SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 08, 2003, 10:40 PM
Super Cub fan
United States, IL, De Land
Joined Jul 2003
673 Posts
Mr. Lin, will DC3 be at Chicago?

Mr. Lin, I have seen on your web site and in adverts that you will be offering a DC3. Will you have it at the Chicago Hobby show in September? I'm looking forward in seeing you and the other GWS people this year.
RAFguy is offline Find More Posts by RAFguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2003, 11:18 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Sorry for the badly delayed. Since Mr. Daniel Sheh passed! The DC3 still not completely finished.

However, PT17 is getting close to be ready! Also B2.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Aug 09, 2003, 04:15 PM
Super Cub fan
United States, IL, De Land
Joined Jul 2003
673 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but the PT-17 and B2 should be cool. I have been waiting for the PT-17. I know this year the Trade Show is going to let us sell to the consumers, so will you be selling kits at Chicago?
RAFguy is offline Find More Posts by RAFguy
Old Aug 09, 2003, 05:53 PM
North IL
Joined Jul 2003
21 Posts
When and where is this trade show in chicago? I would love to come.
Crunch is offline Find More Posts by Crunch
Old Aug 09, 2003, 08:54 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Sept. 11~14. at Rosemont ( Esat side a few mile away from O'hare airport ) by River Road and Freeway (?? ).
Old Aug 10, 2003, 01:42 AM
Blaine, MN
Joined Jun 2003
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GWS4CEO
Sept. 11~14. at Rosemont ( Esat side a few mile away from O'hare airport ) by River Road and Freeway (?? ).
September 11? be careful you never know what will happen on that day you might want to call in sick that day and stay home
MinnParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by MinnParkflyer
Old Aug 10, 2003, 03:28 AM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2003
2,886 Posts
Sorry to hear about Mr. Sheh. I hope someone will finish his hard work and get the DC-3 to the market. Maybe even a special commemorative kit?
drksyd is offline Find More Posts by drksyd
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:20 AM
Joined Aug 2003
18 Posts
Mr. Lin, perhaps i can come finish the dc3 for you! I am a very keen flier and a mechanical engineer but i fear New Zealand is a fair hike from taiwan! - And no experience in moulding polystyrene unfortunately! However i will DEFINATELY be purchasing a dc3. The only electric DC3 i have seen locally is over $600 nzd.
mattk is offline Find More Posts by mattk
Old Aug 22, 2003, 10:45 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
The GWS DC3 will be same or similar price like GWS BN2.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 05:23 PM
St. Louis Metro
Joined Apr 2003
2,440 Posts
Does anyone have a URL to where more info can be found for that show? Chicago is only about a 6 hour drive for me.
WJ Birmingham is offline Find More Posts by WJ Birmingham
Old Aug 23, 2003, 01:27 AM
Woohoohoohoohoo! AGAIN!!
Manly Vale, Australia
Joined Aug 2003
119 Posts
Upcoming Kits

Mr Lin,
Recently, I read a post in which you asked us as consumers which planes we would be most interested in seeing GWS produce in the near future. A poll was taken on these planes, and by far, the P-38 Lightning was the most popular choice.

Do you have any news regarding development, if any, of a GWS P-38 lightning?
Furthermore, being a great lover of warbirds, I'm finding it difficult to find a GWS Corsair (which I have heard only good news about) here in Australia, indeed, the only hobbyshop I have found that sells GWS products thus far is in the state of South Australia, and I am in a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales.
Have any GWS Corsairs been shipped to Oz? If so, perhaps you can supply us with information as to whom they were shipped (maybe I can get a better price if I don't go to the bottom of the totem pole, so to speak)
I thank you respectfully for your time, and for the fact that you actually value your consumer's input,
Regards,
R.
Randori is offline Find More Posts by Randori
Old Aug 24, 2003, 02:46 AM
Canberra, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
1 Posts
Gday R

I buy my gws planes from Monaro Hobbies in Queanbeyan, phone number is 02 6299679. The latest one in is the BN2.

Regards
Big Al
bigal53 is offline Find More Posts by bigal53
Old Aug 24, 2003, 02:10 PM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
The DC3 will be one of my next GWS models for sure. My dad spoke fondly of the C-47 variant from his military days. Many times his bacon was saved by one of the 'Puffs' on a strafing run in Vietnam. He recalls that there was nothing like seeing those miniguns firing a solid streem of fire like one would imagine from a dragon (hence the name - 'Puff the Magic Dragon').

Any plans to offer one up in C47 jungle camo?

Steve M
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride
Old Aug 25, 2003, 12:18 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WJ Birmingham
Does anyone have a URL to where more info can be found for that show? Chicago is only about a 6 hour drive for me.
http://www.ihobbyexpo.com
International Model and Hobby Expo is produced by the Radio Control Hobby Trade Association
31632 North Ellis Drive - Suite 111 ?Volo, Illinois 60073
847-740-1111 ?847-740-1112 fax
help@ihobbyexpo.com

The official web says so:

"The International Model and Hobby Expo is still the biggest and the best!

Close to 250 exhibiting companies in 56,000 net square feet of exhibiting space will be at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, September 11-14, 2003. That’s almost twice as many exhibitors as other industry shows currently have…and we’ve got the buyers too!! Over one thousand retail/wholesale attendees have already pre-registered to attend the show and 15% of them are coming from outside the United States.

What make this year’s show better than ever? IMHE has over 25 business seminars and industry meetings to help retailers meet the growing consumer demand for products…the new and exciting “RC Triathlon?sponsored by the Outdoor Channel’s Inside RC ?a fabulous assortment of consumer demo and make & take areas and “open to buy?hours for consumers?Buyers?Choice Awards to select the latest and greatest new products…and prizes galore for all retail attendees.

This is the MUST ATTEND industry event of the year?so don’t miss out on all the excitement."
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Aug 25, 2003 at 12:20 PM.