HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rolrossi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2011, 01:54 PM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Dec 2000
589 Posts
Clamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolrossi View Post
More pics.
Hi Robert,

Your build photos are the best that I've seen, yet. Could you please tell me what the brand, make, model is of the blue handled clamps you are using in picture number 5, above. Also, you are using a very "gauze like" tape for reinforcement of spars, etc., in some of your other posts. What is it?

Thanks you,
Bob
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris
Old Mar 20, 2011, 03:51 PM
Joined Sep 2005
990 Posts
Hey... can you explain what exactly you are doing with the tubes in the wings? I'm not sure I understand...
GoatZilla is offline Find More Posts by GoatZilla
Old Apr 01, 2011, 09:02 PM
FPV is lifestyle!
Brazil, ES, Vila Velha
Joined Apr 2010
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandris View Post
Hi Robert,

Your build photos are the best that I've seen, yet. Could you please tell me what the brand, make, model is of the blue handled clamps you are using in picture number 5, above. Also, you are using a very "gauze like" tape for reinforcement of spars, etc., in some of your other posts. What is it?

Thanks you,
Bob
Hi bobandris,
Those clamps are some hard to find from Dremel. That's a woodworking model. I bought from a hardwarestore here at Brazil. I don't think it will be hard to you to find on internet. You can buy them with no regret because they are nice, strong and enough to aircraft construction.
What tape are you talking about? (tell me the picture).

Thank you
Robert.
rolrossi is offline Find More Posts by rolrossi
Old Apr 01, 2011, 09:22 PM
FPV is lifestyle!
Brazil, ES, Vila Velha
Joined Apr 2010
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla View Post
Hey... can you explain what exactly you are doing with the tubes in the wings? I'm not sure I understand...
Hi GoatZilla,
That's not exactly easy to understand but I'll edit some explanations as soon as get some time left.
BUT, It's a way that I developed after a few failures. In this method, I introduce a 5mm carbonfiber rod inside the flatened wing accompanying an angle deduced from another CF rod placed on the outside of the wing as you see in the picture, so I will not hole the wing. This fits inside the original spar and is 50 cm long and is introduced more 05cm inside the wing.
If you have any question let me know.

Thank you
Robert
rolrossi is offline Find More Posts by rolrossi