SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Mr. Wiz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:02 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,532 Posts
You get an A plus for being nice and tidy.
Nice to see that you're enjoying the model engines, even though you appear to be all electric.
John
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:51 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,515 Posts
Thanks, John. The engine collecting is new to me. It was after I saw all the nice engines in that Vintage Glow Engine thread that I became interested in collecting them. I now actually see myself building something to try one of my little diesels in and probably something for an ignition engine too. Maybe I'll even build an old timer plane. I've never had one of those either.

As far as being nice and tidy.... well that's my pool table not my shop. I don't take photos in the shop too often. It's not as nice and tidy.

I think, I'll start taking some photos of my engines and add them here. I'm getting enough of them now that it's starting to become an interesting collection.... or at least it is to this newbie collector.

Cheers,

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:07 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,532 Posts
Engine collection

Mr.Wiz, nice collection of engines.
The photos are really very good and show each engine off very well.
I'd really suggest you keep these engines, especially since they all look mint/nib.
I gave away a few engines, maybe 40 years ago, thinking they might help young modelers out. Really sorry I gave "those" engines away. I still miss them.
Maybe a picture of your overall display stand? You seem to be doing better with the display than most of us.
Bill and myself keep ours wrapped up and hidden away, at least out of sight.
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:40 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,515 Posts
Thanks for the compliment on the engine collection. Right now it seems my prices may be too high. I have no takers. Maybe that's a good thing after all. I just wanted to free up some cash for a really special engine. There is a Ross 6 cylinder for sale on Ebay and it's calling my name, if you know what I mean.

I haven't gotten around to building a display stand. I think it's more of a winter project. Right now it's time to fly ..... and repair planes.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog and making some comments. It's nice to get a little feedback.

Cheers,

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz