HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:21 PM
B'ham., AL
Joined Dec 2008
77 Posts
Discussion
Anyone order 1400mm Starmax Cub from Hobbyshop Warehouse?

There was a nice thread on this plane a few weeks ago that prompted me to order it from Hobbyshop Warehouse. Ordered it on Feb 7. I knew it would be longer than normal because of the Chinese holiday. Supposedly a few weeks ago, they were shipping again. As of today, hadn't heard anything. Just called them and they said it would ship this week. Noticed the previous thread on this plane had been closed, Wondering why? Anyone else still waiting on this plane from Hobbyshop Warehouse?
highrailer is offline Find More Posts by highrailer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:39 PM
Slidell, LA
Joined Oct 2008
171 Posts
I am also wondering why that thread was canceled? I have that plane and I love it and highly recommend it. I purchased mine from Banana Hobby and received it promptly.

swordds
swordds is offline Find More Posts by swordds
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:21 AM
Joined Oct 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highrailer View Post
There was a nice thread on this plane a few weeks ago that prompted me to order it from Hobbyshop Warehouse. Ordered it on Feb 7. I knew it would be longer than normal because of the Chinese holiday. Supposedly a few weeks ago, they were shipping again. As of today, hadn't heard anything. Just called them and they said it would ship this week. Noticed the previous thread on this plane had been closed, Wondering why? Anyone else still waiting on this plane from Hobbyshop Warehouse?
Did you ever get this? Chinese New Year or not, 5 weeks and counting seemed a rather long time.

ANyone know why the thread was closed and never reopened?
-Rittmeister- is offline Find More Posts by -Rittmeister-
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:43 PM
B'ham., AL
Joined Dec 2008
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rittmeister- View Post
Did you ever get this? Chinese New Year or not, 5 weeks and counting seemed a rather long time.

ANyone know why the thread was closed and never reopened?

Never received it. Received refund. Dont know whether I will order it somewhere else or not.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:16 PM
Houston
Joined Oct 2006
251 Posts
I have my doubts about HobbyShopWhse stiil in the swing. Their thread was locked (and opened, but no posts lately from the two guys authoring it) and the videos are no longer available.

I ordered one from this place. $120 + shipping for the RTF. Heck, that's cheaper than the smaller Exceed version. Received a tracking number the next day from them...

Listed as the 4S version:

Powerful 3648 outer runner brushless motor KV700 and 45A ESC Battery: 2200Mah, 14.8V

http://www.vcshobbies.com/merchant.i...tid=220&step=4
Tail Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Tail Wheel
Last edited by Tail Wheel; Mar 22, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:21 PM
B'ham., AL
Joined Dec 2008
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Wheel View Post
I have my doubts about HobbyShopWhse stiil in the swing. Their thread was locked (and opened, but no posts lately from the two guys authoring it) and the videos are no longer available.

I ordered one from this place. $120 + shipping for the RTF. Heck, that's cheaper than the smaller Exceed version. Received a tracking number the next day from them...

Listed as the 4S version:

Powerful 3648 outer runner brushless motor KV700 and 45A ESC Battery: 2200Mah, 14.8V

http://www.vcshobbies.com/merchant.i...tid=220&step=4
Have you received this plane? I saw this place too but was wondering if this was in fact the same plane. Let me know.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:38 PM
Houston
Joined Oct 2006
251 Posts
No, I haven't received it as of yet. I just ordered it Saturday.

Quote:
but was wondering if this was in fact the same plane
As compared to what?

There is only one 1400mm Starmax Cub out there that I know of that has the same specs as the ones mentioned in the dozen, or so, threads within these forums.

My only concern was if it was indeed the RTF and his reply was it was the 'everything included' version.

I'll let you know when it arrives.
Tail Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Tail Wheel
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:27 PM
B'ham., AL
Joined Dec 2008
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Wheel View Post
No, I haven't received it as of yet. I just ordered it Saturday.

As compared to what?

There is only one 1400mm Starmax Cub out there that I know of that has the same specs as the ones mentioned in the dozen, or so, threads within these forums.

My only concern was if it was indeed the RTF and his reply was it was the 'everything included' version.

I'll let you know when it arrives.

Yes, let me know when it arrives and you are happy with it. The price was so much less than the others I thought it might be an earlier version or something. Thanks.