HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by cynjon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 09:59 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Trader Rating: 177
South Dakota LPU ONLY! Great Planes CAP 21 LPU ONLY!

Just to be clear, I WILL NOT ship this...not worth the hassle to me. Please don't ask--I won't even respond to shipping requests.

Free to good home: this .60-size Great Planes CAP 21 kit that has been taking up space in my workshop for WAY too long. This kit was probably started at least 15 years ago by my brother. He got the bulk of the construction done and got side-tracked on other projects. He is an outstanding builder (check out his blog here on RCG--quigley257 is his username--to see the quality of his builds). As far as I can tell, this kit is complete with a single exception--the canopy is missing. I found a website that lists a replacement but I have no idea whether they still have them or not--up to you to check-- fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com. Worst comes to worst, shape one from foam, fiberglass and paint it, and go fly. Check out the pics--what you see is what you get. Plans (most of which are cut into individual sections during the building process) and instructions are included. Includes a VERY nice fiberglass cowl that has already had the two sections joined (it was originally shipped in two pieces to make it easier to fit in the box). Both wings are built, as are the tailfeathers and fuselage (motor mount is installed and motor box is fuel-proofed with epoxy already). All in all, a really nice kit and shouldn't take a huge amount of work to complete.

Again, I will NOT ship this...Local pickup in the Rapid City, South Dakota area ONLY! There is a chance that I may be able to deliver it to the Denver or Colorado Springs in 2-3 weeks, but no guarantees. Precedence will go to a LOCAL pickup. Feel free to PM with any questions (except questions on shipping ).
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:28 AM
Canada, MB, Oakbank
Joined Dec 2004
670 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Great offer, and great looking build. Too bad I didn't see it yesterday as I woulda had you throw it up in the air on my way over S.D. on my flight home!
NEW222 is offline Find More Posts by NEW222
Old Mar 20, 2011, 01:09 AM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
That would have to be quite a throw! Yep, my brother does good work.

BTW, the fuse is just wrapped in plastic to keep the dust and stuff off it during the several moves it has made over the years courtesy of Uncle Sam!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 01:09 PM
USA, IL, East Peoria
Joined Sep 2010
165 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
So would you be willing to ship this?....lol sorry just kidding couldn't resist...wish I was anywhere near there.
IneptCorpse is offline Find More Posts by IneptCorpse
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:41 PM
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Mar 2011
25 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
does it come with an engine ?
jakie 69 is offline Find More Posts by jakie 69
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:13 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakie 69 View Post
does it come with an engine ?
No engine included, just what is shown in the photos.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:52 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
333 Posts
Trader Rating: 75
Beautiful Non Shipped Plane. Could've , Would've, Should
dirdredd is online now Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:04 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2006
1,581 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
I will be in Rapid City in first part of July, most likely gone by then.
Xanadu is offline Find More Posts by Xanadu
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:50 AM
United States, ND, Wilton
Joined Dec 2007
13 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Hi Cynjon,

I will be coming down for the Huckfest festivities in June. If you could hold it till then that would be great, but if someone wants it before I can get there, that's fine. Maybe we can meet up at Huck this year, I believe it was two years ago, tried to meet at the Buffalo Chip, but bad weather cancelled my trip down!

Terrell
dakotanovass is offline Find More Posts by dakotanovass
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:33 AM
Hermosa, SD
Joined Feb 2011
13 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
sent pm yesterday. thanks
jd3010 is offline Find More Posts by jd3010
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:25 AM
Oops - That's gonna hurt!
USA, WA, Okanogan
Joined May 2010
50 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
OK, I'm on my way. Walking so I should be there before the end of summer.
OUCH!!!!! Stubbed my toe. Never mind - I'll pass.
harryg69 is offline Find More Posts by harryg69
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:44 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Terrell, if the CAP is still available in June you're welcome to it, but I really just want it out of my way before it gets damaged. Looking forward to the Huckfest though!

Still available, as no one has come to pick it up yet...
Old Mar 29, 2011, 03:06 PM
United States, ND, Wilton
Joined Dec 2007
13 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
I will contact you closer to the Huckfest to see if you still have it. But if someone comes before to get it that's fine. C'ya at Huckfest

Terrell
dakotanovass is offline Find More Posts by dakotanovass
Old Apr 03, 2011, 06:19 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
CAP 21 has been picked up...thanks everyone!
Closed Thread