Firehawk989 is online now Find More Posts by Firehawk989
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:43 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Power came in today, 3300kv, long case, more torque, by the same company that make castle/neu..

I went a little lighter on kv, as this motor HAS the power to get to the 3300..lol

This jet is going to load much harder, so, I was looking at a hobby king motor, but, didnt trust the specs..this combo should overdrive the jet by about 27%..that allows for misc. design flaws, and gives the big hole shot.
That should move out pretty quick!
Is that a 4-pole motor? What size?
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:10 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,387 Posts
Nice color on the SI...Fire, its a 3674..long can on em..74mm, but much more torque, can do 2400 watts.., thats a peak of 3.2 hp, or real close..wanna see that jet load THAT motor..

I think I'm gonna go with red again, have some left..

You guys get different colors than we do in this country, I was lookin for that ford blue.
chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:00 AM
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,262 Posts
Can't wait to see this thing go! What a cool boat.
7car7 is offline Find More Posts by 7car7
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:07 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,109 Posts
That is going to be one sweet boat!

You'll want to rotate the cooling jacket on your motor so that the outlet is on top, otherwise you can get a big bubble in there that doesn't do any cooling. Wouldn't want to fry that nice new motor!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:13 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,387 Posts
Guys, got it rigged today..AMAZING thrust compared to the little one..blew my hot tub dry..lol..

I threw it in my pond for a minute, batts are to low, but, its stable, and quick,and FAST..

Not like my gas boats, of course, as I get it dialed in, I'll do a vid with the gps in the boat...its in the 40's, tho, easy.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:57 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,387 Posts
thank you, guys, I appreciate it..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,387 Posts
Quite pleased with the mechanical install, nice and roomy and balanced, will do more neating up as I detail it out.

Runs very well, tracks dead on, full strakes do that, runs flat, no problem unhooking on wake, turns without dropping the nose, CG is real close..

The motor and esc are good for up to 6S, this is on 3S, no breakage that way, I'm hoping, but, they run this jet on 12's..

The real bearings instead of bushings help, along with the massive coupler, and supported shaft.

In the short vid, I have not yet built a grate, and, it sucked a leaf..lol, end of vid..

But, you can see enough, with a small, 1500, 4S, being a lot lighter than the 2 6000's I have in there, mid 50 mph should not be a issue..thats mph, NOT kph

A 30 second run, that would be..lol

To sum it up,Steves nqd knock off hull with this jet, GOTTA be a hoot..and he cnc's all the holes in for you, and lowers the jet itself.

No more for a bit, gotta lotta detailing ahead, and then paint.

DSCN2133 (1 min 33 sec)

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Dec 08, 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:33 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,387 Posts
What kinda guy would I be if I just went in the house?
a ..

So, I went to a friends, borrowed his plane 4S, but, lost my vid taker, she had to go shopping, ya know..WAAY more important than giving me 45 seconds..

Anyway, 4S is all the jet can take with the kv I'm running, last 15% of the throttle gets nothing, so, this is what this set up will do, I have up trim in the jet now, a few more degrees up, MIGHT let it see 55 mph, but, it would porpoise a bunch at low speeds..not a good trade, boat runs nose up and flat everywhere, like it should..

Now, on to the detailing..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:19 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2006
1,474 Posts
Jet boat

Thanks for video. I do have some questions. The boat is what without the cover? The cost of the jet and size is next ?. I need a winter project and yours is top of list as of now. I searched and i see max rpms for 40mm jets is 20,000 rpm. I have a 3674-2200 and a UL-1 2030 motor. I have escs in the T-120 and HK 125 esc range for such a project. Now the 40mm jets come from overseas i gather or not? Thanks for your time and patience, have a good day!!
Mikedown is offline Find More Posts by Mikedown
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:53 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Quite pleased with the mechanical install, nice and roomy and balanced, will do more neating up as I detail it out.

Runs very well, tracks dead on, full strakes do that, runs flat, no problem unhooking on wake, turns without dropping the nose, CG is real close..

The motor and esc are good for up tp 6S, this is on 3S, no breakage that way, I'm hoping, but, they run this jet on 12's..

The real bearings instead of bushings help, along with the massive coupler, and supported shaft.

In the short vid, I have not yet built a grate, and, it sucked a leaf..lol, end of vid..

But, you can see enough, with a small, 1500, 4S, being a lot lighter than the 2 6000's I have in there, mid 50 mph should not be a issue..thats mph, NOT kph

A 30 second run, that would be..lol

To sum it up,Steves nqd knock off hull with this jet, GOTTA be a hoot..and he cnc's all the holes in for you, and lowers the jet itself.

No more for a bit, gotta lotta detailing ahead, and then paint.

http://vimeo.com/55167218

That clips along nicely! It's also nice the room you have to work on it.

At the end, did the leaf just block the inlet or damage the impeller? I must admit I had a bit of a chuckle at the way you said "ok we're done". But I do hope it was nothing major.

I know I'm only getting into this game with the boats, but I'm liking the idea of the bigger jet in Steve's boats...
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:23 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,387 Posts
First, Mike, its a copy of a jet sprint, 660mm long, the jet is a 28mm, KMB, which as you see is more than enough for it..im running a 3674 also, 3300kv.

The specs on rpm for these jets is quite subject to question, I am overdriving mine hard, until the last run with the 4S batt, it took it fine..with 4S, 45000 + rpm., 3S, which it likes better, 36600..which is way overdriven by the specs.

T, it just had a leaf stuck in the intake, no grate yet..if it would have been parts, would not have been the second run..

3S, is all you need here, I threw the 4S in it just to see what the max was on it..

I want this boat to be dependable, durable, as parts are in germany, tho I did get a extra stator, impeller, and bearings.

Steves boat is the way to go, BUT, buy the jet from him too, as it has to be shaved down to fit properly, he does all of it for you.

With his boat, you will have the flat water fun, AND the ability to rock crawl too, this one here aint crawling over NOTHING..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:25 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,387 Posts
Mike, to add to your questions, the hull is made by KMB, also..

http://www.jet-drive.de/index.php?op...mid=15&lang=en
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:30 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
How much does he sell the hull and modified KMB 28mm drive for?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons