SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:50 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,321 Posts
Mine is a 1:8 scale 1982 Miss Pay N Pak. All glass, gas with a CMB 67HR Green Head. Show-quality through and through, has only seen the water once. Currently loaned to and on display at the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum in Kent, WA.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:56 PM
Joined Mar 2009
27 Posts
My Rampage

Rampage with CC pro mod, Beast pipe, fun boat to drive. A pure heat racing boat.
cb4004 is offline Find More Posts by cb4004
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:29 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,911 Posts
I love my Rampage also, it ran great from the first time in the water. All it needed was a trim tab adjustment.
If you're on Facebook, there is a site devoted to Rampage Boat owners.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:15 AM
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
260 Posts
expresscraft 70" apache

this is our 70" apache, we are starting to get orders for hulls that will be made with electric power, big boats on batteries, pretty cool...
Expresscraft is offline Find More Posts by Expresscraft
Old Oct 30, 2011, 07:25 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,635 Posts
I havent gotten any updates on this thread! And I was starting to wonder... What the Heck??? It turns out it hit the "Unsuscribe button on my ipod touch by acciedent a long time ago. well now Im subscribed! Ill have to read up and see what I missed!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 30, 2011, 07:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Greg at Graphics Unlimited in Martinez, CA painted this hull. I left the hull with him to paint as a side-job. I would check on it every few months but Greg is usually busy painting full size offshore race boats and this "side job" was not high on his priority list. After a year or so, I got into racing fast-electric boats and I kinda forgot about this big hull. Long-story-short; After three years, I had to move my home out of the area so I went to Greg to ask for the hull back. It was finally complete and to make up for taking so long to complete it, he gave me this awesome paint job free of charge. I picked it up in 2001 and since I was moving my home, the hull sat high on a shelf in my garage and the motor and rigging was in boxes until last week. This boat has not been assembled and rigged for 15 years so it's time to show it off.
I love the IO!! Does it have reverse? It looked like it in the videos...
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:42 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I havent gotten any updates on this thread! And I was starting to wonder... What the Heck??? It turns out it hit the "Unsuscribe button on my ipod touch by acciedent a long time ago. well now Im subscribed! Ill have to read up and see what I missed!
Come on boy, it's your thread, pay attention!
What's up? You really haven't been doing any posting in a while. Winter's coming so there should be more projects that people will be showing off. I've got one hull stashed away right now and plenty of hardware to put on it and have got the others that are in need of some tweaking, new props and pipes mostly.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:02 AM
South Africa, GP, Centurion
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
need advice

Hey Guys
Im busy building a 72" deep V and neer advice motor size and if i can run twin engines? Im a newbie at this but i know abit about full size boats. Would also like to know what you guys think of running twin outboards and what size? Doing it just for fun,not to race. Thanks Coan
coan87 is offline Find More Posts by coan87
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:37 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,911 Posts
Sure! Your best bet for a twin is an RCMK 520. It's an inline so you don't have to double up on the hardware.
As far as running OB's on it, if you're talking gas, the price tag on one alone is high not to mention 2 of them! It's not just the motors but the really expensive servo's needed to turn those monsters. Twin K&B's just won't do the job.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:57 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Olson View Post
Come on boy, it's your thread, pay attention!
What's up? You really haven't been doing any posting in a while. Winter's coming so there should be more projects that people will be showing off. I've got one hull stashed away right now and plenty of hardware to put on it and have got the others that are in need of some tweaking, new props and pipes mostly.
I have acquired (I hope i spelled that right) a plane from a really nice guy. I hve been mostly posting in the planes section, as you can see my post count nearly doubled! Fall has been so busy, with school starting and all. I havent had any timw for the boats!!! The planre is easy because i can just quick walk to the park to fly, whereas i need someone to drive me to the nearest pond! Im hoping to get out this weekend!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:54 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,911 Posts
"Acquired" you spelled correctly but I don't know what "timw" and a "planre" is.
Remedial grammar will keep your summer busy!

You ought to see my spelling mistakes before I hit the "Reply" button! Some still manage to sneak through. Four in the last sentence alone.......
Last edited by Ron Olson; Oct 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling mistakes
Old Nov 01, 2011, 01:06 AM
South Africa, GP, Centurion
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Thanks for the info Ron...Thought the K&B are abit expensive especially since i have to import them to South Africa.....will go and check out the RCMK 520. Thanks
coan87 is offline Find More Posts by coan87
Old Nov 01, 2011, 03:59 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,635 Posts
Haha! My ipod's buttons are so small an me being 5'9" my fingers are very fat! And im only in seventh grade! Btw do they make 4ch boats with pitch trim and fancy things like that? If not, id be interested in making one!
Old Nov 01, 2011, 10:20 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,911 Posts
Alex, it can be done. You can use a 4-channel radio preferably on 2.4 Gig to do it with, either a stick or pistol-grip TX.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 07:12 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,635 Posts
Have you ever seen one running? What does it look like?
Last edited by Alex Schauer; Nov 05, 2011 at 09:43 AM.