SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Jurgen Heilig, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:05 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Gallery
Wall-Halla 2011

After the huge success of Wall-Halla in 2007 and 2009, the latest event from 12.- 13. March 2011 was even better.

What is Wall-Halla? A unique Indoor Flying Event with European Top Pilots, organized by Martin Müller, Stephanie Schwan and Markus Zolitsch, supported by the local model flying club FMBG Schifferstadt-Assenheim and the DMFV (German Model Flying Association).

Wall-Halla presents the complete bandwith of Indoor Model Flying, spiced with Live Music, Show-Acts, Dance Groups, Laser- and Light-Shows, Professional Commenting etc.

Model Flying is presented as an exciting, entertaining and thrilling hobby and as the top pilots are already there, challenging competitions are scheduled around the main event.

Video Appetizers:

Wall-Halla 2011 Afternoon Show - Part 1 (4 min 52 sec)

Wall-Halla 2011 Afternoon Show - Part 2 (6 min 27 sec)

Wall-Halla 2011 Afternoon Show - Part 3 (5 min 5 sec)

Enjoy!

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Mar 22, 2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Vidoes added
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:41 AM
Seattle, USA
Joined Oct 2009
848 Posts
Jürgen, thank you, thank you, thank you for recording such a wonderful gala.

I'd love to learn more about the wide variety of "dream of flying" aircraft in the show: the feather glider, the large/scale WWII aircraft, the slow jets, the sheep (again!), and the whale blimps. (Not to mention the flying cars, flying shoe, whimsical autogiros, and flying dragon!)

If you can, please post any information you can share about these fantastic creations.
jeffsch is offline Find More Posts by jeffsch
Old Mar 23, 2011, 03:14 PM
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Joined Mar 2004
305 Posts
Jurgen:

Thank you very much for sharing and I want to write to you "Gratuliere sehr herzlich für die sehr gut gemachte Videos"!
I did not suspect this much ingenuity and such great showmanship from the people at a Model Airplane Show. I have enjoyed your videos very much in the past, but this one tops everything I have seen to date.

Best regards from Guadalajara, Mexiko.

Jorge Fernandez
Jorge Fernandez is offline Find More Posts by Jorge Fernandez
Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:31 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsch View Post
I'd love to learn more about the wide variety of "dream of flying" aircraft in the show: the feather glider, the large/scale WWII aircraft, the slow jets, the sheep (again!), and the whale blimps. (Not to mention the flying cars, flying shoe, whimsical autogiros, and flying dragon!)

If you can, please post any information you can share about these fantastic creations.
Building models using bird feathers:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3788...1KZXV8KSR8BYHP

The Fieseler Storch is from Christian Huber: wingspan: 2.14m, weight: approx. 550g

The Messerschmitt Bf 109 is from Jürgen Schönle: wingspan: 1.7m, weight approx. 550g (if I remember correctly).

The Shocky-Style Airbus is from Sebastian Hampf and the Lear-Jet Derk van der Vecht. Both models have been around for well over 6 years now.

Flying sheep and Super Mario Karts are from Helmut Langwost. Plans are available from FMT (a German Model Magazine).

The Whopper (Autogyro) was designed by Sebastian Hampf, also available as plan from FMT.

The Stingrays were designed by Dietmar Metz and Martin Müller.

The Dragon is from Martin Müller and is thrust vector controlled. It uses an AXi 2203 Race at the back of the head. The swing wings are operated by two Hitec HS65MG.

Jürgen
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:05 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Fernandez View Post
I have enjoyed your videos very much in the past, but this one tops everything I have seen to date.
Hi Jorge,

thanks for the compliments. Considering this was only the "Warm-Up Show" in the afternoon, I am looking forward to the really professional DVD which is hopefully being produced. I was operating the second camera during the Gala Show and I'd say: You ain't seen nothing yet.

Jürgen