SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:26 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
625 Posts
Chi, I'm liking that boat, and I'm now more excited to see Steve's hopefully soon. It's a shame you got hardwater. Perhaps a trip to the local pool is in order

As for installing Steve's cage a few pages back, in the end I used a 2 inch long magnetised screwdriver bit, held the boat upside down, and fitted the individual pieces that way by hand with the bit.
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:36 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,559 Posts
LOL, T, same thing I did..
chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:29 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
625 Posts
You need to turn those frowns upside down!! Looks great.

Seeing as you still have hard water for a good bit, send it on over and I'll "test" it for you

Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:54 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,559 Posts
Good idea, T, if you were closer, I would..

I stepped down in power here, the red one is overkill at 2400 watts, I wanna see how this one does..they were on backorder 4 times, I wanted this for the red one, got tired waiting, bought the castle..at 3 times the price..

Kv (rpm/v) 3180
Weight (g) 280
Max Current (A) 94
Resistance (mh) 0
Max Voltage (V) 18
Power(W) 1690
Shaft A (mm) 5
Length B (mm) 60
Diameter C (mm) 36
Can Length D (mm) 58
Total Length E (mm) 76
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:09 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
625 Posts
Yeesh, I've run castle stuff. No doubt it's good, and pricey, but yea kinda sucks when you can get something that will perform the way you want it for much cheaper. Shame about HK as hard to know when in stock again.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:17 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
625 Posts
Um, maybe it's just me but shows in stock when I'm looking....
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:30 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,559 Posts
Oh, its on the way, who the knows when its gonna get here, been ordered 2 weeks..been in the mail for 10 days..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:33 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,559 Posts
I wanted one back in oct., they usually stock only 10 or so..I would think it would sell better..I had one on backorder for 8 weeks, support told me, oh well, wait, or cancel..I canceled..

The little motors will stuggle trying to push this jet, peeps have to go bigger for the kmb.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:48 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
625 Posts
I was thinking if I got a KMB, I would jump up to a 36mm can as I've only the little 20mm in there now. I would imagine that would suit it? Something nice and long than for the extra torque.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:54 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,559 Posts
T, the hk motor I'm using on this one seemed to be the best all around, decent kv, nice wattage, that wattage is 2.26 hp, 94 amp max draw, run any batt you want up to 5's, etc..and the price is good, I think..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:56 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,559 Posts
Underpower this jet, and the power a little motor will pull will smoke the motor, or, esc..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:50 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Underpower this jet, and the power a little motor will pull will smoke the motor, or, esc..

Will you stop when you can fly your home around on it?

Got my 2nd NQD hull today, already all cleaned to even no silly NQD paint scheme spots and stars.

Now I have 1 white body, 1 yellow. We'll deal with paint a little later.

For one of them, I'm going to build a brass watercooled heatsink with a lexan top for a 60 amp ESC I already have, . Advantage is I can solder all, plate with cooling channels in brass, then just seal a clear top on my little water maze and see what's swimming in there too.

For the other, I will need a 2nd watercooled motor, hmmmm............. but have a watercooled 50 amp ESC for that. I have plenty of 2.4 G trans/rec systems and servos for all. I will be working on the 1/8" brass bushings and water pickups.

I still really would like a new grate/intake, and will fidget in my sleep some until I decide on an answer, but with a couple of extra impellors in hand, I might not miss a chance to see what goes wrong first with the stock intake, (I won't be straining rocks for the most part, may only need to keep the Walleye and Muskellunge out).

Biggest thing is the wife is happy so I can keep my same e-mail address/phone #/ etc for a while longer.

I showed her the videos of our NQD's daddies, those King Fisher (Harbercraft) 1775 XD's, and she understood right away. What a doll, (the Rodney Strong merlot didn't hurt).

I want to crack the hull halves on the stocker, just to see how much easier the building will be. I will take some advise, but not much. I will find a way to make this almost a steve build, in my own way.

G'night

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:03 AM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
625 Posts
haha, good to hear you got both boats now. Better even to hear the missus gave you the nod of approval!

Not sure about cracking the halves? If you do find a way that's not too distressing, please let us know. Not that I need it anymore on this one, but could be handy information for others visiting and joining the thread later on.

Chi are you aware of an RPM range for the KMB jets? Kinda like how the NQD is around 29k.