You're welcome.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2011, 03:35 AM
Joined Jul 2011
22 Posts
Hi, are there any plans for using the Spektrum Altimeter SPMA9575 in the near future as a vario in using some "piep" tones to show if the plane is increasing or decreasing height?
Would be a cool feature, as i like my new Altimeter in my MPX Cularis very much
Darksmile is offline Find More Posts by Darksmile
Old Aug 06, 2011, 10:19 AM
Joined Jun 2008
339 Posts
Will updating the firmware delete all models on the TX?
If so, is just to import all the models back from SD card to the internal memory, or do you also have to rebind everything?

Anyone tried the old Howhigh with Spektrum Dx8?
aeropics is offline Find More Posts by aeropics
Old Aug 06, 2011, 10:29 AM
Joined Jun 2008
339 Posts
Btw, i wasnt able to get any values displayed in the rpm window, not prior to 2.03 or after...
Old Aug 06, 2011, 11:26 AM
Joined Jul 2011
22 Posts
No, updating the firmware will not delete anything, and you donīt have to rebind your models!

For the other problem, try this:

Go to the systemsmenu, select Telemetry where you should have a screen
with 1-9 selectable options.
Go to option 1 and press the roller button 2 times. Select ON and tell the dx8 how many poles your bl motor has, it should work!

So hi hope

Greetz
Old Aug 06, 2011, 02:28 PM
Joined Jun 2008
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksmile View Post
No, updating the firmware will not delete anything, and you donīt have to rebind your models!

For the other problem, try this:

Go to the systemsmenu, select Telemetry where you should have a screen
with 1-9 selectable options.
Go to option 1 and press the roller button 2 times. Select ON and tell the dx8 how many poles your bl motor has, it should work!

So hi hope

Greetz

Done all that too, but no...
Also i done following as per instructions from Dave West at Winged Shaddow:

"The RPM field on the DX8 will display "-----". It will remain this way until your plane reaches an altitude of 11 meters above ground level.

Here's a tip for simulating a flight if you want to bench test your How High RT without flying. Set up your DX8, telemetry unit, and receiver. Turn everything on and allow the How High to complete its initial power-up display (wait for the red LED to blink every 2 seconds). Then cup your hands around it forming an air chamber between your palms. Now press your lips against your thumbs and suck the air out of the chamber. This simulates the reduced air pressure at altitude. You will see the output in the RPM display on your transmitter's screen. The lower the pressure the higher the altitude – you should easily be able to achieve readings up to a hundred meters or more"
Old Aug 06, 2011, 02:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropics View Post
Done all that too, but no...
Also i done following as per instructions from Dave West at Winged Shaddow:

"The RPM field on the DX8 will display "-----". It will remain this way until your plane reaches an altitude of 11 meters above ground level.

Here's a tip for simulating a flight if you want to bench test your How High RT without flying. Set up your DX8, telemetry unit, and receiver. Turn everything on and allow the How High to complete its initial power-up display (wait for the red LED to blink every 2 seconds). Then cup your hands around it forming an air chamber between your palms. Now press your lips against your thumbs and suck the air out of the chamber. This simulates the reduced air pressure at altitude. You will see the output in the RPM display on your transmitter's screen. The lower the pressure the higher the altitude – you should easily be able to achieve readings up to a hundred meters or more"

*Hmm* are we talking about the RoundsPerMinute motorspeed or are we talking about a 2nd party altimeter?
About a 2nd party piece of equipment, i donīt understand very much, as i am just a little model pilot, Sorry!
Old Aug 06, 2011, 04:16 PM
Joined Jun 2008
339 Posts
Lol, its a second party alt meter working on the rpm mode

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.652330,10.635110
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:56 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,543 Posts
I'm having problems with my alt sensor. I updated to 2.03 from 2.01 but I still cant get the alt. to read 0' sitting still. It starts at -1.9'.... Any suggestions guys? Am I missing a step?
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:39 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,454 Posts
That's the way it works. The thing is extremely sensitive. Take it outside and watch it change as clouds move over. Watch it change as you open and close doors in a room, or when the air conditioning starts/stops.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:53 AM
Joined Jun 2008
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
I'm having problems with my alt sensor. I updated to 2.03 from 2.01 but I still cant get the alt. to read 0' sitting still. It starts at -1.9'.... Any suggestions guys? Am I missing a step?
Try puting the sensor inside your palms, close your hands so it forms a ball, and suck out the air so it performs a vacum, then you should easily be able to read out something...
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:31 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,543 Posts
Thanks Andy. I'll try taking it outside and see what happens. I was just hoping to get it at zero before flying.

Aeropics, I did that and it works well.
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:14 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
15 Posts
My SPMA9575 appears overly sensitive and drifts 40-50m at sea level. It was a blustery day today as a cold front approached the south west of Western Australia and perhaps that has something to do with it.

Also, I had the max height alarm at 122m (400ft) set and when I exceeded it I couldn't shut it up. It did go quiet after one minute.

Why can't we access the Telemetry menu page from the main page with out having to power cycle the Tx and going into the model select side of the menu system?

Cheers,

Jayson
Jays200 is offline Find More Posts by Jays200
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:31 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,454 Posts
40-50m is a lot, but if a front is approaching that will definitely affect it and it wouldn't surprise me. You can actually "see" clouds pass overhead with it (usually only a couple meters difference). Indoors, if the air conditioning turns on, you will see it. If somebody opens a door in another room it changes.

What you can do to get an idea of how much it changes is to contact your local airport and ask for the barometric altitude. It changes during the course of the day, and the pilots will need to know the altitude so they can compensate their altimeters during landing and takeoff. Ask how much difference a storm like that makes and you'll have a reasonable feeling for the local changes to expect. 4m changes during a normal day here are very common, but during the course of a 10 minute flight you don't often see much change.

To silence an alarm, press the CLEAR button on the warning screen.

We have discussed moving or duplicating the telemetry menu onto the Function list. It's in our database as a possible update someday.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:34 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,049 Posts
I just hooked up the Brushless rpm sensor today on my heli. While flying the rpm readout is perfect when compared to the set headspeed of my CC esc. My headspeed is set to 2025 and the readout is showing 2023 to 2027 which is normal but at the end of the flight the max reading shows anywhere from 8000 to 10000 rpm's. Any idea what could be causing this?

One more thing, is Spektrum going to release a sensor for counting milliamps? I would love this as it would take the guesswork out of knowing when its time to land.
dfrazier is offline Find More Posts by dfrazier