SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 14, 2001, 10:49 AM
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
710 Posts
jr plug to futaba plug gyro problems

I just bought a new cirrus dual bb coreless high speed servo with a hitec jr connector for the rudder on my heli.When i plugged in the servo to the futaba connector of the gyro all the servos started jumpin like crazy.I thought there all compatible? jr to futaba. If i just plug the servo into the receiver on the rudder channel everything is fine, but when i hook it up to the gyro it's all crazy again.Anyone have any ideas cause when i hooked up my usual futaba148 servo back up to the gyro again shes AOK? All my sevos and radio gear on the heli is futaba and the gyro is an older century pz 200 which works great otherwise, with a futaba servo connected to it. Can anyone offer any help please?
fourstarforty is offline Find More Posts by fourstarforty
Last edited by fourstarforty; Oct 14, 2001 at 11:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2001, 12:08 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
Your sure your not pluging it in backwards?
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old Oct 14, 2001, 12:23 PM
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
710 Posts
I don't think i'm plugging it in backwards but can someone give me the right wire codes to make sure jr to futaba.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 12:34 PM
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
710 Posts
jr to futaba

UUmmmmmmmm on the package for the servo it says jr hitec but now that i look at the servo wire and plug it's jr..... i don't think their compatiable ? are they not opposite? how do i go about fixing .thanks
Old Oct 14, 2001, 01:07 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
JR, HiTec and Futaba all share the same wire order, and are all compatible. Simply make sure the brown wire goes in the same side as the old black wire did and you'll be fine.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 02:08 PM
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
710 Posts
jr to futaba

Jim heres the weird part if i plug the new servo into the receiver into the rudder channel everything is ok no jitters , but when i plug the servo into the gyro whicj has a futaba plug everything goes crazy. if i plug the regular futaba servo into the futaba plug of the gyro everything is fine?I just read on rc showroom that jr and futaba are opposite?
Old Oct 14, 2001, 02:55 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
It still sounds to me like you've got either the servo, or the gyro in backwards. JR and Futaba are THE SAME except for the little tab on the end of the plug that makes the Futaba.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 04:14 PM
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
710 Posts
jr to futaba

Hi jim no everything is connected right when i unplug the jr plug and hockup the futaba servo everything is fine.The 1 thing i notices right away is that when u hook up jr to futaba the servo moves in the opposite direction.I think i'm goin to have to return it to the lhs.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 04:52 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
I thought it didn't work when you hooked up the JR to the Futaba? Do you not have servo reversing?
Old Oct 14, 2001, 07:34 PM
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
710 Posts
jr to futaba

JIm when i plug the cirrus servo with the jr plug into my futaba receiver in the rudder channel the servo works.But when i plug the servo into my gyro which has a futaba connector all the servos in the heli including the cirrus go ballistic.I don/t know really how to explain it i think i'll just return the servo..thanks for the help.I do have servo reverseing but the problem must be comin from the gyro i guess.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 10:24 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,799 Posts
It sounds like the Gyro is the problem, not the servo.

It all works fine, even the servo till the gyro is pluged in, right?
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Oct 14, 2001, 10:58 PM
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
710 Posts
jr to futaba

Hi fred well it's very weird cause the gyro works fine with the futaba servo just not the cirrus servo with the jr plug.Maybe cause it's coreless and it's picking up alot of noise from somewhere, 1 of the futaba servos does hum a bit in center and the coreless servo could be acting on that?I think i'll just go back to the futaba servo it's a bit slow but works ok. Most heli flyers are usin fasrt servos so i thought i would 2 but it didn't work out it's a cheaper servo than others around 90.00 canadian i bet your servo on your hawk is a alot more than that in US funds.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 12:11 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,799 Posts
Does the servo really need to be coreless? I mean with 6 volts most servos move 60 degrees in under .010 seconds anyway.

Just a thought.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Oct 15, 2001, 02:12 AM
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
710 Posts
jr to futaba

Fred i'm using a futaba 148 on the rudder very slow around .23- 60 degrees at 4.8 volts.I could upgrade to 6 volts most people are usin coreless digital servos on the rudder what are u using?