HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:20 AM
Australia, VIC, Blackburn North
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Awesome vids!!

That scale vid definitely gets my vote!!

I found a little secret...........Eucalyptus oil, is there anything you can't do?

Tear in to before.

After a little rubbing with a cotton wool ball with eucalyptus oil on it.
mozzyrocks is offline Find More Posts by mozzyrocks
Last edited by mozzyrocks; Mar 22, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:54 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,902 Posts
Very nice! I just sanded mine off, but I was scuffing it for paint anyway.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:25 AM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
I was actually very surprised at how easy it rubbed off.

I will paint it, but, wanted a blank canvas to reduce the confusion. I'm easily confused. hehehe
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:15 AM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,064 Posts
Nice! I might have to try that. Didn't really want to do any sanding.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Mar 22, 2011, 01:28 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined May 2006
285 Posts
Thats a great tip man! Thanks for trying that out!
4mods is offline Find More Posts by 4mods
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mods View Post
Thats a great tip man! Thanks for trying that out!
It actually started with removing the 40mhz sticker residue on the transom & I saw a bit more residue on that number on the flat section behind the fake motor. When I rubbed it over I noticed the cotton ball had a slight green colour to it, so, I kept rubbing & voila!!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:39 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
I just painted over the stickers, but the stickers/print (not sure what to call it ) didn't like the first coat. It seemed to separate the paint. Was using krylon fusion for anyones interest. So anyway, had to do 3 coats before you couldn't notice the stickers.

I tried WD40, Small amounts of nail polish remover and hard wet towel rubbing with no results. Didn't try the sanding because i didn't want to scrape up the surface. If i order another one, I'll try the eucalyptus oil.

This boat is going to be sweet. I just found an awesome place very close to my house to run it in. Has 2 foot water falls, rapids, pools, logs, narrows........ Perfect. I'll post some pics when i get back from my trip.
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:08 PM
Cookie
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
I tried WD40, Small amounts of nail polish remover and hard wet towel rubbing with no results.
Very confused

1/2 way through the rcu jet thread, about 10 eons ago now, I recommended nail polish remover. It will take the paint off in seconds. So will wd40 and now euco oil too.
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:11 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,902 Posts
If it had a coat of paint over them then the "stickers" wouldn't come off until the full coat of paint was removed first.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:44 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
If it had a coat of paint over them then the "stickers" wouldn't come off until the full coat of paint was removed first.
??? The stickers are still on the boat, but are covered in paint. Therefore they they are not noticeable. When i applied the paint, the stickers repelled the paint and left an uneven surface. Thats why i had to do a few layers.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:47 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x8 View Post
Very confused

1/2 way through the rcu jet thread, about 10 eons ago now, I recommended nail polish remover. It will take the paint off in seconds. So will wd40 and now euco oil too.
I'm not lying to you. I tried wd40 multiple times, and it didn't remove any of the graphics what so ever. I was very shy with the nail polish remover as i was informed that it could do damage to the plastic, but that didn't really seem to work for me either. Its all good now, i have painted over them and you can't see any sign of them.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:39 AM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
I'm not lying to you. I tried wd40 multiple times, and it didn't remove any of the graphics what so ever. I was very shy with the nail polish remover as i was informed that it could do damage to the plastic, but that didn't really seem to work for me either. Its all good now, i have painted over them and you can't see any sign of them.

Hold on, some nail polish remover is acetone based & will remove the printing very easily.

Was your nail polish remover non-acetone based by chance?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:47 AM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
No, it was acetone, and that is why i was told to be very careful. Because according to some of the rcu guys, acetone can eat up that hull. I didn't want to leave it on for very long, so i just wet a towel in the polish remover and rubbed it on. Didn't really work, but thats ok because i painted over it anyway.

I really want to get started on the mods, but have to wait for hobby king to restock a few parts.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:58 AM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Yeah, they are a bit slow to restock.

I'm waiting on my cooling jacket & 60A ESC. ESC is there, just not the jacket.

By the way, pay HK with Paypal as I nearly got bitten by them.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:14 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzyrocks View Post
Yeah, they are a bit slow to restock.

I'm waiting on my cooling jacket & 60A ESC. ESC is there, just not the jacket.

By the way, pay HK with Paypal as I nearly got bitten by them.
What i have learnt to do with Hobby king is to order the in stock items in one order and the out of stock items in another. That way at least you get some of your items. I forgot to do that this time unfortunately.

I always use paypal on the internet, you never know with some of these companies. Hobby king has been good to me, but places like banana hobby i just stay completely clear from.

I am almost done the paint and stickers on my boat, and will post up some picture later on today (so long as i can get to the hobby shop to pick up a bit of paint for the finishing touches)