Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:02 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Energy, where ya been, bro???
Wish i didn't but i sold my nq... Maybe I'll start one again soon. Need to save some coins first. Mine became a bit of a money pit, so just got rid of it.

Really impressed with the boats you guys are posting! SOme really nice ones.
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:23 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,494 Posts
GREAT!! you are a part of this thread..com'on back
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:15 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,494 Posts
Hummm..shoppin for gel coat..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:34 AM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Hummm..shoppin for gel coat..
What's happened? Don't tell me you've had some kind of disaster with one or other of the KMB hulls. Or has the vette had a bang. Or is this for an entirely new project. You can't leave us in suspense like that
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:48 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,494 Posts
Hard water, vette's napping till spring, it doesnt like the cold, sooo..

I'm gonna blow one of the big hulls again, I was cleaning up some, = she was rooting thru my stuff, and found a new 35 in a box I didnt know I still had..

I never run my twin, but, I like the real big uns..this will be the same as this yellow one..

61' apache stretch, on bayou, '96 (5 min 57 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:57 PM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
915 Posts
Keychain Camera Mod

I'm sure anyone who's interested must have seen the Tom Franks RCGroups sites at such as http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994
and if so will have seen the submersible case shown in http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6151 . I may therefore be preaching to the converted but.......

The vid is better seen on youtube
808 #16 waterproof-diving case with 1,50 euro (4 min 28 sec)

while the results with this case are shown here (and if you don't watch it in fullscreen on youtube you're denying yourself a thrill)
808 #16 waterproof-diving case with 1,5 euro (underwater video) (9 min 48 sec)

The point, for those of us who aren't going to dive, is that the addition of the hole in the plastic case over the controls and the bicycle inner tube outer casing featured in these vids would be a worthwhile addition to a mentos or tictac case (as championed by Fire). Would allow you to switch the camera off and on without having to take it out of the waterproof housing. An advantage even in our less demanding use.
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Last edited by madbugger; Feb 23, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:56 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
594 Posts
Not seen that myself mad so thanks for posting as I can use it for my little keychain cam

As for the little 2040 I run, yep, it's all that I need on the little river I call Poseidon!!

I've an itch to try something with more torque, but I've not been overcome to it yet. I'll leave that for Steve's new boat
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:44 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,494 Posts
Which NEEDS to come on with it..

I got nothin to build..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:05 AM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
594 Posts
Well come on then, sort out the big boat

Anyone messaged Steve about it?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:06 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,494 Posts
Yeah, talked to him last night..bout 3 weeks or so..

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:38 PM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
720 Posts
We had some fun today with the boats out on the ice but we had a small accident.

Both jet boats were going at each other full speed then we both turned towards each other but he was just a little ahead and I went right into the side of his jet boat and through it leaving a 2 inch piece of the hull missing lol so that cut the day short. Hopefully he can fix it with epoxy and fibreglass.

I had been talking about reinforcing the hulls with strips of carbon fibre because I aleady put a 2 inch crack down my hull and I didn't want it to happen again. The plastic the boats are made from is very brittle.
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:34 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,494 Posts
No video of it??
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:11 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbugger View Post
The point, for those of us who aren't going to dive, is that the addition of the hole in the plastic case over the controls and the bicycle inner tube outer casing featured in these vids would be a worthwhile addition to a mentos or tictac case (as championed by Fire). Would allow you to switch the camera off and on without having to take it out of the waterproof housing. An advantage even in our less demanding use.
The Tic-Tac box is flexible enough that you can press the buttons with the camera inside anyway.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:43 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,420 Posts
Hi Gang
Sorry Geo There's got to be a way to patch the boat up. I assume you weren't able to salvage the missing plastic.
I must be missing something. You say you were out on the ICE enjoying your jetboat? I can't run my JetBoat on the ice near me.

On another note I am getting close to finished with my Coast Guard graphics. I was able cobble together enough of the appropriate kinds of details for my own personal decal sheet. I was able to print them as a Microsoft Word document onto some special Laser Label plastic label sheets with self adhesive and peel off paper backing. The first batch was super delicate without a coating on the Laser toner. The second batch is sealed under acrylic spray and came out fantastic!

Got a fun light set and Crawler type lightbar. I'll be Imagineering a method to attach and plumb in the wiring for the light set tomorrow. Lots of little things yet, but it's starting to come together now. It's to the point now that I would not like to see a 2 inch piece at the bottom of the lake, or any of it, for that matter.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:31 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
594 Posts
John, the boat really is looking great, one of the best I've seen!