Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 18, 2011, 02:59 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,818 Posts
I had mine up front like you have it in the picture, but it runs better (and loses prime less) with the battery sideways in front of the motor.

I actually re-arranged all the components to get wait as far back as I can without adding weight. Seems to run better, but haven't really found any good rapids to try it in. There's lots of fast water, but it's WAY too cold to go in after a boat if it flips or gets stuck.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2011, 06:55 PM
Cookie
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzyrocks View Post
Where do you use yours 10x8, got footage?
There's a couple of ponds on Henry Lawson Drv Lansvale.

Yer some footage in 4mods yellow jet thread.

I'm actually scouting around for another used one, bare hull. I scored a mini Graupner drive and I'd like to try it.
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:24 AM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,991 Posts
Nice job! Be very careful around gravel if you're running without the grate. I just cleaned up the sharp edges around the grate and intake area with the dremel; mine has no problems maintaining prime with the grate in place.

The glue they use to hold the drive in isn't the greatest, and the screws don't seem to create significant drag, so you might want to put them back for peace of mind.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:49 AM
Australia, VIC, Blackburn North
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post
Nice job! Be very careful around gravel if you're running without the grate. I just cleaned up the sharp edges around the grate and intake area with the dremel; mine has no problems maintaining prime with the grate in place.

The glue they use to hold the drive in isn't the greatest, and the screws don't seem to create significant drag, so you might want to put them back for peace of mind.

I have smeared 'shoe goo' around the inside. We usually use this to stick two pieces of lexan/polycarbonate together which never comes apart even after heavy impact.

I tried to pull the jet unit out & it refused to budge.

I'll keep an eye on it though. Cheers.

Placing the battery across seems to sit perfectly between the ribs running down the boat. I think I'll get the 60A ESC from HK before fixing the battery tray in, but, for testing, I'll just double sided tape it in.

Thanks guys. I'll try get my friend to come film while I test it as something ALWAYS ends up going wrong!! lol
mozzyrocks is offline Find More Posts by mozzyrocks
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:21 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,991 Posts
Quote:
I have smeared 'shoe goo' around the inside. We usually use this to stick two pieces of lexan/polycarbonate together which never comes apart even after heavy impact.

I tried to pull the jet unit out & it refused to budge.

I'll keep an eye on it though. Cheers.

Placing the battery across seems to sit perfectly between the ribs running down the boat. I think I'll get the 60A ESC from HK before fixing the battery tray in, but, for testing, I'll just double sided tape it in.

Thanks guys. I'll try get my friend to come film while I test it as something ALWAYS ends up going wrong!! lol
Ah ok, that shoe goo is good stuff, 4mods let me in on that secret.

I used adhesive backed velcro to secure my battery, and stuffed 2 of those little air filled plastic packing pillows in the nose in case something went horribly wrong and it tried to sink.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:21 AM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Check this vid at the 2 min mark.

40buck jetboat launch! (3 min 44 sec)
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:26 AM
Zombie Apocalypse
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
1,973 Posts
That is the coolest thing I've seen of late....nice work.

If you watch you can see the head moving just before the boat is launched from the trailer.
Rusty Old Fart is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Old Fart
Old Mar 20, 2011, 04:23 AM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Here's another one.

A little longer, but, there is some footage at around the 4min mark I think you all should see!!

HOTROCKS!! Part 1!! Jet boat style! (14 min 56 sec)
Old Mar 20, 2011, 04:44 AM
Zombie Apocalypse
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
1,973 Posts
That is simply stunning
Rusty Old Fart is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Old Fart
Old Mar 20, 2011, 05:08 AM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
That yellow boat with the white jet nozzle is running this pump unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kmb-28mm-Jet-Dri...-/220756524355
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:59 AM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
That yellow boat with the white jet nozzle is running this pump unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kmb-28mm-Jet-Dri...-/220756524355
I've never seen that one before. Cool!
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:14 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined May 2006
285 Posts
Hey thanks for sharing more of my vids. I guess I forget not everyone will go onto a youtube channel and browse the vids. Thanks Mozzy!! Glad you guys like my videos!
4mods is offline Find More Posts by 4mods
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:12 AM
Cookie
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,177 Posts
What can I say 4mods? Best NQD action. Love the towing in the first and the way you nuts rip up near bare rock in the 2nd vid. And the Pajero?? Awesome.

Pete
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:37 AM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mods View Post
Hey thanks for sharing more of my vids. I guess I forget not everyone will go onto a youtube channel and browse the vids. Thanks Mozzy!! Glad you guys like my videos!

Ahhhhh, what can I say? I loved them & so did a few of my mates, so, I thought the guys here would love them too!!

One loved the Pajero reversing the boat in so much, he has decided to get a boat to tow behind his Tundra.

He also has a Pajero & was amazed at the submarine capability of the one in your vids.

Can't wait for part 2!!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 01:41 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined May 2006
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x8 View Post
What can I say 4mods? Best NQD action. Love the towing in the first and the way you nuts rip up near bare rock in the 2nd vid. And the Pajero?? Awesome.

Pete
Yeah, my bud Steve wants to go back and drive it in better... lol, I told him it was sweet and not to worry! haha. Summer is coming so expect some more boat launch vids! We love skipping our boats across the rocks.. LOL.

Quote:
Ahhhhh, what can I say? I loved them & so did a few of my mates, so, I thought the guys here would love them too!!

One loved the Pajero reversing the boat in so much, he has decided to get a boat to tow behind his Tundra.

He also has a Pajero & was amazed at the submarine capability of the one in your vids.

Can't wait for part 2!!
Yeah man, thats the same pajero you see do the boat launch. Here is part 2 of that session.

Part 2 Hot Rocks, with some Rc trucks! (7 min 14 sec)

Thanks again guys, I love watching vids so making them is that much more fun!

Here are some more boat vids for you guys. This one was mostly filmed off my white jet boat with reverse bucket.

BAMM Burnaby Pond scale boat club! (12 min 37 sec)

My buds KMB 28mm NQD setup, super sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNSLNzeDiB4

Some on board of my buds sick KMB boat, not the best as he was having power issues.

KMB jet boat (6 min 24 sec)

Off the front of my boat.

Offfront of jet boat (2 min 41 sec)

My first vid with my gopro

Go Pro Boating first runs (2 min 48 sec)

There are a few of my latest, there is more but yeah. Thats enough spamming my vids for now. Enjoy guys!
4mods is offline Find More Posts by 4mods
Last edited by 4mods; Mar 21, 2011 at 01:48 PM.