Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 13, 2011, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
Help!
Use only one channel for dual ailerons with a 6 ch receiver?

Hi,

I am new to this. Is it possible to use only one channel on a 6 channel receiver with a Y extension to control both aileron servos?

I've tried channel mixing on my transmitter, but it doesn't seem to work. None of the servos are responding.

Here is my equipement: The plane is an AXN Floater Jet and my transmitter is a DX6i.

I've ordered servo extensions to connect both aileron servos separately, but I would like to use my plane right now.

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Max
madmax14 is offline Find More Posts by madmax14
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:25 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,592 Posts
If you want to use Dual aileron servo with the DX6i you MUST enable DUAL AILERON WING type. This will enable the AUX1 channel to be used for ailerons and it will be reffered to as FLAP in the DX6i servo menus.

Yes you can use a simple Y harness BUT you will need to make every adjustments MECHANICALY
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:24 PM
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
Thanks for the answer. I've made all the trimming directly on the servo rods and everything worked fine. I've also made a test flight and it flew well.

Thanks again for your help
madmax14 is offline Find More Posts by madmax14