HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:52 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
i wish i had pics of my boat. but here is a vid that is the exact same boat as mine.

Just Add Water (0 min 21 sec)

I wish i didnt have to get rid of it. but got a sweet traxxas t-maxx for it.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:46 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,649 Posts
Sweet!!!!!! Wish I had a Hydro!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:07 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,916 Posts
I'm picking up this one later today. I had to tell my wife about this one as seeing how I'm driving to get it and can't just sneak this one into the house. It's an AC Model Boats Blast Cat. The Falcon 41 is going to be sold to a local boating bud so I'll still see it.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Apr 30, 2011, 09:42 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,649 Posts
Wow sweet!!! Nobodys posted here for a while!!! Thats one sweet boat! Nitro, gas, or electric?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:54 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,916 Posts
Another gas burner. My other Cat's aren't that great in rough water and the 2 big races I'm hitting this year are known for not the best water conditions as the Gas Nat's in Celina, Ohio is the worst because of waves bounding off the rip-rap on the backside of the pond. The hardware wasn't going to be included but Kevin may sell me the parts in the picture.
I gotta get my rear in gear and head up to Lansing soon. It's one of those no energy days and the stoopid dog woke me up early this morning. He's used to my wife being up early but she slept in too. It's almost the crack of Noon and the kids are still snoozin'.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:11 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,649 Posts
Yup!
Old Apr 30, 2011, 07:48 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,649 Posts
Don't forget to rate the thread!
Old Apr 30, 2011, 07:56 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,916 Posts
I got home a little over an hour ago with my new baby. The guy also had some hardware that I needed plus he had a box full of those Fly Sky GT3-B radio systems so I grabbed one of those too to try out in a boat but don't know which one yet.

I never tried to rate a thread in here that I know of.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:09 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,649 Posts
Wow! Whats his/her name?
Old May 04, 2011, 08:45 AM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
1,009 Posts
This is my boat but, I am not sure what the hull is or who manufactured it? I am new to r/c boating as I am a r/c aviator for the last 26 years. The boat was new when I obtained it from a friend by trading for a Saito 1.20 nitro airplane engine to get it! Not a bad deal from what I have seen after looking for the make. The engine is a Zenoah 26cc built by Bonzi, the hull looks like it could be a Bonzi however none of their boats in there current web page match this one. The hull is 56" and about 63" from nose to the back of the prop.

I took it to a nearby lake yesterday and ran it very responsibly since it is in the break in phase. It sounds awesome and looks good in the water. I have a friend who will be giving it a unique paint job by airbrushing it soon. The last boat I had was when I was a 12 year old kid so I will be scouring the boat section looking for tips and tricks to make it last for a long time. I am familiar with air cooled Zenoah engines because I have had several in my airplanes over the years. The liquid cooled thing is new to me so I need to find some info on keeping her cool so I do not end up "dead in the water"~ So here is my boat!

This boat is gonna look good docked next to my 1/4 scale Piper J-3 Cub which is sitting on a set of Hangar9 48" floats!
flyinjrc74 is offline Find More Posts by flyinjrc74
Old May 04, 2011, 09:09 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,916 Posts
What you may have there is a Rich Ballantine boat. He made big ones and that is a very good example of one. The strut is what gave me a clue as Rich etched the struts and rudders as an option. The transom hardware alone are very collectable pieces right now! The hull may be a Manta.

I see that you're in SW lower Michigan, anywhere near me?
Old May 04, 2011, 09:27 AM
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Olson View Post
What you may have there is a Rich Ballantine boat. He made big ones and that is a very good example of one. The strut is what gave me a clue as Rich etched the struts and rudders as an option. The transom hardware alone are very collectable pieces right now! The hull may be a Manta.

I see that you're in SW lower Michigan, anywhere near me?
It is funny you ask because I saw your post in this section and was going to shoot you a PM. I am Niles, MI to your Southwest about 50 minutes drive time. Thanks for the info. Have you had experience with the marine Zenoahs and any other info would be helpful. Feel free to PM me and thanks for the info Ron!
Old May 04, 2011, 09:33 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,916 Posts
Ah, the home town of Tommy James and the Shondells! I've only been there once in my much younger days doing service work at the Clark Equipment foundry, the dirtiest job that I've ever done.
Old May 04, 2011, 09:46 AM
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Olson View Post
Ah, the home town of Tommy James and the Shondells! I've only been there once in my much younger days doing service work at the Clark Equipment foundry, the dirtiest job that I've ever done.
That would be the place! My grandfather worked for Clark until they closed it. Went from making good money to making early eighties minimum wage which was not much overnight. Don't forget our famous train station!

What engines are in those Mean Green Machines???
Old May 04, 2011, 10:12 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,916 Posts
If you're typing to me and my gas boats, I run RCMK's.