HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by boingk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:19 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Discussion
Pictures and Parcels

No photos of the contruction project but I did manage to snap these at the field today;

The last one is of a real J3 (or similar) that thought it'd be nice to buzz slowly overhead. It was very windy at the time so he must've had a good job keeping her steady, I know I did!

I group of kids showed up just as I was starting, to use the cricket cages behind where I was standing. They got a real kick out of the plane and there were a few questions, some from the parents as well. I took off and experimented with some new Rhino 3s 610mAh cells that I got, which seemed t run alright for a first flight. The best part is realising that they'll just get better with cycling... they really did provide some punch with the 3000kv/4.75x4.75 powertrain combo in the L-4.

Another thing I'm waiting on in the mail is my latest order from HobbyKing, which has a few odds and ends for my mini-hotliner project plus some charger connections, various props and a more appropriate (1500kv) motor for the L-4.

Oh, and the new 800mm series P-40. Couldn't resist

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
to remove ads between posts