Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:48 PM
cincinati, oh
Joined Jul 2001
199 Posts
Motor and mount

Can someone link me to a motor and mount solution. I have read through all the pages twice, and i see mention of good motors, and good mounts, but i didnt see a combo that someone said they HAD INSTALLED..a lot of conjector about this motor/that motor, and that mount wont work with thes plane etc.....anhone have a combo that works and installs on the sticks for easy access???? Thanks

ps..preferable form the same vendor!
ramw5p is offline Find More Posts by ramw5p
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2011, 05:26 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,774 Posts
Hi guys.
I like this plane and want to buy this at Hk.
A few questions you can probably answer:
- the advices setup is 1400-1500 KV, 24.. motor.
Would the 2409-12t work?
Some of you used a 2410-12d, but that is only 1000 KV. That would probably mean you would need different props, right?

- In the description it is mentioned: "can be flown either off water or at your favourite grass flying feild".
Does that mean you can take-off and land this thing from grass? without landing gear?
(i am asking because where i live there are many farm fields, not very suitable for little wheels).

Looking forward you your advice.

Dave
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Apr 17, 2011, 05:31 PM
Joined Jun 2005
3,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramw5p View Post
Can someone link me to a motor and mount solution. I have read through all the pages twice, and i see mention of good motors, and good mounts, but i didnt see a combo that someone said they HAD INSTALLED..a lot of conjector about this motor/that motor, and that mount wont work with thes plane etc.....anhone have a combo that works and installs on the sticks for easy access???? Thanks

ps..preferable form the same vendor!
I guess post #155 was difficult to understand, so here it is; Heads up RC
2410-12T-3Delta. $9.95.
Extruded aluminum mount, for stick mounting this motor, $1.50. Shipping is 2 or 3 bucks.
Lancer31 is offline Find More Posts by Lancer31
Old Apr 17, 2011, 05:39 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
Hi guys.
I like this plane and want to buy this at Hk.
A few questions you can probably answer:
- the advices setup is 1400-1500 KV, 24.. motor.
Would the 2409-12t work?
Some of you used a 2410-12d, but that is only 1000 KV. That would probably mean you would need different props, right?

- In the description it is mentioned: "can be flown either off water or at your favourite grass flying feild".
Does that mean you can take-off and land this thing from grass? without landing gear?
(i am asking because where i live there are many farm fields, not very suitable for little wheels).

Looking forward you your advice.

Dave
I use the 370 motors from hobbypartz. As far as flying off of grass it was difficult keeping it straight for take off. I found that it hand lauches with no issues and landing on grass is almost like a water landing. This plane will slow down and land at a walking pace with no problems. I would also suggest giving the bottom of the hull a few coats of Polycrylic varnsh just to toughen it up. I plan on getting another of these planes as soon as Nitroplanes stocks them!
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Apr 17, 2011, 05:52 PM
cincinati, oh
Joined Jul 2001
199 Posts
Thanks for the help fellas

huntingfield - what mounts did you use?

Lancer31 - THANKS!! thats what i was looking for.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 05:55 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,774 Posts
thanks huntingfield. The landing part is clear to me now!

...unfortunately hobbypartz carries at least 100 motors with '370'. So don't know the stats on this motor.

Lancer mentions the 2410-12, which is also a 1000kv motor. Supplied prop is 8 x 3,5 SF.
I am certainly not an expert, but that sounds like a strange combi....

Can anyone explain?
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Apr 17, 2011, 06:19 PM
Joined Dec 2007
594 Posts
Quote:
thanks huntingfield. The landing part is clear to me now!

...unfortunately hobbypartz carries at least 100 motors with '370'. So don't know the stats on this motor.

Lancer mentions the 2410-12, which is also a 1000kv motor. Supplied prop is 8 x 3,5 SF.
I am certainly not an expert, but that sounds like a strange combi....

Can anyone explain?
I use the Alpha 370 2212-1200kv motor It has the highest wattage, I use the Great planes 9x3.5 electric props, I think the 1000kv motor with 8x3.5 wont give you the reserve of power you may need.I also use the Volcano 30 amp esc from Hobbypartz. As I have said before in this thread, my motors ar mounted on 1/8 plywood firewalls. I cut out a notch at the top of the firewalls for the motor wires and feed the extention wires through. I then epoxy the mount with the motors and motor extention wires attached to the flange inside the nacelle. Then feed the motor extention wires out of the hole in the wing under the nacelle. The nacelle is then epoxied to the wing. My motors did protrude slightly from the front of the nacelles so I carved and sanded two nacelle extentions and attaced them to the front of the nacelles and painted to match. The motor wires are in channels under the wings and the speed controls are inside the fuselage.I also put red 1 1/2 spinners on it , I like the way it looks! I also like to use a toothpick to preforate the surfaces of the components before I epoxy them ( its like having hundreds of tiny epoxy bolts ). Hope this helps.
Last edited by huntingfield; Apr 17, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 06:19 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,044 Posts
Quote:
We linked to and talked about the Hobbypartz Alpha 370 motor a few times in the first half of this thread.

It's helpful to read through the entire thread for tons of info and suggestions from all of us.
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Old Apr 18, 2011, 07:32 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
823 Posts
Lancer 31

Thanks for the correction on the sizes between the HK and KMP versions! If I order one, I'll definitely go with the bigger, HK version. Come on guys, you're killing us out here, waiting to see some videos on the water!
Fast Freddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Freddy
Old Apr 18, 2011, 07:50 AM
cincinati, oh
Joined Jul 2001
199 Posts
I emailed kmp

Said it would be in stock in about 20 days. includes engines, but thats it. I was curiouse if it was abetter deal. said shipping was about 20 to ohio. So 170 vs....110 ish with engines. not a better deal, of course who knows when hk will get them in stock again.

Thanks for the clarification of engines and mounts for those of you who have done it. I know it seems simple, but for those of us that are "part timers" in this hobby we need very explicite directions, and links Thanks!!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:10 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
823 Posts
ramw5p

Yeah, that seems to always be a common problem: out of stock, backorder! And sometimes it takes weeks, months, forever for a restock! I never order something until it's listed as in stock. Last time I ordered an out of stock item, it took so long I got fed up and canceled the order.
Fast Freddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Freddy
Old Apr 18, 2011, 01:47 PM
Joined Dec 2007
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Freddy View Post
Yeah, that seems to always be a common problem: out of stock, backorder! And sometimes it takes weeks, months, forever for a restock! I never order something until it's listed as in stock. Last time I ordered an out of stock item, it took so long I got fed up and canceled the order.
Nitroplanes should stock this plane soon.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:39 PM
cincinati, oh
Joined Jul 2001
199 Posts
cricketts

No videos...no pics...no updates on when nitro planes or hobby king will get these planes......at least some pics from those of you that have the plane..maybe even dare i say..video.. TIA
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:09 AM
Joined Jun 2005
3,781 Posts
I just happen to be slow!

That, coupled with a relatively minor, temporary medical nuisance, have held me up, a bit.
Lancer31 is offline Find More Posts by Lancer31
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:14 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,183 Posts
Crap weather...

My CL-415 has been ready for maiden flight for quite some times now but winter here just don't seem to let go We just got 4'' on fresh snow last night and winds are quite gusty Snow alone is not a problem but windy conditions are...
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse