HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:21 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Discussion
My XP9303/DragonLink and Skywalker Set Up

I have had several questions on how I set up my XP9303/DragonLink in my Skywalker using a ET OSD PRO and an FY-20A stabilizer. I use AUX2 3 position switch to control Dual Rates, FY-20A stabilizer on/off, and RTH. Here is a list of what channel goes where and its function:

1- Throttle - goes to the Throttle in port of the OSD
2- Aileron - goes to the Aileron in port of the FY-20A
3- Elevator - goes to the Elevator in port of the OSD
4- Rudder - goes to the Aileron/Rudder in port of the OSD
5- Gear Switch - goes to the AUX1 in port of the OSD
6- Flap 3 position Switch - goes to the PAN servo for 3 positions
7- AUX2 3 position Switch - goes to the "switch" port of the FY-20A. Position "0" is low rates, FY-20A off, no RTH. Position "1" is high rates, FY-20A in full stabilization mode, no RTH. Position "2" is high rates, FY-20A in full stabilization mode, RTH engaged.
8- LT Lever - goes to the tilt servo (optional). Also serves as the input from the 5V UBEC output.
9- Mix Switch - goes to the AUX2 port of the OSD

This is how I fly my Skywalker. There may be other ways to program the radio, but this is how I do it. Feel free to do it your own way. You'll notice that I used a small piece of masking tape to remind me what mixes 5 and 6 need to be to obtain LT or DN.
Below is screen shots of how I've programmed the radio in order of how they appear on the transmitter screen. I've included a block diagram of how I have my system hooked up.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Last edited by Crist Rigotti; Mar 25, 2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added block diagram
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:28 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,588 Posts
I have been experimenting wit throttle to elevator mix and stopped useing it due to the volts/amps/watts change as i fly, but mix stays the same.

so end result the mix does not realy work effectively from beginning to end of flight.

I found manually trimming the elevator a more effective means to the end with elevator throttle mix.

your throttle can be 1/4 or 3/4 and same watts output durring the flight but mix remains the same and does not work very effectively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
I have had several questions on how I set up my XP9303 in my Skywalker using a ET OSD PRO and an FY-20A stabilizer. I use AUX2 3 position switch to control Dual Rates, FY-20A stabilizer on/off, and RTH. Here is a list of what channel goes where and its function:

1- Throttle - goes to the Throttle in port of the OSD
2- Aileron - goes to the Aileron in port of the FY-20A
3- Elevator - goes to the Elevator in port of the OSD
4- Rudder - goes to the Aileron/Rudder in port of the OSD
5- Gear Switch - goes to the AUX1 in port of the OSD
6- Flap 3 position Switch - goes to the PAN servo for 3 positions
7- AUX2 3 position Switch - position "0" is low rates, FY-20A off, no RTH. Position "1" is high rates, FY-20A in full stabilization mode, no RTH. Position "2" is high rates, FY-20A in full stabilization mode, RTH engaged.
8- LT Lever - Tilt servo
9- Mix Switch - goes to the AUX2 port of the OSD

This is how I fly my Skywalker. There may be other ways to program the radio, but this is how I do it. Feel free to do it your own way. You'll notice that I used a small piece of masking tape to remind me what mixes 5 and 6 need to be to obtain LT or DN.
Below is screen shots of how I've programmed the radio in order of how they appear on the transmitter screen.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:34 PM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
David22,
I find it easier to use manual trim for the elevator too. Hence I'm not using any mix. I showed it just in case anybody else wants to try it.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:56 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2009
282 Posts
Did you ever try RTH without a stabilizer? Thanks
Taiping is offline Find More Posts by Taiping
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:18 PM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiping View Post
Did you ever try RTH without a stabilizer? Thanks
No. Never thought of doing that.
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:44 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
227 Posts
Hi Crist,

Are you displaying the Dragon Link RSSI on the OSD Pro ? I have been with just a simple single wire connection to the eLogger, but someone made me nervous saying this was a cause of a crash. I havent seen a problem, have you ?
mentony32 is offline Find More Posts by mentony32
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:50 PM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentony32 View Post
Hi Crist,

Are you displaying the Dragon Link RSSI on the OSD Pro ? I have been with just a simple single wire connection to the eLogger, but someone made me nervous saying this was a cause of a crash. I havent seen a problem, have you ?
No I'm not. I'm the one that had some problems with it. Frankly, I think that displaying RSSI using a DL isn't all the necessary. The solid link even at very great distances makes RSSI something that I don't worry about. Personal preference.