HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2013, 02:00 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernan85 View Post
haha, I agree I need to plan some more. I'll be on the hunt for a cheap telescopic rod of some sort. I can add a small hanging hook to it and that will cure a lot of my troubles lol.
Every golf course or equipment joint will have these http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-Lightwe...item20cfd8c5a7

Get a little creative on the end for a hook! 18 Feet/5.48M should save your little hinder more than a few times!

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Last edited by jgestner; Mar 10, 2013 at 02:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
The Seats are in the Lowrider! All ready for the girls! The roll bars are gonna go, just not yet.

Need lights and windshield on it an and lightbar and driver uniforms on USCG boat.

John in Merrill
Last edited by jgestner; Mar 10, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:07 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,824 Posts
T, thanks for sharing..sounds like what happened..and, discriptive enough for us to visualize, hope the jets ok, Me, I'm also thinkin make sure you clear all your cooling lines..in case they got in em..

Standing in the stream runnin upstream seems to be the only way of not having those issues, but, way to cold for wadin..
chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:10 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,824 Posts
The golf ball thing sure is light enough..put a net on the end of it, and your there..boats are coming along..you tub test em yet? dunk em see where the bubbles come up?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:40 PM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
The Seats are in the Lowrider! All ready for the girls! The roll bars are gonna go, just not yet.
Need lights and windshield on it an and lightbar and driver uniforms on USCG boat.
John in Merrill
How did you make the seats in the ghetto cruiser
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbugger View Post
How did you make the seats in the ghetto cruiser
Just an Oven bake modeling clay called Sculpey. Secret Seat material Shhhhh It's called Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay from a company called Polyform Products Company. http://www.sculpey.com/

Got a windshield on it, but not sure the shape is what I want.

John in Merrill
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:59 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
610 Posts
John, the golf ball retriever looks like just the thing I need lol. Thanks.

Further to that, your boats look awesome, I really love the coast guard one!

Chi I'll make sure to check the cooling lines, they look clear to see but will tub test to ensure a good flow. Tore apart the boat this evening, all is looking good. Took out the impeller and seems spot on still. It was just too caked with this algae goop that it wouldn't spin, I'm hoping I didn't wreck any electronics, as I had tried to see if it would go a few times while it was floating downstream.
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiernan85 View Post
It was just too caked with this algae goop that it wouldn't spin, I'm hoping I didn't wreck any electronics, as I had tried to see if it would go a few times while it was floating downstream.

Thanks for kind comments on my "Theme Boats". Most people would not spend any time on the crazy detailing of a $40 toy. This current forum thread group seems to like that kind of thing as much as getting the motor/ESC/servo/blah blah blah correct. It's all good if you enjoy it and have some other people who can kind of appreciate what you are doing. Kind of too bad that it takes at least 3 continents to find 6 or 8 of us, but at least we have accomplished that.

John in Merrill

PS I really only have one waterjacketed ESC. I still need to do some jewelry type cutting and soldering to doctor another Land/Air ESC to do water work. As a retired art teacher and continuing "artist", I enjoy bending to my, will the brass that will be needed to become my next watercooled ESC.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
Anywhere there is room to fly...
Joined Feb 2004
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post

Thanks for kind comments on my "Theme Boats". Most people would not spend any time on the crazy detailing of a $40 toy. This current forum thread group seems to like that kind of thing...
Love the seats, they are fantastic. Making these little boats look better/different is just human nature I reckon; we are never satisfied!!!
I just made new "Heads" for mine; tried to get the more authentic "Jetsprint" look...
pitts is online now Find More Posts by pitts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:28 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,824 Posts
The heads look good..and, personalizing ANYTHING make it that..personal..
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:38 PM
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,261 Posts
T, what a story! Please be careful, don't drown.
John, the seats are outstanding. Love them. Not quite feeling the windshield yet. Maybe if more slanted? CG boat is incredible.
Pitts, great looking boat, the heads and wing are very cool.
7car7 is offline Find More Posts by 7car7
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:59 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Nice Job on the new heads pitts! Was that hand carving or 3D printing, or something else?

My wife was looking at the NQD's and noticed one of my baby quadcopters nearby. She said the USCG boat had to carry the quad as part of the New Drone Police that seem to be the rage lately.

John in Merrill

PS
Hey Gang
I found a real JetBoat in the U. S. Coast Guard fleet it's called the RBM which stands for Response Boat Medium and it's a 45 footer and has twin diesel engines with waterjet propulsion.
http://www.uscg.mil/acquisition/rbm/pdf/rb-m.pdf
Name: USCG_RBM.jpg
Views: 28
Size: 17.2 KB
Description: This is the REAL USCG JetBoat called and RBM
Last edited by jgestner; Mar 11, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:04 AM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitts View Post
Love the seats, they are fantastic. Making these little boats look better/different is just human nature I reckon; we are never satisfied!!!
I just made new "Heads" for mine; tried to get the more authentic "Jetsprint" look...
A guy after my own heart. Wing, different driver heads, engine mods, roll bar mods like yours are all essential for the sprint boat look which I also favour. Only thing that might put the icing on the cake of your fine boat would be the alternative rollbar Oz Steve sells. That's if he's been able to make it back to base yet, after what mardy was saying a couple of pages back.

John, your seats are fabulous. If I make another with a lake cruiser theme I will try doing it that way, although I might then go one stage further. Use the clay seats as a mold to vacuum-mold plastic ones for the boat. For lightness. Agree with 7car7 about the screen though. It looks too high and not raked enough, IMO. Mind you, it may look a whole lot better once your 'young ladies of easy virtue' are installed, depending on how big they are
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Last edited by madbugger; Mar 11, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:47 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,824 Posts
Yup..what they said...

RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Some would say this is beautiful! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought we were thawing?
John

PS I would have preferred the day to be more like this
Toy Boats - A Sydney Tilt-shift Time-lapse (4 min 0 sec)
Last edited by jgestner; Mar 11, 2013 at 01:19 PM.