Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:05 AM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
Help!
Build boat with Zenoah 26cc

Hi..
i am new in this groups.
What i want to know is :

I want build a custom boat with Zenoah Engine 26cc, i already have a V-Hull type boat (Only the body) ; engine Zenoah 26cc (G260PUM) ; Top Edge Remote Control and Receiver. What part must i need to make in run in water?

Do you have any documentations or manual or something to make me learn How to build a boat until Run?

Thank You Friends!
boatrc is offline Find More Posts by boatrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:37 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,667 Posts
No I don't But the Internet might! You for sure need turn fins, rudder, tank(s), Radio BOX,muffler, sealent, cooling, and thats about it!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:38 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,667 Posts
O and a shaft!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
thank you!! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
No I don't But the Internet might! You for sure need turn fins, rudder, tank(s), Radio BOX,muffler, sealent, cooling, and thats about it!O and a shaft!

Why i need turn fins?is the turn fins connect to servo?or the rudder connect servo?

did the zenoah engine didnt include cooler?must i make it by myself?

shaft. how about shaft truts?what for is that?

do you know what type of propeller use for large scale boat (1200mm length)?i mean the ?

and what is trim tabs, flex shaft use for?

thank you.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:41 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,667 Posts
The turn fins don't actually turn, they are fixed to tho boat to make it go staight. Ironic, Right? The Rudder is the one that is attached to the servo so the boat can turn. I don't know if your Zenoah model came with a cooler. Id have to have a parts # or some pics. And did you mean shaft struts? or did you mean truts like you posted(there is no such thing)? And alot of propellers can work like the grimracer or octura propellers. Size isn't a HUGE deal if you have a large boat, (which assuming you do, cuz you're using a 26cc Engine!!!) The flex Shaft is used to connect the motor to the propeller. Like a metal (except this flexes) pole connected to the motor and the prop. About the turn Fins, you see my Avatar? (under my name) The bottom right hand corner at the very end of the boat there is that light blue meatal thing. That is the right hand turn fin. And in the back in the middle is the rudder. here is a pic to show you also. O and the shiny chrome metal pieces are the trim tabs. they make the front of the boat go up or down while in motion.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:59 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,930 Posts
Sorry newb but the turn fin helps to make the hull turn in a shorter distance.
OK, what else do you have? I'm not at all familiar with your radio system. A standard servo will work for the throttle but I'd advise a heavier-duty one with at least 100 oz. in. or more of torque for steering.
A flex cable is what runs from the engine and connects to the propeller. It runs inside a stuffing tube, a length of brass tubing with grease inside.
Trim tabs adjust the ride attitude of the hull. See those shiny things on the transon in the above posting? That's what those little devils are.
The raio box of course is a waterproof box that holds all of the boats radio gear. Pushrod seals go around the pushrods/linkages.
The Zen 260 PUM (the M stands for Marine) should already have a water jacket on it.
You're going to need a strut (the thing that the flex cable goes through) and rudder. If you know who made toe hull, see what they advise for running hardware.

It's really hard to describe everything that you need over the Internet and how to install it. I wish that I knew of a good site that tells a new boater how to build a kit with components from various manufacturers from start to finish but I don't know of one. Warehouse Hobbies, www.whobbies.com does have some video tutorials on their site for some things.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:28 AM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
thank you for the information.
i will try to build it soon
this is the pic of engine
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...rand=509962992
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:51 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,667 Posts
Well i guess im officially an idiot bye
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:49 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,930 Posts
Hopefully you didn't buy it from ProBoat because if you did, you paid way too much.

Alex, get over it, really. Now you're just trying to double your post count. Keep it up and I'll give your dad permission to give you 5 upside the head (like he needs it).
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:42 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Well i guess im officially an idiot bye
Everyone is wrong from time to time... if everyone quit and left after being wrong once there wouldn't be anyone posting at all.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons