HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2011, 08:31 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
I'm sorry sir but they do not. They are saved on the min/max screen til its powered down.
that will do for some show off
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:09 AM
Joined Apr 2008
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
1) We never confirm nor deny any potential products.
2) Yes, the DX10t will have that in version 1.0

You could try using the new www.wingedshadow.com product. No guarantees, but my guess is that it would work.

Andy
Hello,

does #2 means that there will be an update for the DX8 to record telemetry data?

When will be DX10t be available?

Kind regards

Michael
michil is offline Find More Posts by michil
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:44 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,663 Posts
Its been said multiple time that not every feature from the DX10t will be passed on to the DX8. My guess is that if any recording option is to be available for DX8 owners it will be threw the STI that is coming out.

Just my guess.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Nov 02, 2011, 02:55 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michil View Post
Hello,

does #2 means that there will be an update for the DX8 to record telemetry data?
No, it means that it will be included in version 1.0 of the DX10t. It does not imply anything else.

Quote:
I would have to check the website to know.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 03, 2011, 11:07 AM
Joined Apr 2008
21 Posts
Quote:
No, it means that it will be included in version 1.0 of the DX10t. It does not imply anything else.
But it would be a great addition to the DX8

Quote:
I would have to check the website to know.
June 2012! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks for your answers Andy.

br

Michael
michil is offline Find More Posts by michil
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:18 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,241 Posts
Hey Andy,
When is HH going to release new sensors? I really need a way to count milliamps.
dfrazier is online now Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:25 PM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michil View Post
Hello,

Kind regards

Michael
Next May! Doh!
Giovanni
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Old Dec 10, 2011, 02:10 AM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
So im curious. If i make/buy an adaper so i can plug the voltage sensor in for multiple models do i need to rebind the tm1000 on each model everytime i switch it? Do you have to do the same with the STI?

I'd love to have one on each model but the budget doesn't allow for that.

Thanks
Mike
tonkajeep34 is online now Find More Posts by tonkajeep34
Old Dec 10, 2011, 04:35 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,663 Posts
You have to rebind per model memory..
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:52 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,385 Posts
You would have to re-bind the TM1000, but the STi has a multi-model memory so it's just a matter of selecting the right model.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 10, 2011, 05:30 PM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
Quote:
You would have to re-bind the TM1000, but the STi has a multi-model memory so it's just a matter of selecting the right model.

Andy
Hmm, OK thanks guys.
tonkajeep34 is online now Find More Posts by tonkajeep34
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:38 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,361 Posts
Hey Andy, good to find you on this board.... do you ever get any sleep? hehehehe

gonna cut and paste this thread and start keeping up here. As I noted and will pass along here, my solution to multi model telemetry(expense wise) is to remove/replace the models normal receiver on the days you want telemetry from a specific model. I created a name in the 30th slot of my DX8 called "TelPack" I swap out the usual flight Receiver from a plane and put the telemetry package Receiver/sensors et al. I tape the Pitot tube in place, (might change this practice if I can purchase just Pitot tube and tubing, which is the best way to go) and just make sure the servo directions are correct before flying. Re-programming is less difficult than the whole binding process. One other tip for those old timers with less than perfect eyesight. Purchase short extension cables, and use painters tape to label ports. These pig tails with their labels are much easier to read than the micro lettering on the recievers. Plus you can plug & unplug to your hearts content never worrying about mucking up the receiver pins.

Now one last question.... for those successfully using the airspeed module. When I got everything bound and started bench testing, blowing across the Pitot tube I got nothing when hooked up as the manual indicates. It calls for the split off tube to go to the (+) side of the module and the straight through tube to the (-) side. I got no reading when blowing across the end of the tube. If I reverse the tubes, however, I do get what seems to be valid airspeed. Any one else notice this?

Lastly, I will 2nd or 3rd the request for variometer function/module. Needle is OK, Tone is better. Don't care who picks up the ball first, STI, or in the Dx8 itself.
KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:09 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
module. When I got everything bound and started bench testing, blowing across the Pitot tube I got nothing when hooked up as the manual indicates. It calls for the split off tube to go to the (+) side of the module and the straight through tube to the (-) side. I got no reading when blowing across the end of the tube. If I reverse the tubes, however, I do get what seems to be valid airspeed. Any one else notice this?
Its because you put it on backwards the first time. http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...574-Manual.pdf

Its easy, + = positive = pressure port = straight through.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:47 AM
No meat = no pudding
Machesney Park, IL
Joined Jul 2008
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Its because you put it on backwards the first time. http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...574-Manual.pdf

Its easy, + = positive = pressure port = straight through.
And make sure you don't kink the tube. I've been putting mine inside copper tubing anywhere it goes through foam or might get crimped.
brwilkins is offline Find More Posts by brwilkins
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:43 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,361 Posts
Thanks on the (+) side = straight thru information, sure enough there was an un-accounted twist. Works as advertised.

Only thing I'm left awaiting is the mechanical RPM sensor. Does anybody know of a source, or are they back-ordered everywhere?

Thanks.

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly