HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2011, 09:09 PM
California
Joined Apr 2006
1,247 Posts
Just a piece of advise. I have been HK customer for years, and all order have arrived in CA, US in less than 4 days with expedited shipping. The one day I did use cheaper shipping option, it took over three weeks to arrive.

By the way, my latest order was from US warehouse with priority mail. The order took 5 weeks to arrive. Wait, wasn't the point to order from US warehouse at higher item price is faster shipping? I'm not sure what's logic there.

B
asm_ is offline Find More Posts by asm_
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2011, 09:49 PM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asm_ View Post
Just a piece of advise. I have been HK customer for years, and all order have arrived in CA, US in less than 4 days with expedited shipping. The one day I did use cheaper shipping option, it took over three weeks to arrive.

By the way, my latest order was from US warehouse with priority mail. The order took 5 weeks to arrive. Wait, wasn't the point to order from US warehouse at higher item price is faster shipping? I'm not sure what's logic there.

B
Thank you ASM! Everything you're saying makes sense. It's worth paying for me to not feel lost and forgotten.......I sometimes have abandonment issues .
NOTAR 600 is online now Find More Posts by NOTAR 600
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:19 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAR 600 View Post
Thank you ASM! Everything you're saying makes sense. It's worth paying for me to not feel lost and forgotten.......I sometimes have abandonment issues .
actually 3 weeks is about normal for non-EMS. My last order went non-EMS and was took nearly 4 1/2 weeks. of those 2 1/2 weeks was stuck in customs.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:19 AM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,044 Posts
Yup, my order, placed Feb 26th and was just left at my post office. I have to go sign for it today. Just over three weeks. I chose Registered Airmail, the second to last cheapest service they offered on my order.

I have two others coming. One was given to hongkong post on the 17th, so that will be a while and the other is still processing from Sunday.
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Last edited by hpiguy; Mar 22, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:23 AM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,537 Posts
Have mega $$$ sent to HK. Most get to me here in Wisconsin 2 weeks after I receive notice that it has been shipped.

Try not to order items that are in stock with backordered items. I usually split the orders. Backordered items can really delay everything.

RonJ
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:40 AM
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,044 Posts
I've never ordered one backordered item for just that reason.

No lipos either.

I'm cool with three weeks or so. It's coming from China at dirt cheap prices. I expect it to take a while.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:10 PM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,384 Posts
Should have ordered some XT60 male connectors for these lipos when I got them. Reason I didn't was the user reviews had many reports of website showing lipo with one kind of connector then after ordering they arrive with a different kind.

Was able to find a close by online RC vendor, MONTO RC, in powell ohio with great prices and same day shipping and now I have the needed XT60's ready to make a charging adapter which will also work to connect to all my ESC's. Probably will switch over to using XT60's on most everything. Originally thought might put deans on these new batts but they came with a much better soldering job than I could ever do.

Have to say that coming far away from china these rhinos look so fresh off the assembly line and not a mark or ding on them anywhere. Just enjoying this now since might not take long for me to crash one . And the box they came in was not very protective even though they were bubble wrapped pretty well and both connectors were wrapped in foam.

Again very happy so far with these. Time to do some soldering then out to the flying field with the stryker and T-28.
Last edited by NOTAR 600; Mar 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:10 PM
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,044 Posts
A good LOL, the orders shipped weeks apart arrived at my post office within two days of each other.

Hilarious how postal logistics work at times.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:02 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
For those that care. I ordered my first HK USA warehouse (2x turnigy 2200mah Lipo) - ordered Monday morning and got it Wednesday afternoon
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2011, 01:34 AM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,384 Posts
Wow, that's as fast as my best vendors. Probably helps that you're in california fairly close. Thought I heard their USA warehouse is in portland or seattle. Yeah, think i'll give it a try. Thanks for the report.
Last edited by NOTAR 600; Apr 01, 2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 02:23 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Wow, that's as fast as my best vendors. Probably helps that you're in california fairly close. Thought I heard their USA warehouse is in portland or seattle. Yeah, think i'll give it a try. Thanks for the report.
Yes. at least the shipment originated in WA.

Delivered, March 30, 2011, 12:03 pm, SAN JOSE, CA 95129
Out for Delivery, March 30, 2011, 8:44 am, SAN JOSE, CA 95117
Sorting Complete, March 30, 2011, 8:34 am, SAN JOSE, CA 95117
Arrival at Post Office, March 30, 2011, 4:44 am, SAN JOSE, CA 95117
Processed through Sort Facility, March 30, 2011, 12:16 am, SAN JOSE, CA 95101
Electronic Shipping Info Received, March 28, 2011
Processed through Sort Facility, March 28, 2011, 6:24 pm, KENT, WA 98032
Shipment Accepted, March 28, 2011, 4:52 pm, TACOMA, WA 98413
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2011, 09:33 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
I was looking up info on the chernobyl reactor meltdown 1986 in the former USSR. I found this picture of what was said to be a photo of this leftover lava-like blob of melted plutonium fuel rods, control rods, and associated framework, etc. from chernobyl reactor four. They had left an inexperienced crew who came from where they worked at a coal fired power plant and put them in charge on the night shift at chernobyl and said "hey can you do this test tonight?" and they just winged it Kaboom!

The two should not be linked as the japaneese reactor has many safety factors built it.
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Apr 04, 2011, 08:19 PM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,384 Posts
True Lipoflyer, there are many differences.......yet the issue with both is initial and long term containment. Chernobyl was built without a containment vessel and the japan facility now has a leaking containment vessel.

In contrast the rhino lithium batteries have not leaked nor exploded.....they are "contained" in a fireproof red clay dish.