SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:16 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
73" span SBACH 342 to Electric.

I have been working on my big SBACH 342 from www.redwingrc.com. This plane is beautiful first off. I special ordered it from Tim at Redwing in blue and white. Its the only blue and white one in existence which makes it pretty cool to begin with. Well, then I had to go one step further and take it to an airbrush artist in Nashville, www.air2art.com. I told Shane at air 2 art that I wanted Castle Creations logo on the plane and the rest was free for him to do as he wished. When he told me his plan, I was skeptical, but after seeing the finished plane, WOW WOW WOW is all I can say! This thing is so cool its silly! Too bad for you guys, you dont get to see it until SEFF! Those of you who are not going to SEFF can see pictures of it after the show.

Power for this one is a AXI 5320, Castle ICE HV, Castle BEC Pro and 10S 5000 lipos. Servos are Spektrum 6010 digitals. I must add, this plane is soooo PERFECT for a E conversion! 2 screws pull the HUGE canopy off with very very easy access to the "battery bay/fuel tank area". You could fit 20S 20000mah lipos in this thing if you wanted to.

Here is a picture of the plane before the airbrush work was done... just a few more weeks and you can see the new paint job!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:37 PM
Yeeah buddy!
Northern Colorado
Joined May 2010
2,451 Posts
Looks really cool! Cant wait for airbrush!
PinkYakRC is offline Find More Posts by PinkYakRC
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:50 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Laine,the plane looks nice. But I think the plane holder looks nicer.Great to her you made it back to usa in one piece.
stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Last edited by KOMET 44; Mar 16, 2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:34 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,603 Posts
Looks awesome Laine!! I might go to SEFF this year! I bet the airbrushing looks good. I too have a airbrush artist that i go to. He airbrushes crotch rockets and harleys. He painted my stryker, and its in my blog. Great to have you back Laine.

casey
XtremeWingRC is online now Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:01 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thanks guys. And yeah, I know, she is much better looking than any planes I could own. The airbrush work on this one is awesome for sure. If you are at SEFF and walk down the line, Im sure you wont miss it. Just be sure to stop in and say hi.

Laine.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:04 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Not fair, not fair, I can't go to SEFF I want to see it, I want to see it now, now you hear me. I am not in the Army, so I don't want to hurry up and wait!!!

Ok, it is your plane Laine, do as you wish, you got one fan out here who wants to see it.

Enjoy your time at SEFF.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:05 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, sorry Orrin, your gonna have to wait buddy! Its hard to keep a plane this cool under wraps, but I've had it in my hot little hands for a couple weeks now and I've been able to stop myself from posting pictures. Its almost done and ready for the maiden. Guess whoever shows up at the field that day will get the sneak preview.

Laine.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:36 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Laine,
The best part of all this, the waiting and such, is the fact that you are now home with your wife and kids, having fun, getting ready to move and continue to serve all of us here by teaching others to fly your Blackhawk.

Have a bunch of fun at SEFF and make sure someone takes pictures and posts them to either your blog or on the photo section of SEFF.

I thought the Slo Poke was a real winner. Color wise and such. I love the Slo Poke.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:24 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Nice plane... keep us informed of your progress on the electric conversion.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:15 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thanks Orrin, the Slow Poke was awesome... who would have thought it wasnt ok to make it do 85+MPH! Yeah, havin a good time for sure. Lots of stuff going on, busy as heck, but, it makes the days go by.

I'll be sure to post some pictures and what not while the wife and I are at SEFF. No worries there.

Gabriel, thank you. I would venture to say that if someone had all the electronics sitting there ready for this plane, you could easily have it built on a Saturday. Its that quick and simple.

Laine.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:11 PM
I crash planes
USA, OH, Findlay
Joined Apr 2010
372 Posts
She's a beauty, plane is nice too. I am fond on the 342's making a scratch-built one for now.
bbjsw10 is offline Find More Posts by bbjsw10
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:05 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,587 Posts
Is your paint job going to make this one look better as well or am I just stuck with ?

Glad yer home...

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:04 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
bbjsw10, I'd like to see your scratch built 342 sometime man.

Deckert, once I let the cat out of the bag on the paint job, feel free to try to replicate it! However, this dude did an exceptional job on it IMO. I dont think I could do anything even close to it Im diggin the little foamy 342 though!!! Coooooool

Laine.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 02:23 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,587 Posts
"Im diggin the little foamy 342 though!!! Coooooool"

If ya lived closer, I'd give them to you.. Selling all my foamies except for 1 outdoor bird from Lee Ulinger. Summer is about here and I need to get outside and get some fuel flowing. To many birds and so little time..sigh! I have the pdf & Cad plans I made if you ever want them for a 3mm & 6mm 28" WS version of the SBach. Looking forward to the new paint scheme.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert