HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:00 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
Discussion
Forces of Valor / Unimax 1/24 Tanks: Awesome!

Just wanted to chime in and say that I picked up some Forces of Valor aka Unimax 1/24 scale tanks for my young sons (ages 4 and 6) and I to have some fun with. My boys both picked Pershings and I went with a Sherman. First R/C tank experience after 25+ years in R/C... man are these things fun to drive and do IR battle with!

We've only run them for a few days but have probably about 3+hrs total time on them so far, and they're holding up great. IMHO they are right at the high end of the "toy" category... not quite as fancy as a true hobby grade machine, but overall a really nice package that's well put together and "just works"...

Hopefully they hold up well and give us many more hours of pleasure. The size of both the tanks and the transmitters is perfect for my sons, not so big that they're hard to handle, and not so small that you've got to worry constantly about fragility. Overall I am very pleased with the experience. I will post pictures if anyone is interested.

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by surfimp; Mar 18, 2011 at 07:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:17 AM
rmar
Nebraska
Joined Nov 2010
96 Posts
I just wanted to add a couple pictures of my FOV Sherman. I don't have the skill that alot on here do but I can "add" things to make the tank "mine" !!

rmar is offline Find More Posts by rmar
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:58 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
Nice

Ours are still holding up nicely, which I think really says something since we are talking about tank commanders who are four and six years old. There have even been a few play dates with friends and these FOV tanks keep on ticking.

Really like the auto-power-off feature, too. My boys are good about remembering to shut them down, but when they forget it's nice not to run the batteries down.

The IR battle system works nice, too. I can't say enough good things about these tanks, they've really been a win for us. I never thought I'd like R/C tanks so much but hey! They're a blast
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:24 AM
rmar
Nebraska
Joined Nov 2010
96 Posts
I agree 100%. The only "boys" in my house is this old man and I'm having a blast with mine. So far I have the Sherman, Tiger 1, and the Panzer IV. I want to get the Pershing and King Tiger next.
rmar is offline Find More Posts by rmar
Old Jul 02, 2011, 01:23 AM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,063 Posts
Anyone have an idea where I can obtain a new "transmitter antenna" for the 1/24 scale FOV tanks.

Thanks,
Mfpage
mfpage is online now Find More Posts by mfpage