SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2011, 08:22 PM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Discussion
Dang this is a hard addiction to break!

I was DONE! DONE I tell you DONE! I sold my Skookum SK-720 because I needed some cash for Christmas and I was sure I would not care to fly a regular flybar heli again. Seeing as how the cash for another 720 wasn't going to mysteriously appear anywhere in the near future, I thought I could finally give up helis and just got back to my planks. WRONG!!! Left my 450 out in plain sight everyday and kept having to look at it. Didn't have a lot of money though and even though the "itch" was there, didn't know what to do.
Almost gave in and bought a cheapie Chinese gyro even though it was totally against my better judgment but then a friend on another site offered me an absolutely killer deal on a Futaba 401! So....I bought it and I'm about to go check out Xheli for an ESC and blades and I'll be sucked down the rabbit hole that is RC helis once again. Curses! Just need to figure out a tail servo because my Logictech 3100G digital won't work with the 401.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:49 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer View Post
I was DONE! DONE I tell you DONE! I sold my Skookum SK-720 because I needed some cash for Christmas and I was sure I would not care to fly a regular flybar heli again. Seeing as how the cash for another 720 wasn't going to mysteriously appear anywhere in the near future, I thought I could finally give up helis and just got back to my planks. WRONG!!! Left my 450 out in plain sight everyday and kept having to look at it. Didn't have a lot of money though and even though the "itch" was there, didn't know what to do.
Almost gave in and bought a cheapie Chinese gyro even though it was totally against my better judgment but then a friend on another site offered me an absolutely killer deal on a Futaba 401! So....I bought it and I'm about to go check out Xheli for an ESC and blades and I'll be sucked down the rabbit hole that is RC helis once again. Curses! Just need to figure out a tail servo because my Logictech 3100G digital won't work with the 401.

I have used an MKS DS480 with the futaba 401 gyro. Works fine for sport flying. I don't 3D so don't know about that. PB
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Mar 13, 2011, 02:52 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
you may like the hitec 5084, its really cheap right now at amainhobbies.com. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...iversal-Signal

i tried selling off all my heli stuff twice, but no one wanted them.
i dont think i could have went long without the helis though.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Last edited by bad400; Mar 13, 2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:05 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2009
1,064 Posts
Yeah i've been their to fellas i tried too give it up two times myself now 9 scale heli,s later am hooked and i like it
Bad Creation is offline Find More Posts by Bad Creation
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:45 PM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Well I really want my SK-720 flybarless back but the earliest possibility of that is in July and I wasn't going to wait that long. A friend on another site offered me a real gyro, a Futaba 401, at a ridiculously good price so I'm back with a flybar bird.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:23 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,426 Posts
No-fly zone...

My wife is a little upset with my dedication the RC fraternity... She has declared that I am now in a NO-FLY ZONE.

I think she's been watching too much news on CNN.
Piper J3 is offline Find More Posts by Piper J3