HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:52 PM
Joined Mar 2009
368 Posts
if your looking to save $ id opt for the gws corsair instead of the bh.

buy the non-powered version and use a 1200kv brushless outrunner, and use two servos for ailerons.
djacobox372 is offline Find More Posts by djacobox372
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2011, 03:38 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,043 Posts
I have stuck with the Parkzone products, I like their planes, seem to be good quality, durable, easy to repair,(when needed), Readily obtainable parts, I usually call the hobby store, tell em when I need and pick it up in a couple of days. No shipping and handling charges! I have had good interactions with their customer support the few times that I have needed it. Might be a little more costly product than some, but I will pay it for what I get. But I don't buy their batteries though. Bring em down guy's your loosing a ton of business!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Well if any of you guys could help me. I bought the F4U Corsair from BH, and it's a wreck. I just tested it, my first time, ever in my life, with my first plane. And it didn't even lift off the ground. I followed the instructions perfectly. Plenty of room. It went fast, and instantly nose-dived and broke a propeller. And I'm currently trying to repair it, but I just read this forum, so even though i don't have the PK, get it. or now I STRONGLY discourage buying from BH. However, I'm not giving up faith in the plane i just bought. If any of you guys have any idea of fixing it, please post.
IronCladPaladin is offline Find More Posts by IronCladPaladin
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,961 Posts
The Tower Hobbies F4U Corsair is a fantastic model. Check on one out. I got mine for $109.00 shipped to my door. Incredible flyer and tough as nails.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladPaladin View Post
Well if any of you guys could help me. I bought the F4U Corsair from BH, and it's a wreck. I just tested it, my first time, ever in my life, with my first plane. And it didn't even lift off the ground. I followed the instructions perfectly. Plenty of room. It went fast, and instantly nose-dived and broke a propeller. And I'm currently trying to repair it, but I just read this forum, so even though i don't have the PK, get it. or now I STRONGLY discourage buying from BH. However, I'm not giving up faith in the plane i just bought. If any of you guys have any idea of fixing it, please post.
Why you say you strongly discourage others from buy from BH? Was it their fault you crashed the plane? I think you crashed because you are an inexperience pilot trying to fly a tail dragger which is not the easiest type plane to fly
MrMention is offline Find More Posts by MrMention
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:51 PM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jul 2012
512 Posts
I saw a guy flying the Durafly Corsair from HobbyKing over the weekend at a fly in. Looked nice, flew great and he reports no problems. Cost is $139 with flaps and retracts (PNP)http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
erikc641 is offline Find More Posts by erikc641
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jul 2012
512 Posts
and just looking at the pictures, the BH one looks like SH**. Take a look at the Durafly one I posted, it looks way better. I don't have experience with the BH one but I do have experience with the company and it wasn't bad. I started out with the Skysurfer a long time ago and it was a great plane. It came missing parts and they were promptly replaced for free. Now almost two years later, the plane is still being used as one of many club trainers.
erikc641 is offline Find More Posts by erikc641