Power-line attraction pilot
United States, MA, Natick
Joined Jun 2011
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolo1234 View Post
remember the negative on the receiver is on top
Random lol? Thanks for the info though.

What I really want to see is placement of the rx on a Skywalker...
caall99 is offline Find More Posts by caall99
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:21 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopp View Post
Ok just got the Rmilec UHF in my skywalker, did a rangetest and it did not work any good.
So whats can block the signal? my 2.4 vtx or gps ? got a alufoil-shielded sn777 camera in front of the plane.
What range do you people get with this, high and low modus?
SN777 is death to UHF Rxs. All of them, and my own testing showed the RmileC gear is more
susceptible to noise than most. Wrapping foil around the camera won't help. It's already
in a metal case.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:14 PM
Россия, МО, город Сергиев Посад
Joined Sep 2011
26 Posts
del
AsMan is offline Find More Posts by AsMan
Last edited by AsMan; Oct 08, 2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: do not know how to embed a video
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
SN777 is death to UHF Rxs. All of them, and my own testing showed the RmileC gear is more
susceptible to noise than most. Wrapping foil around the camera won't help. It's already
in a metal case.

ian
Hey Ian,

I have only gotten terrible terrible performance out of my RMILEC UHF system and the crap wire antennas drive me nuts. My RMILEC has performed worse than my friends stock 2.4ghz Turnigy 9X. But then i read posts where people are flying 25Km with the RMILEC system, and i wonder what the heck i am doing wrong.

I have a PIXIM Seawolf, FOX-800 1.280ghz, and run a GPS to my DOSD. I own a RMILEC fiber optic kit, but would rather not use it as it requires an additional battery, further complicating my setup...

am i better off selling RMILEC and going with something like Rangelink (similar cost)? even though the Rangelink system only has 600mw of max power and less polished physical integration into my turnigy 9x transmitter, would i see more consistent and better performance out of it. is it worth tinkering with the RMILEC? what else can i do to make my RMILEC system worth it? i am about to build a skywalker and ideas on component placing would help alot.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:45 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,530 Posts
I can't tell ya how to fix your RmileC issues. I performed ground range tests with it installed
in my SW, and results were really bad compared to the other UHF systems I own (DL,
RL, TSLRS). Details of my test is somewhere earlier in this thread. The Rx seems to
be hyper-sensitive to RFi in the UHF band and the Tx itself is not filtered, so it spews
harmonics onto 1.3Ghz video. I didn't even bother trying to fly with it.

By comparison I ground range tested both my DL my RL gear installed in the same aircraft,
out to 30 miles (with clear LoS), across the entire Denver metro area. They're not
limited by their max power output.

ian
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
520 Posts
Thanks for the response. Sounds like even with less power rangelink is the way to go.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:26 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
735 Posts
Had same experience with my rmilec system, decided its simply not worth it and better off using standard 2.4 till i get my DL.
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:02 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Hrm. Gosh, 30 miles ground range? Not bad, not bad. I haven't used this system yet, I could've finished the plane weeks ago but it's getting darker and darker. Maybe I'll use this as a second system instead for less critical things, like long-range vehicles that won't crash if you lose the link momentarily.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:22 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Actually, nevermind, I'll test this system and see what happens, then report back. Can't just throw away 170 bucks like that. The biggest problem here, IMO, is the lack of support. A LOT of people use Dragonlink and some of the other systems, help is always a post away and the devs aren't completely invisible, like this one is.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:33 PM
Mosjøen, Norway
Joined Oct 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
in a metal case.

ian
Ok changed to the WDR 750 from foxtech and did a new rangetest , 10km on low setting. Worked nice! 2meters from ground.
flopp is offline Find More Posts by flopp
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:48 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopp View Post
Ok changed to the WDR 750 from foxtech and did a new rangetest , 10km on low setting. Worked nice! 2meters from ground.
Awsome, what video transmitter are u using ?? i was using a lawmate 1w and it wiped out the rmilec reciever..
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Dec 2008
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
VERY interesting indeed!

No RSSI output though.
Has RSSI output. Please check in the manual
Bill
billybo is offline Find More Posts by billybo
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:56 PM
The Netherlands, DR, Erica
Joined May 2012
10 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just got my Rmilec jr and using it with a 9x with er software, tested it today with rangevideo 1.3 800mw and dominator goggles.
i'm getting alot of interference in my goggles, when i move the transmitter away picture is fine.
I'm using a filter on the vtx and the rmilec module, standing away atleast 3 meters from my videoreciever. Is the cable picking up the interferrence? Or is the rmilec interfering with the goggles itself?Anyone else got this problem?
I've got no clue what im doing wrong, any input would be much appreciated?

Thank you!
SilentStatic is offline Find More Posts by SilentStatic
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:37 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,530 Posts
What you didn't say is which video Rx you're using.
If it's one of the digital display Rxs, it won't play nice with UHF systems, and especially
so with RmileC Tx which is itself not filtered. It is however possible for
a UHF Tx to interfere directly with the goggles, usually through the wires running
to the goggles. Sometimes just running them over your shoulder and behind
your back will help. Sometimes not so much.

ian
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mosjøen, Norway
Joined Oct 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
Awsome, what video transmitter are u using ?? i was using a lawmate 1w and it wiped out the rmilec reciever..
I use 2.4GHz 500mw from Rangevideo http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...ts_id=5&page=2
flopp is offline Find More Posts by flopp