HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by WAGliderGuy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:25 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,986 Posts
Discussion
Hanger 9 Corsair .60 bARF Maiden Flight with Crash Landing

If I had the right hex wrench (I had the next size smaller and larger) then everything on the ground would have gone smoother. I forgot to adjust the retracts so that they are completly locked when in the down position before we left. No one else was at the field because of the cold so we just went for it.

This plane is relatively EASY to fly if you have good experience with managing sport planes. She came in really heavy at 9 lbs 2 oz because the camera weighs 6 oz. but I honestly didn't think it felt heavy. Low rates felt like high rates. The few approaches I was able to attempt were high and fast because of the wind and I was worried about all the warnings about how these things stall so I don't really have an idea on how to land yet other then I do need to keep the motor on until touchdown. And I shoulden't be doing belly landings LOL.

Damage report: broken prop and a completly demolished stripped retract servo as you would expect

New servo and MAS 15X7 three-blade on the way.

Enjoy! Skip to 3:11 for the crash landing.

Crash Landing Hangar 9 F4U Corsair - Retract Failure (0 min 16 sec)
WAGliderGuy is online now Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:36 PM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
bARF? As in barely Almost Ready to Fly? I know what you mean man. Nice flight.
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:28 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,986 Posts
Hehe yah. I have no problem with ARFs, I am just still mad that I didn't get the TF kit
WAGliderGuy is online now Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy