HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:08 AM
Bushy
Australia, NSW, Temora
Joined Sep 2008
208 Posts
I don't have the red mono any more, it went like a dog as you could see!

"Tom's 36"er" What is that Ron?
Tech Head is offline Find More Posts by Tech Head
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:05 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,885 Posts
Yeah, I didn't want to insult you but immediately saw a few things that could've used some fixing.
The "36"er" was referring to Tom's 36" hull. It's in that "tweener" category, a little large for a .21 and a hair small for a .45. Man, drop a Nova Rossi .28 in here and she'd really haul the mail! Sometimes a large .21 is what some places need that are known for rough water. Tossing a .45 in would be cool for calmer water sites.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Jul 25, 2011, 04:21 PM
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
205 Posts
thats a .45 pictured in that 36" sport vee, like i said, dave colbertson has been kicking impba but with his for years, cant win if you cant finish, if i was to build one it would have a .45 inboard, or a .21 outboard. either way it would be just what we call it, a great sport boat, (big fun)
Expresscraft is offline Find More Posts by Expresscraft
Old Jul 25, 2011, 09:18 PM
Bushy
Australia, NSW, Temora
Joined Sep 2008
208 Posts
Ah, I get it now! Tom=Expresscraft

The red boat was mine since new, I had a .21 in it and it went really well. Then I sold it on after about 20 years of running. The picture shows what the new owner did to it. I don't think he knew what he was doing.

I guess I'll go the 36"er. Thanks for your help Ron, I remember reading about you in RC magazines about the 1970's, you were my RC Boat god!

Cheers, Brett.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 09:31 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,885 Posts
Not me! I was offered a job as a contributing writer by Matt but turned it down. I talked to Jerry Dunlap and Rick Eyrich before making my decision on that. The only time my name was on the magazine was the address label.
I'm only an RC boat Rock Star! I put that in under my name as a joke with another member in here. Don't anyone take it seriously. I am a member on a lot of forum sites so you could have seen me on one of them besides here. I'm learning just like everyone else is.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 09:37 PM
Bushy
Australia, NSW, Temora
Joined Sep 2008
208 Posts
I remember reading RC boat race results about you and Jerry, I think it was in RC Boat magazine. Am I right?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:06 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,885 Posts
Nope, never wrote for them or raced against Jerry. I might meet Jerry in September though.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:31 PM
Bushy
Australia, NSW, Temora
Joined Sep 2008
208 Posts
Well bugger me! I know I have read about you in a boat magazine somewhere. I know you didn't write for them but I have read about you in a magazine.

Not to worry, My memory isn't what it used to be but I didn't think it was that bad!

Perhaps it was in the boat racing news of a magazine. Anywho! Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:35 AM
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
205 Posts
60"supercat

the electo cute is getting fitted with 2 /14hp electric motors, we are making one now to get a RCMKs520 inline twin, this boat handles rough water great and will run well 40-50 mph on a single zenoha. at 350.00 bucks (plain white hull)its a great value for a 60" cat
Expresscraft is offline Find More Posts by Expresscraft
Old Aug 01, 2011, 11:48 AM
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Sep 2008
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Head View Post
Is there a 36" size for this hull or do I have to go with the Sport V for that size.

I have an O.P.S .45 with pipe and running hardware I picked up for a song, now I need a hull to put it in. Do you have any other hulls for a .45 nitro?

Cheers, Brett.

BTW here are 2 of my old boats.
Great looking boats, Brett! I love the sailboat, and if you weren't in Oz(are you?), I'd offer to buy it! You should post it onthe sailboat thread here to find out what it is. Looks like a 12 meter????
1967250s is offline Find More Posts by 1967250s
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:51 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,885 Posts
Hey Alex, do you have some pull around here as I see that this thread is now a stickie!
I'll try to have some more pix and videos up this weekend as we're hitting the lake again. I've got a ton of dialing in to do, one new boat FINALLY getting wet and has to be race ready in a month.
Keep in mind that I'll be out of town for 5 days the last week of September and the only internet that I'll have is my lousy cell phone. It will access this site but not that easy to use.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:15 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Yup!

And about the cell phone...I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! They should be able to make the internet browser better. Plus it's so slow!!

You seem like a Blackberry guy. Am I wrong?

Alex
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:23 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,885 Posts
No, I've got a Boost Mobile Sanyo Incognito but it's just a hassle to get in here and sign in. My wife has a Blackberry phone but doesn't have much of a clue of what to do with the features. Boost recently came out with an iPhone-like cell with an Android that I've been looking at. If I can stop blowing all of my extra money on boat goodies I'm going to get one.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:57 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
No! Get more toys!!!! There's no such thing as too many!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:05 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,885 Posts
I'm thinking about selling some of the toy boats. A couple I built over a year ago and still haven't seen water yet and some others are starving for daylight. I'm at the point as to keep both nitro and gas or just completely move to gas boats. It's not an easy decision as I love them both.
As far as the phones go, I use mine a lot at work during my downtime to check my e-mails and Facebook.