SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2001, 02:30 PM
Stafford, UK
Joined Jun 2001
11 Posts
yeah cool wasnt it i liked the hawks and tucanos they were speed 400 and they were amazingly fast also a hornet was good pitty not one of the two A-10s went up tho
at one stage it was only twin jets, they are loud for electric. Also a multiplex cargo did a sweet roll ! there amazing
cya @ cosford
Dick Corp
Riko is offline Find More Posts by Riko
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2001, 02:58 PM
Cheshire, England
Joined Mar 2001
504 Posts
Hi Ya All

Yep, I'm 'glowing' from all the sun-burn over here.

What a fantastic day, lost count of the number of flights I got in. Pity about the state of the field, I can never remember it being that bad in the past!

Just started the repairs on the BO105, but apart from that I'm completely knackered - hard work all the enjoying yourself...

Roll on next year

Richard.
Dangerous Dick is offline Find More Posts by Dangerous Dick
Old Jun 24, 2001, 04:56 PM
REGISTERED LUNATIC!
Carlisle, Cumbria UK
Joined Jun 2001
390 Posts

Hi everyone,
Yes, I'm busy rubbing in the old AFTERSUN, it was a scorching day and there were some superb models there.
Thanks, RIKO, for your kind words, the Hawks and Tucanos went really well, and I sold a few kits to those who asked for them.
Perhaps the flying skills of Andy Johnson, probably one of the best model display pilots on the scene, were responsible for this, but they do go very well for such cheap and simple 400 ships.
It was Andy who was throwing the CARGO around too, bit of a nutter he is!
I hope all E-zoners enjoyed the day, I had a good chat to LECCYFLYER, and I think his mate Pete Wilson had that superb Hornet that won the scale trophy. Very well deserved, too.
I'll be at YORK RACECOURSE next Sunday with the Hawk & Tucano, please look me up if you're an E-zoner!
Best wishes,
NIGEL HAWES.
FLY ELECTRIC is offline Find More Posts by FLY ELECTRIC
Old Jun 24, 2001, 05:13 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,509 Posts
See? People there I missed!

Besides the habitual reprobates, Kev Mullarky & Brian (leccyflyer)Cullen, I had the pleasure of meeting Kyri and Moogee - good guys both!

Managed to fly the little yellow Aeronca, Bubbles and my Zagi Cobalt without embarrassing myself unduly. In fact, I even got a few compliments..

A superb day, besides being the quietest model show I've ever been to, there must have been well over a hundred flyers present; I arrived within an hour of the start and was already flyer No 72.

My sincere thanks go to the organisers.

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Jun 24, 2001, 05:17 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,675 Posts
Yup- what a great day.

I met a couple of ezoners that I had met before (Moogee and Tim Hooper) and FLY ELECTRIC aka Nigel Hawes, but I think this was the biggest Chester attendance of any of those I'd been to and the number of attendees was pretty overwhelming. We spoke to several ezone lurkers but nobody was sharing names very much- I'm afraid we're all far too shy and "British" to adopt Greg's excellent idea of wearing name badges-mine is still on the desk here where I left it this morning.

I thought I'd had a sighting of Dangerous Dick or at least a chap in a Tyldsley MFC shirt but the next minute he was gone - flying by the sound of it, Richard. I believe I did see your Graupner Terry fly very nicely Kyri (Tim pointed it out) and if that was your silver T-33 that performed so well I was mightly impressed.

It was HOT- probably the hottest day of the year so far and I for one have never seen so many electric models in one place before- everyone seemed to have at least half a dozen in their cars. I'm sure we'd all like to thank the Chester Club for making an excellent job of running the event.

There were many highlights in the flying- that silver T-33 caught my eye, as did Chris Martinale's conversion of the Midget Mustang. My clubmate Peter Wilson's De Havilland Sea Hornet was as brilliantly shown as ever and collected another first prize for scale. There was also a blisteringly fast little lozenge shaped flying wing that ate up a lot of sky, but I never saw the pilot.

The little Speed 400 RCM&E Hawk and Tucano did both fly very well didn't they- apparently the flat plate wing is impossible to stall- that's right isn't it Nigel? I think there will be quite a few of them hitting the building boards tomorrow evening.

Kev flew his Sig Rascal for the first time, after burning the midnight oil (well the 5am oil anyway ) for the past few nights and that generated a lot of interest- these are as rare as hen's teeth in these part's and as usual Kev has done a lovely job of the model. I heard the "Is that an ARTF?" comment quite a few times.

Here's a photo of four Rascals at the meeting
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/leccyflyer...page/club.html

Tim Hooper and myself both flew our Zagis equipped with the Irvine Cobalt 4014 motors picked up at Telford last week (same deal as the Pro-Maxx4014 as discussed previously). Of course Tim's sub- 7 ounce Zagi was much quicker than my 7 pound brick - but it was fun. Morgan couldn't fly his Mugis due to some tricky radio problem and so I flew my Spped 400 version instead. That should help any ezoners on the flightline to place leccy as the shaking-kneed wreck with the see- through Corex model.

I had intended taking piles of pictures and writing up a long ezoner's report on the meeting but it was so HOT and you couldn't move for magazine collumnists anyway that I thought everyone could read about it in EFI, RCM&E, RCMW and Model Flyer instead.

Great day, lots of superb models, lots of good flying, interesting discussions and cameraderie, plus at least a couple of bizarre incidents (that wasn't any of you chap's helicopter that caught fire was it??"

cheers

Leccy

[This message has been edited by leccyflyer (edited 06-24-2001).]
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 25, 2001, 01:40 AM
England
Joined May 2000
1,486 Posts
Ezoners at Chester Fly-in (UK)

I have just go back from the Chester Fly-in, we've had good weather for it.

I took my chrome T-33, T-bird F-16, a sp400 pylon racer and a modified Terry, I didn't think I'd get to fly them all but I did - all day!
Whilst I wasn't flying, I noticed a plane called 'Bubbles' so I knew that the owner must be Tim Hooper.
Then I met a guy flying an F-16 on tailerons only, turned out to be 'Dangerous Dick'.
Another guy EMAN was there with an ECO8 and his own design E-plus (EFI plan).
All really decent guys, and I'm sure there were more ezoners there but it would have been hard to find out without asking everyone!
The flight line officials and the frequency controllers in the transmitter tent were all helpful and diplomatic, all in all it was a great day I really enjoyed it.

There were various people that were asking about electric flight related things so I advised them to look at this site if they can, and hopefully a few of them will get on the discussion forums, it hepled me so tremendously that I had to let them know about the Ezone!

[This message has been edited by Kyri (edited 06-24-2001).]
Kyri is online now Find More Posts by Kyri
Old Jun 25, 2001, 07:16 AM
Mugi Pilot
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined May 2000
521 Posts
Ditto to the above, had a really great day. Loved the Tuc - very nippy and best of all very quiet!
This was my first time to see electric planes on the go, aside from my own. I was stunned by the noise some of them put out 8-|
Great seeing Brian, Tim and kev. Saw you fly Kyri but didn't talk to you. I spent most of my time talking to folk about the couple of correx beasties I'd taken along - should be able to fly one next time - possibly even at York this week.

See you there!

Morgan "Moogee" (Mugi)
Moogee is offline Find More Posts by Moogee
Old Jun 25, 2001, 10:40 AM
Cumbria, UK
Joined Apr 2001
12 Posts
Yep - I'd agree. Excellent day, learnt loads and saw for the first time a lot of planes discussed on ezone. Even purchased a Hawk from Nigel in kit form.
snipe is offline Find More Posts by snipe
Old Jun 25, 2001, 11:05 AM
REGISTERED LUNATIC!
Carlisle, Cumbria UK
Joined Jun 2001
390 Posts
How about we get the York commentator to announce the E-zone at some stage so all E-zoners can have an unofficial get-together and see the faces behind the posts?

>>Snipe<< Let's know how it goes mate!

NIGEL HAWES.
Old Jun 25, 2001, 02:02 PM
Cheshire, England
Joined Mar 2001
504 Posts
I had no socks on either, but I'm glad I kept that T-shirt on otherwise I would've ended up in hospital!!!!

Certainly was the busiest I've seen Chester - nice to see so much enthusiasm in Electric flight - not just those powered gliders (although they do have their place).

Unfortunately not going to make York this weekend, going to the 3DMasters at Wellinborough instead, but I hope it gets as much support as Chester.

No, fortunately that wasn't my ECO with the smoke effect, mine was all safely wrapped up in the BO-105 body kit (until the fron tsection came loose and caused an untimely forced landing!! All OK now though ).

What's next after York on the electric front??

Richard.
Dangerous Dick is offline Find More Posts by Dangerous Dick
Old Jun 26, 2001, 12:29 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,337 Posts
It sounds like you all had a great time, I wish I had been there. When will the next E-fly be and where?
GregG is online now Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jun 26, 2001, 01:41 AM
Stafford, UK
Joined Jun 2001
11 Posts
i was the one in a white t-shirt that had a car on it saying "comma" in blue. also i had no socks on =] remeber me i am only 17
Riko is offline Find More Posts by Riko
Old Jun 26, 2001, 02:01 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,675 Posts
Details from EFI of forthcoming electric fly-in type events (not the big shows).

Next electric fly-in is July 1st at York Racecourse, which promises to be great fun (but I won't be there). Further details by email from Eric Leadley -eric@edlplans.freeserve.co.uk

7th July is the next indoor meeting at Queensferry, North Wales, 12:00 -16:00, models must be less than 350g, no 400 motors allowed. Tel Ian Dale 01625 874448

7th July is also the Aberdeen Aeromodellers fly-in. Jim Selkirk on 01234 827162.

15th July - Raydon airfield electric fly-in, near Ipswich. Gary 01473 729279.

28th July LCAA Electric fly, London. www.rc1.com

29th July Esex Fun Fly. www.harwichdovercourt.freeserve.co.uk

5th August BEFA Leamington fun fly. Bob Smith 01642 823197.

18-19 August Greenacres Electric Fun Fly, Walsall. Call Sid on 01922 448873 (I'll definitely be going to this one)

There is also an events list on the BEFA website http://members.netscapeonline.co.uk/...ric-events.htm

Cheers

Brian

Old Jun 28, 2001, 04:19 AM
REGISTERED LUNATIC!
Carlisle, Cumbria UK
Joined Jun 2001
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leccyflyer:
Details from EFI of forthcoming electric fly-in type events (not the big shows).

Next electric fly-in is July 1st at York Racecourse, which promises to be great fun (but I won't be there). Further details by email from Eric Leadley -eric@edlplans.freeserve.co.uk

7th July is the next indoor meeting at Queensferry, North Wales, 12:00 -16:00, models must be less than 350g, no 400 motors allowed. Tel Ian Dale 01625 874448

7th July is also the Aberdeen Aeromodellers fly-in. Jim Selkirk on 01234 827162.

15th July - Raydon airfield electric fly-in, near Ipswich. Gary 01473 729279.

28th July LCAA Electric fly, London. www.rc1.com

29th July Esex Fun Fly. www.harwichdovercourt.freeserve.co.uk

5th August BEFA Leamington fun fly. Bob Smith 01642 823197.

18-19 August Greenacres Electric Fun Fly, Walsall. Call Sid on 01922 448873 (I'll definitely be going to this one)

There is also an events list on the BEFA website http://members.netscapeonline.co.uk/...ric-events.htm

Cheers

Brian

Hey brian - could you zap me details of the Walsall one?
Cheers,
Nige.

Old Jun 28, 2001, 04:42 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,675 Posts
Nigel

The only details I have are taken straight from the EFI Diary Dates (you DO read EFI don't you - not just AA ).

The fly-in is at Walsall Airport, signposted from Junction 9 of the M6. Flying 10:00 - 18:00 on both 18th and 19th August. Fun fly entry 2 per Tx. Free parking, refreshments available on site, trade stands very welcome further details from Sid 01922 448873 or Brian 01922 404658.

Greenacres was the site of the 2000 BEFA Millenium bash, which was a great fly-in.

See you there.

Brian