HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:07 AM
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone P-51 BL or T-28 w/ Motor/ESC Upgrade

I just built a P-51 BL Airframe and have a Monster Power 10 motor with 40-Amp Proton series ESC from hobbypartz. I have yet to fly the mustang but it seems to be really nose heavy. I'm considering switching the setup to my stock T-28 but was wondering if anyone else has some reviews on the P-51 BL vs. T-28 with power 10's. I've done plenty of reading on here but not much comparison on the both with power 10's.
pvtparts is offline Find More Posts by pvtparts
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:20 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,361 Posts
At the end of the day who cares what someone else likes better? Which plane do you enjoy flying more? If it's about the same, then which one would you like to see go faster. My money is on the Mustang. That was your first instinct or you would have put the system in the T-28. I say either go with a higher capacity battery( don't go overboard or the weight will offset the upgrade) and shift the battery back a bit to get your balance. Or if you're happy with flight times with the current battery just add a bit of weight to the tail to balance it at the front of the cg range. My mustang carries a bit of weight on the tail and it doesn't slow it down a bit.
Then enjoy the extra speed. Mustangs need to run
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:07 AM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
I have both and both have Power 10s in them. The Mustang is WAY faster than the T-28 but they both fly great. What I did to correct the CG issue on the Mustang is to mount the battery way back in the fuse. I removed the velcro strap from the stock position and moved it back to secure the battery.
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:45 AM
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
thank you for your input, ill prolly end up moving the velcro piece back some to adjust it a bit and get some flight time with it.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
i went flying with the P-51 with power 10 and its too nose heavy for me, landings are rough and it just doesnt seem like it fits the plane like a 480 outrunner would. i'm gonna put it in the t-28 because it seems like it has more of a frame for a bit larger motor