HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Chris F, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:16 PM
The Revegetator
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,060 Posts
Tony and Stuart, I actually agree with you both. Few women are the slightest bit interested in guns or toy aeroplanes but there are often bikini-clad models adorning the covers of RC and shooting magazines. It seems blatantly wrong to me, neither activity has any connection with attractive women in their swimming attire other than the main purchasers of the magazines are men, a bit embarrassing really. When I was a keen hunter I would usually avoid the magazines with the camo bikini clad babe with an ammo belt draped over her shoulder and gun in hand on the cover, the connection seemed so unlikely and manipulative it would make me feel like a meathead buying it.

Having said all that, I started this thread to stop the bickering in the "Model your model" thread and at the moment it is the most popular thread here at RCG. I'm not offended by the pics but I find the connection between girls and RC aeroplanes incongruous and amusing. I am sure we would all like to see more clothed females flying RC at the local club but that's just not going to happen...... I don't think.
Chris F is offline Find More Posts by Chris F
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:22 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I am sure we would all like to see more clothed females flying RC at the local club but that's just not going to happen...... I don't think.
Clothing isn't required at our field so if that's holding any females pilots back, don't worry about it.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:24 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
I think the tie-in is simply that we love "compound curves"...lol...both airplanes and the fairer sex have wonderfully swoopie compound curves indeed.

That Ferrari poster comes to mind...the one where both the car and gal are in shadow and all you can see are the curvy curves...can't find it online ATM...very tasteful and artsy...
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:31 PM
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Ok, and some more.
I knew there was a reason I fly.....Especially with Hitec gear! Aurora 9 and only Hitec servos!!! That's what the chicks like...Not Spektrum
vigilante-rc is offline Find More Posts by vigilante-rc
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:37 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
+1
xtremeRCpilot is offline Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
Last edited by xtremeRCpilot; Mar 19, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:39 PM
Durham, NC
Joined Jan 2002
66 Posts
Problem Super Models

I don't know about you guys but our club has had to hire a guy with a collie dog and a shotgun to keep these darn models away from the airfield on the weekends so we can fly. They have become a really big nuisance as of late in that they just keep showing up to pose and then begin fighting over the model airplanes (especially the new, giant scale ones) that members bring to the field to fly.

I'd be curious to hear how other clubs are dealing with this vexing problem.

(FUN thread BTW..... DG)
dbgantt is offline Find More Posts by dbgantt
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:56 PM
The Revegetator
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgantt View Post
I don't know about you guys but our club has had to hire a guy with a collie dog and a shotgun to keep these darn models away from the airfield on the weekends so we can fly. They have become a really big nuisance as of late in that they just keep showing up to pose and then begin fighting over the model airplanes (especially the new, giant scale ones) that members bring to the field to fly.

I'd be curious to hear how other clubs are dealing with this vexing problem.

(FUN thread BTW..... DG)
DG, don't chase them away, take some pics and post them here! Nice problem to have hey. We had one girl learning to fly at our club ages ago but I think one of the older guys scared her off by being a bit over attentive.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
This model was bit of a "dog" to fly but sold as a hot cake after I put out a flier with one of these pics, Joe.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:36 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2009
706 Posts
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! The complainers had to come here too? Why couldn't you have stayed away? The title clearly states 'GIRLS with models', so if you don't 'approve' of seeing girls with models, just don't look in this thread, simple as that!
But NO! You still feel you need to come on here and complain!
I love women, I love airplanes, seeing them both together to me is a bonus. Doesn't matter if the women fly planes or not, doesn't matter if they're in bikinis, if you don't like it, there are plenty of other threads you can peruse!
speedy72vega is offline Find More Posts by speedy72vega
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:37 PM
United States, NM, Farmington
Joined Jun 2008
840 Posts
Someone had to do it. Most beautiful girl I know and I only had to pay her in Marshmallows for her "modeling" fee
Corelli is offline Find More Posts by Corelli
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:44 PM
Dirt Brakes ARE Standard Eqpt.
United States, OR, Baker City
Joined Feb 2008
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiloschista View Post
Hey, this is the field where I usually fly!
Strange to see this video posted from a guy who lives >8000km from here.
Anyway I missed this event
I stumbled on this video on YouTube, and now I'm a fan of hers. I wish I could fly like her. Too bad you missed the event though. It would have been nice to meet her. Looks like a nice field too !!!
djcarld is offline Find More Posts by djcarld
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:01 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
And this was my Darling wife back in 1990. Do you remember that 6ch. proportional TX?? Those were the days of real modeling, Joe.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:11 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Something different for a change, radio control helicopters, Joe.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:13 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Edited/removed coz some people don't like pansies....the flower, you know.
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Last edited by maukabud; Mar 24, 2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:20 PM
The Revegetator
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy72vega View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! The complainers had to come here too? Why couldn't you have stayed away? The title clearly states 'GIRLS with models', so if you don't 'approve' of seeing girls with models, just don't look in this thread, simple as that!
But NO! You still feel you need to come on here and complain!
I love women, I love airplanes, seeing them both together to me is a bonus. Doesn't matter if the women fly planes or not, doesn't matter if they're in bikinis, if you don't like it, there are plenty of other threads you can peruse!
Speedy, to be fair I haven't seen any real complaints so far. If we do let's not react to them in a negative way, if we do it's going to get nasty like in the MYM thread with people being reported and lots of ill feeling.
Closed Thread