HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Fish99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 01:10 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,629 Posts
Discussion
Latest Heli in the Air Wing Blade mCPX... and it's a KILLER!

Well, I was at the LHS with a buddy and we both picked up new helis today. He got a Blade mSR as he has graduated from the MCX. I decided to take the plunge into Collective Pitch helis after a lot of looking around the net and got the latest offering from Blade, the mCPX. It's slightly larger than the mSR, smaller than the 120 SR, and fully 3d capable!

It is flybarless and a technological miracle in a box, really! This thing is an absolute HOOT to fly. A lot more challenging and fun than the mSR, as while it is QUITE stable in hover, it does not have the CPU self leveling features of the mSR, so if you get out of level you have to react yourself or it just keeps going where you are pointed, at what ever orientation you are in, and it does it QUICKLY!

That said, it's a blast to fly. I had it out for a couple flights on the street today in a pretty good wind. (Grounded my Mossie and other UM aircraft.) It handles the wind like it's not even there. Very impressive.

Still haven't had the guts to try any 3d with it, though I have been flying about in stunt mode on low rates and like how it handles.

I have the model on Clearview so have been spending time this evening on the sim. Amazingly good re-creation to be honest.

This is going to be a FUN bird and I can see loosing a lot of time to this one. Stay tuned for pics / vids when I get a chance.

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
to remove ads between posts