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,421 Posts
Dear Col Snoopy:
I am currently scheduled to give a lecture on advanced aeronautics at the Dusseldorf Beer Hall next Sunday morning. (Terrible to have to do such things on a Sunday, but WAR is Hell!) I will see if I can't find another Ace to give my lecture for me next Sunday and if so I will be happy to give you a lesson one on one. I know you are dying for this tutorial.
I have my mechanic Bruno working on the problem of current consumption with my Dr 1. I may try installing a larger energy tank to hold 1100 mamps of NIMH instead of the current limit of 350 mamps of Nicad. My motor is strong enough to handle the weight but keeping the plane in balance is always a challenge.
I hope you had a chance to see the combat video on the Combat review with the Firebird Commander. Great fun watching our boys train with those planes. Baron Von Herr Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2003, 01:39 PM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,680 Posts
Achtung ihr Russen! -- Don't forget that if there is anything good left to fly after the BAD weekend, we have a "eins-zwei-drei-vier -- tsets-tse-vay-ve-do-it-here event" scheduled for the following weekend near Portland, Oregon (see http://shredair.com/album/equinox03.html)

Parental visit and travel distance make it impossible for us to attend the BAD event.

Dieter Mahlein
http://shredair.com
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old Sep 21, 2003, 07:06 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,586 Posts
Dieter

I know it is a fair distance to drive, but you are welcome to bring your parents too. We will not discriminate parents...as long as they don't ask "Can we go yet?"

We will have at least one international attendee, Arne Karos from Münich, Germany. That makes the BAD an international event!!

6 more days to go, the weather today is warm, 75 deg F . Light breeze and slight from the south. The weather will be warm to HMB standard.

Check Peninsula Aeromodeler website and click on the picture to get the current weather condition. The weather station is in HMB.

Brian, an EAJ and the Field Boss.
Last edited by bhchan; Sep 21, 2003 at 07:11 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 12:13 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,421 Posts
Dear Col Snoopy:
Congratulations on your promotion! We heard from agent Woodstock that you are now a full bird Col. I have good news as well! I have found another speaker to cover my responsibilities at the Dusseldorf Beer Hall gathering and I will be able to come over and kill you this Sunday after all. I was so looking forward to this year's event after winds prevented us from flying against each other at your event last year. I only hope Fritz can figure out how to cram more or bigger batteries into my plane so I can fly over your wreckage for a nice long time after I shoot you down. I really don't mind that you were able to fit a bigger brushless into your plane but I wish I could fit more Nimh's or Nicads into mine. I will bring the beer for our preflight drink. I know you always like the smell of a good rootbeer in the morning.
The Baron

P.S. The Funky Chicken will be coming as well!
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Sep 22, 2003 at 12:15 PM.