SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jonnyspeed, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:34 PM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
Discussion
Time to build!

I have everything I need for my new Habu32 except for the airframe so it looks like the E-Flite Extra 300 is first up on the build table. I just unboxed it tonight and I am really impressed with the packing. I have never seen an ARF packed so well. Kudos E-Flite! The overall quality of the airframe looks very good. I am anxious to get her ready for her maiden. Hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks if all goes well weather wise. Here we go.

jonnyspeed is offline Find More Posts by jonnyspeed
Last edited by jonnyspeed; Mar 16, 2011 at 01:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:34 PM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
Unpacking/Inspection

Even though it was packed very well the underside of the hatch has a couple issues. The glue joints are dry on the center beam. Also, you can see a chunk missing out of the former on the left. There are no scraps in the fuse or the bag so it must have happened in the factory. I glued the center beam in place, but I'll probably see if Horizon will replace the hatch for me. So far these are the only issues out of the box.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:56 PM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
The rest of the parts look good

The fiberglass work on the Cowl and Pants is very nice. Really high quality.

It looks a litte twisted. I hope that doesn't cause any issues with spinner alignment. The Cowl ring is very nice. My fav method of attaching a cowl.

Tail feathers look good.

So do the wings. The covering on the whole model is fantastic. Not a wrinkle in sight.

Nice.

Notice anything missing? Buh-Bye "EXTRA 300" stickers. I am not a fan.

Nice laser cut structure. Strong and light.

Nice strong motor box. I'm a big fan of the adjustable blind nuts that E-Flite uses. Just waiting for my Power 32.

Pretty decent set of hardware. Most of it will get used. I really like the single bolt control surface arms like I have on the Diamante.

Can't wait to get the DX8 setup and hook up telemetry. Very cool. This is by far the best radio I have owned in 25+yrs of flying.

That's enough for tonight. Time to read the instructions and make sure I have all my tools ready to go.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:02 PM
Yeeah buddy!
Northern Colorado
Joined May 2010
2,451 Posts
Looks awesome! Post lots of pics!!
PinkYakRC is offline Find More Posts by PinkYakRC