HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by impostor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:32 AM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Discussion
Crash boom bam!

Last nite I went out for a session. It was cloudy, foggy, and windy. I flew it anyways, when I shouldn't have. It was very difficult to say the least. There were several crashes, but the hardest crash was a full power dive from a left bank. Not sure what happened, but the plane just lost a lot of altitude very quickly. I couldn't recover and it smacked the ground, HARD. Broke vert stab, broke left wing, right wing, battery connector. So I went home all upset... Then I spent some time editing this video from last week's flight session. It took several hours to edit. Girlfriend was NOT happy.

Anyways, last week, I repaired a broken left wing (the first time it broke) with some glue and tape. Took it out to see how it handled. It was ok. There is a twist in the wing causing it to always roll left. I had to compensate for it with the stick bc the trim isn't doing a good enough of a job. While I was at the field, the up trim on elevator broke. So that's another thing I had to manually compensate. It made flying it rather difficult. Add in a little bit of wind and things were very very interesting. Lots of fun flying the little UM T-28 in-spite of the crashes, which you can see in the video. Anyways, enjoy the video!

UM T-28 Flying, Loops and Crashes (4 min 56 sec)
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
to remove ads between posts