HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:57 PM
.... But you can call me Dave
Medford, OR
Joined Nov 2010
268 Posts
Is that a Dagger Stiletto canard? It looks just like mine except for the cowl. A later version perhaps.
DepthsofHell is offline Find More Posts by DepthsofHell
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Jul 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepthsofHell View Post
Is that a Dagger Stiletto canard? It looks just like mine except for the cowl. A later version perhaps.
Yes it is, ..The cowling house's a 24 ounce fuel tank...it's made of fiberglass and the inside side of the hull has been sealed to prevent stress to the wings and water from entering inside the wings as well.The water outlets are located next to the motor side,so that I can see the spray coming out.This is a great hull,you need to set the CG at 1" from the front point of the sponson wing,than give the strut a little forward of 2 degrees,so the nose will just ride on the front sponson.It's fast,but not as fast as the outriggers and it will handle the chops very nicely.I can run the Dagger Stiletto alot tighter than the outriggers and more smoother in the turns and beat the riggers. That hull has given me lots of wins and what matters is:
( consistency) is the word of winning.
XRated is offline Find More Posts by XRated
Last edited by XRated; Feb 29, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:46 PM
.... But you can call me Dave
Medford, OR
Joined Nov 2010
268 Posts
Good deal, thanx for all the info! My cat will eventually end up with a 26cc of some sort. So the P90 will go back in the canard and the info you provided will definately help. The previous owner did some work to the canard, so the hull needs some overhauling. Out of curiosity, does your engine mount bolt up through the bottom? Mine does and has no anti-vibration???? When I took it out I had my strut set at zero degrees and the roost was really low and it was haulin . It kept wanting to die upon launch though and I never really figured out why. I had no experience with canards or large nitro engines at the time. I was running a 67x114 prop as it was the only 1/4 prop I had. What prop(s) do you run on it? I understand if you don't want to say as it is usually the best kept secret at the pond. Thanx again!
DepthsofHell is offline Find More Posts by DepthsofHell
Last edited by DepthsofHell; Feb 29, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Jul 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepthsofHell View Post
Good deal, thanx for all the info! My cat will eventually end up with a 26cc of some sort. So the P90 will go back in the canard and the info you provided will definately help. The previous owner did some work to the canard, so the hull needs some overhauling. Out of curiosity, does your engine mount bolt up through the bottom? Mine does and has no anti-vibration???? When I took it out I had my strut set at zero degrees and the roost was really low and it was haulin . It kept wanting to die upon launch though and I never really figured out why. I had no experience with canards or large nitro engines at the time. I was running a 67x114 prop as it was the only 1/4 prop I had. What prop(s) do you run on it? I understand if you don't want to say as it is usually the best kept secret at the pond. Thanx again!
Yes,my engine mount bolt up like yours and with anti-vibration pads with 2 mounting plates,one for the Picco .80 and P.90 and one for the CMB .90,but the CG stays the same.

Why the Canards needs a little degree's is to keep the front sponson wet during rough waters and really choppy days 3" to 6".......on flat water keep it 0 degrees,but heat races,add some degrees.......

Anything above that the Popeyes (Cat) comes out for the whole day,depends on the weather,I do have the Outrigger with the CMB .90's or Picco .90's for a no wind and flat water racing .........

The Canard is good for the rough days and the Cat for rough days,or when theres is some big Heats like 6 -8 boats per heat and the water really chuns up alot,so the Canard wil go against the outriggers...I must pick and make a good choice during the race day on what hull to use ........

The props I use are the X62,X465,1462,1465,ABC 2316 and 62-100 and the Prathers in the 255,260 with a Texas cut.......X465 w/ Arrowna cut......Np on a little secrets,there's more to hull setup and tuning for each day.......I use atleast 5 hydrometers for checking nitro contents.....water conditions........water temperatures
head shims.......prop sizes.........barometer.........note pads......and what motors to pick,due to hard or brackish water...........lots of flushing of the motors with a portable water pump and flush them with water stabilizers to keep the aluminum cooling jackets from corrosion.............etc.........each race area's is different and a log helps tune them faster,if your into top performance and want to win..........

The 67-114 is too big a prop.....can be done,but alot of factures and tuning and custom shaping of that particular prop and hull adjustments,set the canard strut about 1/8 " higher than normal from the rear sponsons,need a 3rd channel will help on that setup.......
Last edited by XRated; Mar 01, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:16 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
I just got home a little while ago with this beast, a Warlock 'rigger. Trying to decide what to power it with as I was offered a QD HT for it also but didn't bring the cash for that.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Jul 2011
33 Posts
Nice looking rigger Ron.................
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:23 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,675 Posts
Yeah sweet!!! Overpower it so it goes insanely fast
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:18 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
Thanks, that cell phone pic doesn't do it justice so I'll have better ones later. Whoever did the woodwork did a really nice job so it's only going to get minimal paint.
Next Saturday I'm hitting a swap meet in Fort Wayne, IN and am hoping to unload a lot of boats that I don't run anymore so maybe I'll get enough cash to buy that QuickDraw. That'll make that puppy scoot!
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,675 Posts
What size engine does it need??
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:40 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
Anything from 23-36cc's or whatever you can shoe-horn into it. A copy of this hull set a record years ago so it does have a pedigree. That doesn't mean that it will be fast in my hands though but I'll give it a good shot!
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:51 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,675 Posts
Haha yeah keep it light but powerful!!!!
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:58 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
That's one thing that I was looking for, light weight. My JAE gas 'rigger runs OK and handles decently but the thing is a barge weight-wise plus it takes up a lot of room in the trailer. I'm guessing bare weight between the two has to be at least 3 pounds.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:25 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,675 Posts
Wow really?
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:22 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
The JAE ran great in rough water conditions, a lot worse than I thought that it would take.
Yeah, I just came upstairs from gutting the JAE and there is a huge difference in weight.
If things don't sell in Fort Wayne you may see them listed here next week, a few gas boats and a lot of nitro (.12 and .21) boats also.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:40 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,675 Posts
Cool!!!!!!
Going all gas?