HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:53 AM
KragerÝ, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
672 Posts
Discussion
Need help to figuere out what is video,ground and 4.2 v power.

Hey.
I want to do the same as this guy:
http://rcexplorer.se/page14/goggles/goggles.html

I want to use the stock battery, so I see there is one Green,White,"orange or yellow?",black,brown,red, just cobber wire, guess this is the ground for something? It was twisted around the white and green i guess. Do you know what goes to what from the googles?

I have from the googles:

Yellow
Black and blue twisted together into a servo wire and red.

Thanks
Voguna is offline Find More Posts by Voguna
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:57 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,183 Posts
Voguna, maybe you didn't see this?? It's all in the link you've posted:

Quote:
The inside revealed.

The main connector wires
Green: Right audio
Brown: Audio Ground
White: Left Audio
Blue: Video Ground
Yellow: Video Signal
Black: Power Ground
Red: Power, about 4.2V
and this:

Quote:
Since I won't be using any audio I soldered a servo cable to the wires I needed.
Servo cable red -> Red
Servo cable orange -> Yellow
servo cable brown -> Black and blue
I removed the other cables from the connector
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Mar 12, 2011, 01:15 PM
KragerÝ, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
672 Posts
Hmm, its not quite the same in the wire to the googles. Its not a blue wire, and the yellow cable is not there, but I guess video is the orange/yellow wire. I have hooked it up, but I dont get any power. So I guess there is something wrong wired.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:44 AM
KragerÝ, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
672 Posts
The "Bug" in this googles, is that every time you take them off and "wrap them together" (Sorry for my extremly bad english), you get the wires from the googles under pressure and in the end you will cut them off, like I have done. Its just because the extremly bad design for these wires. I really need some help about these wiring. I maybe think the red and ground have got into eachother and blow the googles. Since they broke inside the googles. I dont smell any fried electronics, but its strange when I dont get it to work. Red to red, yellow to yellow, and blue and black together to one wire, and goes in to the black wire from the rechargable battery.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:56 AM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
The issue is that the colors do not correspond to what we expect it to correspond to. Did you check continuity before applying power?
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:00 PM
KragerÝ, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
672 Posts
I am not sure what you mean, but I guess my answer is no. I had to open the googles and now I try to "rewire" them, and make googles with ski googles.