OK,one more for me thats 7.
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:35 AM
nøtterøy, NORWAY
Joined Mar 2006
1,171 Posts
+1 for me.

I have more than 10 flights so far (changed the retracts units), both on 6s and 8s. Installed and test flew with Benedini soundsystem today, editing now
kimhey is online now Find More Posts by kimhey
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:29 AM
nøtterøy, NORWAY
Joined Mar 2006
1,171 Posts
And here it is:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=85
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:51 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhey View Post
That's wicked!
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:53 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,958 Posts
Very nice Kimhey
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:19 AM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,816 Posts
That IS SENSATIONAL!!!
Where do I get One!!, The sound system that is.
Bloody Brilliant.

Oh, nice flying and great editing too KimHey
Rob
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spektrum Gratton Air-Fair
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:44 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,709 Posts
that sounds good, especially at the lower rev range.

S.
stuart warne is online now Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:33 PM
Try to fly :)
Sweden
Joined Aug 2010
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Knox View Post
How many guys do we know of just from here?
+1 for my mate Ray.
If guys who have purchased could just quote this then all subsequent posts we can get an accurate count just of those from this thread,
So to get the ball Rolling

Rob Knox -1
Ray -1
Total So far = 2
Ok,another one here,that´s 9 i think?
piddos is offline Find More Posts by piddos
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,495 Posts
Kimhey thats brilliant.Keep those vid's coming.Can you give any details/pic's of your wiring and speakers? Is it a'la Pannoc RC/SimonV6?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:27 PM
nøtterøy, NORWAY
Joined Mar 2006
1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikokid View Post
Kimhey thats brilliant.Keep those vid's coming.Can you give any details/pic's of your wiring and speakers? Is it a'la Pannoc RC/SimonV6?
Yes, and those were the ones that inspired me to try this myself

The wiring is very easy, choosing the right speakers is harder....at least for me. I think the system has bigger potential than what I get from it right now.

Will try playing with different sounds tonight.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:02 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2008
999 Posts
Greetings all,

Wow, what a plane! BIG, and super scale! I can't stop drooling

I searched the thread and saw a tiny bit of hypothetical talk about the possibilities of putting a nitro engine in there. To those who own this, what are your thoughts about that? Is the motor firewall sturdy enough to handle a nitro engine (maybe with some ply + fiberglass reinforcement and fuelproofiling)? Is there enough room for an engine inside the cowl? Is there enough for a fuel tank in the battery bay? Is the brushless + battery weight close enough to engine + fuel weight? Any input would be greatly appreciated
Mtn_Commando is offline Find More Posts by Mtn_Commando
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:47 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,495 Posts
Hey,where all electric here.What your suggesting sounds like complete heresy.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:49 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
I thought the problem with nitro is that it eats the foam away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn_Commando View Post
Greetings all,

Wow, what a plane! BIG, and super scale! I can't stop drooling

I searched the thread and saw a tiny bit of hypothetical talk about the possibilities of putting a nitro engine in there. To those who own this, what are your thoughts about that? Is the motor firewall sturdy enough to handle a nitro engine (maybe with some ply + fiberglass reinforcement and fuelproofiling)? Is there enough room for an engine inside the cowl? Is there enough for a fuel tank in the battery bay? Is the brushless + battery weight close enough to engine + fuel weight? Any input would be greatly appreciated
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:58 PM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,658 Posts
IC motor - just for grins (?)...

Yeah, I threw that one out there and here is some general views I have about installing a glow ign. motor in one of these:

Since alcohol is the main fuel ingredient, the foam would be impervious to that but as to nitro content and oil, they may be a longer term hitch in the works and some testing would need to be done on an epo sample for unwanted reactions. In any case, a fuel proof coating would need to be applied in most areas around the motor and with epo, it's shown to not take coatings well at all.

Getting a mount system for the motor would require that the loads be spread out over as large an area as possible. Just a firewall mounting, say with epoxy, won't take the power pulses for long without breaking loose and a nose over would probably pop the whole thing loose. The mount system would by necessity need to extend forward from the actual firewall location, past the motor mounts and glued to the insides of the fuselage going to the nose. Material could be a composite of wood with rigid sheet fiber-glass spreading the loads.

An automotive silicone sealer may be usable the fix the whole thing together to the epo as it would spread out shock and loads. It would all be experimental. I've certainly not tried any of this but in practice I sort of know my way around the materials and what they can do.

As for weights and such, I'm sure that would be relatively straight forward to work out and there's probably plenty of room to work with for components.

Bear in mind Commando, I don't have one of these great looking P-40s as yet as they're not imported to the U.S. due to shipping regs.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:23 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2008
999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82 View Post
Yeah, I threw that one out there and here is some general views I have about installing a glow ign. motor in one of these:

Since alcohol is the main fuel ingredient, the foam would be impervious to that but as to nitro content and oil, they may be a longer term hitch in the works and some testing would need to be done on an epo sample for unwanted reactions. In any case, a fuel proof coating would need to be applied in most areas around the motor and with epo, it's shown to not take coatings well at all.

Getting a mount system for the motor would require that the loads be spread out over as large an area as possible. Just a firewall mounting, say with epoxy, won't take the power pulses for long without breaking loose and a nose over would probably pop the whole thing loose. The mount system would by necessity need to extend forward from the actual firewall location, past the motor mounts and glued to the insides of the fuselage going to the nose. Material could be a composite of wood with rigid sheet fiber-glass spreading the loads.

An automotive silicone sealer may be usable the fix the whole thing together to the epo as it would spread out shock and loads. It would all be experimental. I've certainly not tried any of this but in practice I sort of know my way around the materials and what they can do.

As for weights and such, I'm sure that would be relatively straight forward to work out and there's probably plenty of room to work with for components.

Bear in mind Commando, I don't have one of these great looking P-40s as yet as they're not imported to the U.S. due to shipping regs.
Thanks for your detailed response, gnats. So you mean these are neither available, nor importable in the states? Ah, what a buzzkill! Guess we'll have to wait. At least that's good news for my wallet.
Mtn_Commando is offline Find More Posts by Mtn_Commando