HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:38 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,342 Posts
W, I dunno..hull is 60 something on ebay, but, catch up to him here..

stevedales@gmail.com

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170937930545...84.m1438.l2649

This way I dont mis-quote
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:40 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,342 Posts
Hey Fire, show me your stuff, man, I'm wore out posting...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:32 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,342 Posts
Heres a better link..got all his stuff..

http://stores.ebay.com/SicRC?_rdc=1
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:21 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
The KMB drive isn't listed, I'll shoot him an email. Something tells me it's more than I'm going to want to spend though
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:00 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,342 Posts
No, the kmb isnt listed yet, too new of a project for him, I have seen the vid of it running..

And, its under 200 bucks, I know that..and too much is the ONLY way to spend..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:57 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
622 Posts
It is tempting to go straight for that KMB and Steve's boat.

I found a nice little river today with some decent speed and a nice little climbing section. I need to work something out though to catch my boat if it flips etc and gets swept away... It's too deep for rubber boots so I'll likely need a "spotter" for recovery support lol.

I noticed a couple things today, the boat porpoises a bit at about half throttle(this was on a calm lake area) but anything after that it seems fine. I'm not too bothered myself but just to check things, what do we look at to fix this?

I've also noticed at full throttle it pulls pretty hard to the right(needs a lot of trim to fix and I know this can all be adjusted with the linkage too). That sort of leads into how much better it turns to the right than it does to the left(even when trimmed and endpoints set). I've checked my endpoints and I'm unable to set any additional left into the nozzle. I'm assuming it's like this due to the poor placement of the jet from the factory. It's quite clear for me to see that it's not in straight, so I'm thinking there's not too much I can do to fix this? I thought about trimming a bit of the material at the side of the nozzle away(where it touches the stator at full turn), but I'm not sure if that is such a good idea. I suppose this is another good reason to just buy Steve's boat lol.

None the less, here's a couple quick "action" pics on a calm lake
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:30 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,342 Posts
T, a jet has no torque effect, so, it shouldnt be doing that..did you replace the thin VERY flexible wire going from your servo too the nozzle? all that gotta be no slop at the servo and nozzle arm, and no flex.

Even with the jet slightly crooked in the boat, its the NOZZLE that determines direction..

As for the hoppin, of you noticed, I made some stainless trim tabs for mine to take that out..boat looks GREAT..

in about hour, I will be posting a short vid on the red one I finally finished for a friend..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:33 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,342 Posts
I GOTTA get that blue..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:40 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,342 Posts
Hey Mad, where you been? havent seen you around

here are the end pics of my friends red one.

DSCN2153 (1 min 2 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:50 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
622 Posts
The red boat looks great! Clips along nicely too. I love the glossy finish. Should have added gloss to mine. Perhaps the next one will get it.

As for the blue, I would imagine something like the previously mentioned Honda Civic blue would be your best bet over there. Or maybe Ford Deep Impact Blue, or Toyota Blue Streak metallic.

As for the linkage, yes I'm still using the stock piece that came with the boat... It really doesn't seem to flimsy, but I'll see about replacing that. I am able to fix the boat turning under hard acceleration(I think it turned a bit from the start and the more throttle applied the more it turned so that was just getting everything in line and trimming properly), but more so I want to get the turning radius equal both ways. Might do a bit of trimming on the nozzle to see what I can do there.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:44 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,342 Posts
T, its the shade of blue, my own little mazda turbo car is electric blue, too, but, thats not what im lookin for..I'll find it..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:50 AM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
622 Posts
Yea I get ya. I wonder if you spoke to a Ford dealership if they could special order the colour for you? Although I'm sure it would cost an arm and a leg directly from them. I'd send you a few cans if it wasn't restricted to send in the post.

nice vette
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:30 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,342 Posts
Thanks, T. I road course both cars, the vette has been 202 mph..

The mazda is a ball too, my sons idea.." Dad, turbos are in, forget V8 stuff"..

Right..lol..its fast, tuned heavy, big boost, but, vette eats it alive..

IF, there was a car with that color on it, the car would have the paint code on the factory equipment sticker..or, if you have a can of it, gimmie the code on the bottom of the can, with the brand..I could get it from there..

Thanks, my friend..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:44 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
622 Posts
Like the ol saying goes "There's no replacement for displacement"

As for the paint, the stuff i got is just from a local hardware store called Halfords. It's Halfords brand. The item number for the can was 441832-0 but it does not have a code on it that i could find as I doubt it's "licensed".

I found some paint codes for the amparo blue though. I'll also fire an email to a mate who works at ford as he should be able to verify it.

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...europe_A-L.htm
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
622 Posts
actually the code on the bottom of the can is: J51353