HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2011, 05:46 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,937 Posts
What a stunning field. I used to live close to a club, where most of the members concentrated on gliders. Germany is a beautiful country, I'm hoping to visit in a couple years time during our Winter (your Summer). I can barely wait...
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:06 AM
Chiba, Japan
Joined Jan 2002
1,044 Posts
I finally got one and flying. It is surprisingly good 3D flyer, better than 20e, best among Hyperion kits I flew. Regarding the CG, manual specified location is aft most position I think. I build battery mount between wing joint and original battery mount to achieve that (I use Hyperion 35c 3300mAh 4S batt), but I prefer to fly it with the pack located at the aft most position of the original battery mount. The aft most position does make torque rolling and high alpha easier but landing requires a little attention.

It does normal and inverted harrier very stable. Flat spin (either normal or inverted) is easy and it sinks slow.

My friend took short video of me flying it. It is a bit windy that time but you can see the feeling of it. I use APC 13x6.5e prop, max input power is 600-650W or so.

Hyperion Extra35e (1 min 23 sec)

Thanks.

Satoru
ssatoru is offline Find More Posts by ssatoru
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:10 AM
United States, GA, Valdosta
Joined Jan 2009
592 Posts
Great video Satoru...do you love this plane as much as me? Every time I fly it I like it more! I thinking about ordering a spare just in case I get too comfortable too low!

Running her on Zippy 4S 2650 40c packs now and moved the battery forward so that the rear of the battery is touching the wing tube...flys very well there and getting 9 minutes of flight time without lots of heavy 3D.
daedalusrobert is offline Find More Posts by daedalusrobert
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:11 AM
Manila, Philippines and Burlingame, CA
Joined Jul 2007
241 Posts
What auw are you guys getting?

Ive been using the ZS3025-10 motor w/ 4s 2200mah 35c hype packs on 14x7E prop. Getting about 800 watts 60amps for my hype yak54 40e with auw of 4.4lbs. Ballistic flights
Gopedasia is offline Find More Posts by Gopedasia
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:23 AM
Joined Jan 2009
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalusrobert View Post
Weight
The published flying weight range is 1300g to 1600g My AUW is 1636g/3.6 lbs. I don't see how the 1300g weight is even remotely possible! Here is a list of added weight due to my equipment:

IceLite 75A instead of Atlas 60A = +3g
Metal geared servos = +4g
2650 FlightMax (313 actual) instead of Hyperion 2600 VX (273 published) = +40g

Total = 47g/1.7 oz heavier than recommended set-up.
Here is the weight I'm flying now...I've flown with 4S FM 2200 30C and got (2) four minute flights out of the packs. I had to put my packs right against the wing tube. IMAC type stuff - not the hard 3D.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 06:51 PM
Joined Jan 2009
592 Posts
Messing around with the CG these past few weeks...and have moved the FM 4S 2650 about 1.5" forward of the wing tube. Seems to like it and as expected flies a little more precise here too. Absolutely the most beautiful plane around...IMO!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Robert
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:25 AM
Joined Jul 2007
241 Posts
Merry xmas guys.

Just got mine in yesterday. 1st flight went well simple aerobatics, hovers and rolling circles.

2nd flight i had a friend fly it more aggresively walls ke spins etc, the prop adaptor suddenly flew off complete w prop and spinner. Grabbed the tx from my buddy, gained speed on the way down and was gonna overshoot the runway so put the noseup to plop down on some tall grass. No damage no nothing. Some1 found the spinner adaptor all complete and strapped it back on tight this time and flew again

Heres my friend catching the prop flyin off
Jambee3D.wmv (3 min 48 sec)

3rd flight went awesome. Loving this plane.
Last edited by Gopedasia; Dec 25, 2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Add
Old Dec 25, 2011, 07:15 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5 Posts
Hi goped

Thanks for letting try your extra! Im gonna get one soon!
knife_edge is offline Find More Posts by knife_edge
Old Dec 25, 2011, 01:31 PM
Joined Jan 2009
592 Posts
Nice save!!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:59 PM
Joined Jul 2007
241 Posts
Freakin prop adaptor came off again yesterday, while i was hovering. Good thing i was maybe 20 feet up. Managed to get it down again in 1 pce. Aside from the cowl getting scratched up from the prop probably hitting it, no damage

Ended up just tossing out the hyperion prop adaptor and going with a prop adaptor with grub nut at the base. Never had problems with all my other stuff except this 1. Hopefully the fix works. Hucked it for 2 more flights and stuck on there for good
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined May 2007
3 Posts
Just ordered this as my first E plane. Can't wait to get it in the air.

Just curious. Do I need a regular (nitro) spinner or an e-spinner?? What is the difference??
onthedeck is offline Find More Posts by onthedeck
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:08 AM
Joined Jan 2009
592 Posts
I can't remember if the spinner came with it or not...but here is one that will work

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-62...er-52mm/Detail
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalusrobert View Post
I can't remember if the spinner came with it or not...but here is one that will work

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-62...er-52mm/Detail
Cool...thx!
AZAMG is offline Find More Posts by AZAMG
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:35 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2007
266 Posts
I just ordered this plane. Not that much information to be found about it online but it was just too good looking to pass up. Plus I found a great deal on it.

Dont think Ill be building it just yet but Ive been wanting a nice balsa aerobatic plane for a while. Its kind of a step up in size for me as I mostly fly 40" EPP. But I do have a couple of 2,65Ah 4cells already so all I need is some servos and an ESC and Im good to go.

Hope you guys still like your Extras. I had a small Yak 55 from Hyperion a few years ago but after a crash its been sitting crumbled up waiting for repairs which Ive never gotten to. I felt like the Yak was a good quality plane so I trust the Extra 330SC is aswell and it seems like you guys here like it.
Freddan is offline Find More Posts by Freddan
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Jan 2009
592 Posts
Love mine! Absolute beauty and the motor choice for this bird is spot on! Going to buy another as a back up...so...where'd you find the "deal?"