HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:50 AM
Stoke-On-Trent
Joined Mar 2005
139 Posts
Discussion
Easyglider Build Thread (Help wanted)

Hi all,

Well I finally purchassted an Easyglider the other day at a swapmeet, been looking at them for some time and this one was at the right price and not built.

I am planning on sharing the build thread on here with you guys and will be open to any suggetions.

My first hurdle is the motor set up, i don't want to use the stock motor as i want to go brushless but with out the need for a gearbox, i'm thinking that it's going to be an inrunner maybe a 400 replacement.

I use http://www.giantcod.co.uk for most of my stuff, have been looking for suitable motors but keep scratching my head becasue i'm thinking of a good set up 2 cell lipos as through investigating 3 cell lipos may be a little bit of a push with the space provided by the easy glider.

If anyone can give ideas or provide photos to help me get this build on the go would be appreciated, meanwhile i'll have a play with some motors and see if i can come up with anything.

Thanks guys
worzul is offline Find More Posts by worzul
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:38 AM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Globalization...

We have the same glider (well... mine is the EZG pro)

I use the same store (giantcod) to my electronics.

I can suggest the emax 2810 if you want a fast and very powerfull glider (my preference). I little overpowerd (400~500watts).

I choose this motor because of the 5mm shaft and the 4 screws that hold it in place are in exactly same location as the suggested himax.

i use 40A esc (but its to close to the max allowed). I will go to a 50A or 60A ESC.

I use a seperated BEC and the connection to the SPC port in my optima7.

3s nano-techs from hobbyking and you are ready to go.

I have one problem now. I choose not to include the little weight what we have in the kit (spheres) and now i have some difficulties with the COG.

The manual say 70mm from leading edge of the wing. I have the COG about in 55mm to 60mm from LE of the wing.

You have to consider some scheme to get the battery out of the glider it will be in a very difficult place to get it out.

Good luck and post some pictures.
xenupy is offline Find More Posts by xenupy
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:45 AM
Stoke-On-Trent
Joined Mar 2005
139 Posts
Cheers xenupy

Well, I have been routing around in my parts bin at some motors, i've got a few 1200 to 1400 outrunners, so i've just got an old paracetamol tub, cut of one end, the motor fits perfectly into in which means i can turn an outrunner into a inrunner, I will post some pictures soon, in a hurry at the moment the misses has me decorating.

Hope that a 1200 will work with say a 7 inch prop, but i'm still debating on battery packs, having a look it seems as though it will have to be a 2 cell, making wonder if my chioce of motor will work, only time will tell.

Photos of the build to follow.
worzul is offline Find More Posts by worzul