Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by impostor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:14 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Discussion
New Hawk Talon Mini V2 heli

Meritline's got this Daily Deals specials. About every couple weeks, they put their 3ch micro coaxial helicopters on sale for about $22 shipped. These little ones are fun and easy to fly indoors. Great for cold, rainy, or windy days when I can't fly outdoors.

I already have a Talon Mini (v1) heli and it's a cute little heli. I have a video of it in my blog previously. Today, I made a video impression of the V2 heli. It's a little bit bigger than the V1. It has a trim problem in that it won't stop rotating to the left, even though I'm fully trimmed to the right. So a quick search on RCG said I should flatten the top rotor blade. That works great, but only for a few minutes at a time since the blades will revert back to their preformed shape. I don't know how to make them keep the flat shape... Here's my impression of it.

TeamRC's Hawk Talon Mini V2 RC Helicopter Impressions (6 min 32 sec)
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
70 Posts
V2 looks good.

The left spin is a common issue. My V1 has it as well. It may be because the mechanism for the lower rotor somehow has more friction than the upper one. You can observe this when you turn the throttle to zero. The lower rotor always stop first before the upper one does. I can trim mine at the beginning, and have to keep trimming towards that direction to the limit when the battery goes down. The situation can become better when you turn off the heli and turn it back on.
valley_nomad is offline Find More Posts by valley_nomad
Old Apr 06, 2011, 03:21 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
I wonder if a quick shot of lube will fix it...
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor