SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 02, 2011, 03:21 PM
Belgique
Joined Feb 2011
10 Posts
Plastic genuine tp : Original plastic stick mount delivery with tower pro 2410. Sorry for my poor english
JCE1 is offline Find More Posts by JCE1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2011, 03:27 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
No problems at all. Just wanted to clarify what it was.

When you get your camera back I'm sure we'd all love pics of your installs and such.
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Old Apr 02, 2011, 03:52 PM
Only flies cheap
Florida
Joined Jan 2007
169 Posts
This is a good looking plane. Just got the Catalina from Nitroplanes, (but I'm gonna have to straighten the port side motor mount, since it is trying to point leftward). From the looks of it the hardware and electrics are very similar. Maybe if I beat up the Catalina, I could just drop the guts into one of these.
sv650touring is offline Find More Posts by sv650touring
Old Apr 02, 2011, 06:19 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv650touring View Post
This is a good looking plane. Just got the Catalina from Nitroplanes, (but I'm gonna have to straighten the port side motor mount, since it is trying to point leftward). From the looks of it the hardware and electrics are very similar. Maybe if I beat up the Catalina, I could just drop the guts into one of these.
I would be carefull straitening the port side motor mount as it may be made this way so that the model remains controllable if the starboard motor fails.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Last edited by kensp; Nov 08, 2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2011, 06:36 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,372 Posts
I have the Catalina, my port side motor mount is not straight as well (along with many others I have talked to). I believe it was intended this way....mine flys wonderfully.
JGuilty13 is online now Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Apr 03, 2011, 03:48 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
601 Posts
Got the Cl-415 yesterday. It arrived in perfect condition. It does look good! Its a big plane. A few area that will need attention are as follows. The elevator joiner wire is a bit on the thin side, will need to be beefed up with carbon fiber rod. The hull is not watertight. Channels will need to be cut into the wing for aileron servo wires and power wires to the nacelles. I think that the elevator servo should be moved to the interior of the fuselage to get it out of the wet. I also think that the wing support struts could be replaced by installing a carbon fiber tube into the wing. These are only minor issues and are easily accomplished by a competent modeller. I will be getting another one of these planes for sure.
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:41 AM
Sverige
Joined Dec 2010
16 Posts
First impressions: WOW. This thing is nice. Nice details, good hinges, good boxing, no damage, every piece is wrapped in foam. This is some dry-fit pictures. Hope you like it!

Images (bigger: 1280x768) also available in my blog:
http://ralfswe.blogspot.com/2011/04/...ir-1390mm.html

Will post assembly pictures and flight report later on.

/Ralf Selfjord
ralfse is offline Find More Posts by ralfse
Old Apr 04, 2011, 08:09 AM
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
NICE!

I'm really glad it only has a few modest decals on it and not covered in weird slogans and stuff like they sometimes do.

Now I'm getting excited for mine.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 08:13 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,255 Posts
Looks great! Mine should be here soon too, I can't wait!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Apr 04, 2011, 12:48 PM
Joined Jun 2005
3,783 Posts
Looks like at least 3 of us sweating out the delivery of these firebombers!
We were hoping to get ours in time for a float-fly, about an hour's drive south of us, but I don't think I could do a decent job of assembly, between now & Saturday! Oh well, it'll be ready for the next one!
Those beautiful pictures really have me interested, thank you, Ralf!
Lancer31 is offline Find More Posts by Lancer31
Old Apr 04, 2011, 01:58 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,187 Posts
Still waiting to receive mine...ordered the very same day it was available on HK website...but still pending customs clearance
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Apr 04, 2011, 04:49 PM
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13 View Post
hpiguy, I just ordered the same set up as you lol....two of the 370s and also the 8040-3 bladed props from gwsprops.

I have a newbie question though. The bell motors ive been messing with all have threaded shafts so its easy to figure out how the props/nuts secure the props to the shafts. But the 370's dont have threaded shafts, do you glue those plastic spacers that come with the props into the center? Once you find the one with the tightest fit what is the best way to secure the prop to the shaft?

Thank you for any advice you can give!

- Jordan
The 370 Alpha Hobbypartz motors arrived today.

They seem to be very nice. I'm quite impressed for the price we paid.

Once you get yours, you'll see that the nice prop adapter actually bolts right to the motor can. The prop drops onto the shaft and is secured with a prop washer and the aluminum spinner they come with. It screws down together. Not a compression fit onto the shaft like I thought they would be based on the pictures. The funny part, the much larger/powerful 450 Optima I got from them uses a compression fit for it's prop adapter. Go figure.

This four bolt method makes a very secure prop mount and I'm surprised it's done this well on an $11 motor.

Once the plane arrives I'll see what kind of stick mount I'll need for the offset or if we can just glue a firewall in the nacelle and bolt right to that.

The props arrived as well in fine shape. They will fit the prop shaft well with an insert, just have to find the correct one for the utmost perfect fit. No need to thin the hub either as it is on some mounts.
Last edited by hpiguy; Apr 04, 2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 09:59 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
601 Posts
I have the 370 motors also. I made a plywood firewall for each nacelle and epoxied them in place. I then srewed the motors to them.
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Apr 05, 2011, 01:52 AM
Joined Sep 2006
72 Posts
Hi all,

Ordered mine yesterday. I already have the big 11lb fiberglass version of KMP (cl-215) so the Guan Li will have little brother next summer.

I plan to use these motors that I have sitting in a box:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4899

I guess from the motor configuration I will have to bolt the motor to a firewall near the tip of the nacelle and reinforce the foam with epoxy.

I'm really excited about this little water bomber!
Philbel is offline Find More Posts by Philbel
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:46 AM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
if anyone is interested, the markings represent a plane in service in Croatia. I sorta wish they'd done it in markings of those in service in Ontario, Canada, but i guess that's because i live in Ontario, Canada...heh.
aferguson is offline Find More Posts by aferguson