SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:28 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Question
Techone models??

checking to see what the story is on TECHONE indoor 3D airplnes.....whats your opinion on a 1-10 ?? I just got one ona trade
and am 1/2 way thru the build,I gotta admit after building balsa for 40 yrs these foam jobs have way diffrent building technix!
lectroglide is online now Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Mar 19, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:26 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Evansville IN
Joined Aug 2004
1,135 Posts
lectroglide,

I have two of the TECHONE foamies and they seem just as good as anything else. As a beginner the EPP foam is more durable. I have the Mini Malibu and the Star 3D. We fly ours at the local Armory and there are a few guys that have TECHONE foamies. Tower dropped there price on the Malibu to $29.00. Very good deal. In my books there is no such thing as a perfect plane so I have to give them a 9.
olezippi is online now Find More Posts by olezippi
Last edited by olezippi; Mar 20, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:18 AM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olezippi View Post
lectroglide,

I have two of the TECHONE foamies and they seem just as good as anything else. As a beginner the EPP foam is more durable. I have the Mini Malibu and the Star 3D. We fly ours at the local Armory and there are a few guys that have TECHONE foamies. Tower dropped there price on the Malibu to $29.00. Very good deal. In my books there is no such thing as a perfect plane so I have to give them a 9.
I have techone "spirit" the only thing Im finding is its a bit hard to build the fuse
warp free, I dont mean a bad warp rather a little distortion, also noticed they need more carbon reinforcement than is included in the kit, but this is doable and I think when its done itll be fun
lectroglide is online now Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:41 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Evansville IN
Joined Aug 2004
1,135 Posts
Yeah, the EPP requires a little more CF but they can take a beating a lot better than the others. I wouldn't worry to much about the warp. Just do the best you can. You'll be amazed at what you can get away with when your flying this slow.
olezippi is online now Find More Posts by olezippi
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:32 PM
Joined Jun 2008
36 Posts
84hobby.com sells techone

84hobby
grimesr is offline Find More Posts by grimesr
Old Aug 07, 2011, 01:54 PM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,778 Posts
We have been dealing with Techone for a long time. We actually supplied designs for 4 of the airplane they now sell world wide.

We have found that they are one of the better and most comprehensive airplane manufacturers. The EPP planes are great and the colors are really nice too. The only planes that I personally don't like are the mini pusher jets. The foam that they use is very brittle. I broke most of the parts just building a sample we got.

My suggestion is to stick with the EPP designs, small or large.

We also stock many of their planes. The motors are very good too.

www.2dogrc.com
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV