SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:27 AM
Wirral, UK
Joined Jan 2007
315 Posts
Discussion
have eagle tree given up looking in here?

Not a moan really, but is this section not supported in some way by Eagle Tree? THere are a number of questions posted recently by customers which really need the help of ET staff, mine included which is a few weeks old. I have pm'd the guy who "used" to come on a few times, no response.

Whilst the "ticket" thing from customer support is there, its just too slow, I asked a number of questions, and only get part answers, then have to wait another 4 days for another response, excluding weekends, and time keeps moving on!

Come on ET, your gear is real good, how about a regualr look in here to help your existing customers?, Thanks
pmdevlin is offline Find More Posts by pmdevlin
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:52 AM
Joined Mar 2011
9 Posts
I would say to have some patience as I am happy that they give support at all. Look at some of the other FPV vendors. The other vendor that I was thinking of buying only sells through its dealers and states that they are the first line of support. The USA dealers have stated that this is a part-time operation for them AKA very low support. On the other hand Eagle Tree has this support forum as well as their ticketing system.

Thanks Eagle Tree!
garand is offline Find More Posts by garand
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:20 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
pmdevlin, I post here every day or two. We do ask customers to post questions here, or via our ticket system, but I generally don't duplicate answers here if I know our staff is working on the same issue via the ticket system.

This is the busiest time of the year for us, but you should not need to wait 4 biz days for a ticket response. The wait is normally 1-2 days. The person who does most of the ticket support was on vacation Thursday and Friday of last week, so that may account for the delay.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:19 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
Using the forum tools, I was easily able to determine "billpa", who answers most of the time for Eagle Tree, has posted 50 (fifty) responses this month. Thats around 3 a day if you give the guy time off on the weekend. You have started one thread in the Eagle Tree area of the forum, on interfacing to Google earth, and have gotten very good community response. I found one of the tutiorals posted there very useful. I'd say Eagle Tree support has been working just fine, as has community support.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:01 PM
Wirral, UK
Joined Jan 2007
315 Posts
sorry for delay, I had kinda given up, dhares, sorry but I dont agree, Yes I got a couple of fabulous responses on this forum, and was very greatful, I didnt really get the answers from eagle tree, and I do sympathise with Billpa if he is the only ET staff that come on here, I do accept its not compulsary for him to do this, the thing is it cost me a lot of money, and I just could not work out the google earth thing, and still cant. I actually pm'd billpa twice, and didnt get a response, lijke I said, I know its not compulsary for him to do this, at the moment nearly 100 worth if kit just isnt doing the job for me, and I know its probably user error (although ET cannot explain why a boat on a lake is in bushes then in the air!), I hope you can understand my impatience and annoyance!
pmdevlin is offline Find More Posts by pmdevlin
Old Apr 03, 2011, 08:52 PM
First to go over 106K feet
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Mar 2008
2,486 Posts
I think Bill has been at the Toledo R/C show this week. Between getting ready, travelling, and the show, I'm sure he's been real busy lately. He'll come on here when he gets the chance and answer a lot of your questions.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Apr 04, 2011, 01:10 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Paul, I just checked in the ticket system and it appears that we answered the last question you posted in your ticket? In the last response, we graphed your data in Google Earth and the data show a normal looking run on a lake. If a question has been missed somehow, can you post it here, and I will certainly answer it.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor