HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:31 AM
Netherlands
Joined Feb 2004
442 Posts
Discussion
I want to order some small stuff, but it looks like they doesn't ship to Holland

Hi Guys,

The past few weeks I was very busy with an Roll en tilt compensated glasfiber mount. The tilt is 1:3 geared, and the roll is done by bearings, just like the MKTR mount.
I will offer these mounts soon for at least half the price you pay for the MKTR.
The problem is, i'm now very busy with the prototype, but the only thing I need to have are some gears from servocity.com.
I mailed them a few weeks ago, and after one week of waiting I finally received a reply,with the message that the shippings costst for some gears ( 4 gears, just for the proto) will be 36 dollar! I couldn't believe it, so i emailed them again, but till now I still havn't received any email from them.

I can't place an order at there site, because I don't see my country in there list, and I still havn't received any email, so this is the only way for me.

Is there mayby anyone who can order some gears from servocity.com and ship them to me?

I would be very, very thankfull if anybody would want to do that.
It's just for an amount of 13,62

I need them very hard, ant can't find any alternatives..

Thank you very much for any help, or suggestions.

Remy ( Netherlands)
Remy is offline Find More Posts by Remy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:45 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Hi Guys,

The past few weeks I was very busy with an Roll en tilt compensated glasfiber mount. The tilt is 1:3 geared, and the roll is done by bearings, just like the MKTR mount.
I will offer these mounts soon for at least half the price you pay for the MKTR.
The problem is, i'm now very busy with the prototype, but the only thing I need to have are some gears from servocity.com.
I mailed them a few weeks ago, and after one week of waiting I finally received a reply,with the message that the shippings costst for some gears ( 4 gears, just for the proto) will be 36 dollar! I couldn't believe it, so i emailed them again, but till now I still havn't received any email from them.

I can't place an order at there site, because I don't see my country in there list, and I still havn't received any email, so this is the only way for me.

Is there mayby anyone who can order some gears from servocity.com and ship them to me?

Remy ( Netherlands)
You must have missed the "international shipping" form here:
http://servocity.com/html/international_orders.html
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:05 AM
Netherlands
Joined Feb 2004
442 Posts
I Already tried that twice.

Sadly, I dont get any respons the past two weeks. These customerservice is very, very very poor and worthless.

I need those gear to make me finish my proto
Old Mar 13, 2011, 01:42 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,496 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Remy ( Netherlands)
Remy, check with some "Hobby Robot" sites. They might have what you are looking for and at a reasonable price. Here are some links that I have.

http://www.robotsimple.com/index.php?route=common/home
http://www.fingertechrobotics.com/products.php?cat=19
http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-332-hite...-32-tooth.aspx
http://www.technobotsonline.com/inde...gories.catalog
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrica...nd-belts/71294
http://www.parallax.com/

These sites may or may not have what you are looking for but I hope it helps.

- Jeff
Canadian Geek is online now Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Old Mar 13, 2011, 02:17 PM
Netherlands
Joined Feb 2004
442 Posts
Hi Jeff!

Thank you very much for your'e help. I Really apreciate.

I need some gears that's fits Futaba. I need to make a 1:3 gear reduction.
I can't find it on your'e suggested sites..

Damnit, but, it's one step closer. I will search for robotic stores.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 02:25 PM
Joined Apr 2010
587 Posts
Remy the steps you want to get rid of are mainly produced by the controller not the servo itself. A servo is just a small dc motor with some gears and a pot meter. Some stabilizers or receivers have a very bad resolution and that produces the steps.
hugy is offline Find More Posts by hugy
Old Mar 13, 2011, 02:39 PM
Netherlands
Joined Feb 2004
442 Posts
I Know Hugy thanks, but it isn't the answer I am looking for.

I just need some gears to fit Futaba ( 25 tooth) but can't find them...
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:14 PM
Joined Sep 2001
85 Posts
Quote:
I Already tried that twice.

Sadly, I dont get any respons the past two weeks. These customerservice is very, very very poor and worthless.

I need those gear to make me finish my proto
Remy,

Send me an email at tech@servocity.com
We must not have received your email....we have someone dedicated to answering emails...it might have gone in our spam blocker.

Brian
ServoCity Tech
Tech is offline Find More Posts by Tech
Old Mar 16, 2011, 03:16 PM
Netherlands
Joined Feb 2004
442 Posts
Hi servocity. I Think that was the problem. I already filled in the Form for foreign customers, en after that I immedeatly getted an answer.

Thanks, I made an order

Btw, brian, how is it possible that I must pay 36 dollars for shipping? isn't it possible to send it in a envolop at my own risk?

Doesn't matter. i already placed a bigger order.