HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:29 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Discussion
TeamRC's Hawk Talon Mini V2 Impressions

I just got this coaxial micro 3ch heli in today from meritline. It was on sale last week during one of their Daily Deals specials. Here are my impressions of it.

Hope you guys enjoy the video.

TeamRC's Hawk Talon Mini V2 RC Helicopter Impressions (6 min 32 sec)
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:49 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,033 Posts
Imposter:

Nice vid and demo, nice flying.

As to the spring in the other controler, it is very easy to remove it, I remove throttle stick springs for easier and more precise control.

Durk
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:46 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Thanks frieslander. My gf flies the other one and she likes the springy throttle. So I'll leave it in there.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:24 PM
The sparkle in your China
Joined Feb 2011
108 Posts
Impostor, I received my Mini Talon V2 in black from Meritline last Thursday. It's the quietest heli I own. A very nicely mannered and relatively quick little flier. I was put off by the TX using AAA batteries, but the small size of the TX is surprisingly comfortable. An excellent buy for the $21.99 shipped I paid for it.
Ronzo is offline Find More Posts by Ronzo
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:48 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
I have the v1 and v2 and I'm impressed with both of them. My gf just loves loves loves the tiny Talon V1. I like both bc they are relatively fast, quiet, and quite nimble. I also like the small Tx as well.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:05 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Meritline has these helis on sale again today for $20 with code MLC261188040625NL1. Great little heli!
Old Apr 06, 2011, 05:19 PM
Joined Feb 2011
70 Posts
Can V2's remote control V1?
Can V2's USB charge cable be used for V1?
valley_nomad is offline Find More Posts by valley_nomad
Old Apr 06, 2011, 05:21 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post
Good question! I'll try that tonite and report back. I really like the small compact controller for the V2.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 05:36 PM
Joined Feb 2011
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post
Can V2's USB charge cable be used for V1?
No, and NO! The V1 is a SanHuan 6025-1 clone, and the polarity is reversed from most other models. Plugging in a Syma S107 USB charger, for instance, into the Hawk Talon V1 will fry the heli's board. As far as the transmitter is concerned, it's likely that the codes for SanHuan and the V2's OEM company are incompatible. It's safe to try it and see, but please check the polarity of the USB charger compared to SanHuan's before charging the V1 with any USB charger other than SanHuan's -- which is actually too hot for the V1's LiPo, since the SanHuan USB charger is optimized for the 6020.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 09:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
No, and NO! The V1 is a SanHuan 6025-1 clone, and the polarity is reversed from most other models. Plugging in a Syma S107 USB charger, for instance, into the Hawk Talon V1 will fry the heli's board. As far as the transmitter is concerned, it's likely that the codes for SanHuan and the V2's OEM company are incompatible. It's safe to try it and see, but please check the polarity of the USB charger compared to SanHuan's before charging the V1 with any USB charger other than SanHuan's -- which is actually too hot for the V1's LiPo, since the SanHuan USB charger is optimized for the 6020.
Thanks for the info. The size of V1's remote is just so out of proportion -- its diameter is longer than the length of the heli, and it needs SIX AAs So I like the V2's approach better.
valley_nomad is offline Find More Posts by valley_nomad
Old Apr 06, 2011, 09:59 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
I've confirmed what Ronzo said, the controller for the V2 doesn't work with the V1 heli. =(
Old Apr 07, 2011, 11:35 AM
Joined Jan 2007
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impostor View Post
I just got this coaxial micro 3ch heli in today from meritline. It was on sale last week during one of their Daily Deals specials. Here are my impressions of it.

Hope you guys enjoy the video.
Nice video!

Question:
How did you flatten the blades?
Tried different ways but no luck.

Thinking about getting the 6025.
Strange that the flybar on the 6025 and V1 are below the blades.
How does it fly compared to your other helis?
Verewolf is offline Find More Posts by Verewolf
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:08 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verewolf View Post
Nice video!

Question:
How did you flatten the blades?
Tried different ways but no luck.

Thanks Verewolf!

I flatten the blades by pressing them between my fingers. It's not an exact science by any means, and the effect is only temporary. I haven't had time to find a permanent solution to flattening the blades yet. Maybe remove the blades, apply heat to soften up the plastic and then place them under a stack of books or something? You can also try to bend the bottom set of blades so that they have a little more curvature to bite into the air. That'll work too.

The V2 is my favorite 3ch heli. It beats out the cool looking Syma Cobra and Apache. The V2 speed, stability, and maneuverability put it at the top of my list. Fun factor is high!

The V1 is also fun but it's a little more twitchy since the removal of the vertical fin. It's fast if not faster than the V2.

I bought a Mini-X 6025 at the Weak Signals RC Expo last weekend too. But I might not get to fly it since it be be going out as a gift for someone.
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
108 Posts
Last edited by Ronzo; Apr 07, 2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: deleted, inadvertent duplicate post
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verewolf View Post
Nice video!
It flies quite nicely. Not as stable as a real Syma S107, but close.

A hard ceiling crash at my church (when someone put the A/C fan on!) caused the tiny pivot pins holding the flybar in position to be knocked out and lost. Fortunately, I had bought the spare head, shaft, and main gears from Meritline when I bought the heli. PLEASE NOTE: The top rotor is NOT screwed on to the shaft, as Meritline's video showing replacement implies; it's a splined shaft, and should be pulled off straight and pushed on firmly straight as well when replaced.

Get the head assembly for $5 more when you buy it. Ultimately, you'll be glad you did.